• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Sebapol Can you take a closer shot focussed on the cyclops edge? Could be due to image quality only, but a gen crystal should have a visibly more pronounced bevel around the cyclops. See below comparison of your last picture to a gen DJ41 crystal.

ZTAoxJ.jpg

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Yes, I can confirm it. In original crystal the bevel is the glue.

raphizzz

Horology Curious
25/8/06
Does VSF DJ Oyster band come with an easylink adjustment extension link?

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I will say vsf did a great job with the rhodium and its interesting because I notice vsf does this a lot but the rhodium looks much better in person than it does in pictures. And it looks really good in pictures. But the dial looks remarkably gen like at times and in many typical lighting situations. Like when you look at the picture You see the sunburst is off a little. In person you don't. It just looks... Good. Not like gen but in person it is a lot closer than in pics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Finally received the dial today and is going to Mike for a full gen assembly including dw, crystal, hands and crown.

Took some comparison shots to show the difference of sunburst and depth of blue I talked about.

ZTK12i.jpg

ZTK9nb.jpg

ZTKIWI.jpg

ZTKnup.jpg

ZTK8j5.jpg

Although it may show significant difference in some pictures, VSF still did an amazing job duplicating it.

As someone mentioned earlier, Gen is somewhere between ARF and VSF.

Picked up a gen today from my AD and did a quick comparison with my VSF, they are awful close under crystal, which may make the difference. Will take some pics over the weekend as its going to be sunny in the UK!!!!

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Guys, I haven’t done much research but have some of you bought gen Rolex DJ2 dials to pop in a skinny lugged modern 41 datejust, rather than DJ41 dial? - I think I just need to look into understanding small details about the bigger sized datejusts a bit more because I’ve so little knowledge there but was there a period of time where a crossover means something like that combination exists in gen? Or is it just buying a DJ2 dial because it’s less expensive than DJ41 gen dial and pays off to you guys despite being an unusual for how fantastic a gen dial looks inside the beast? I need to get familiar with these DJs! :) crazy about the Rolex’s Wimbledon dial

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
In my mind I even thought a DJ2 dial and DJ41 dial had different style backs to affix the dial to a movement. I can super wrong and confused ;) muhah. Can both dial styles physically be popped on the VS3235 mov please?

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Please excuse my two posts there. I just did some wild browsing of chrono24 parts section to learn lol

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Yes a dj2 dial can be made to fit the dj41 arfv3 with a2824 movement, the dial feet needs to get cut off, and een option is to use dial dots to hold the dial. I'm not sure if a dj2 dial fits the vs3235 movement..

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Picked up a gen today from my AD and did a quick comparison with my VSF, they are awful close under crystal, which may make the difference. Will take some pics over the weekend as its going to be sunny in the UK!!!!

Please do it
thanks

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK

Can't wait to see your pictures. I suspect under crystal in the sun they will be very close!

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Im waiting with a bowl of popcorn for the pics:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe

:ttiwwop: