• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I see on 126610 thread that some people have issues with 3235 clones,also they are recieving dead movement on recieve... some issues with winding
hmm

Last edited:

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Thootjevdk Thanks a lot dude for the kind reply! I’ve made myself really familiar with ARF models and their movements. But bigger watches in general (41mm datejusts, and my knowledge is whack. I’m not certain that my understanding of the difference between a DJii and DJ41 is even up to scratch yet.
And so,
I think my main query is that I saw a couple of people on the previous page who bought what I thought are DJ2 dials for a VSF datejust 41 and I didn’t understand 1. If it fits the movement just as a datejust 41 dial will.
2. If it’s an ‘unusual choice’, to put a dj2 dial on the VSF *if* an end goal was to make a watch look similar to gen. agh sorry, I find it too difficult to describe what I’m trying to ask. ;-)
DJ2 dial on a modern 126334 would this combo exist in gen, or is the person who bought a dj2 dial just wanting an attractive piece to suit themselves and this exact dial might never be on a real parts combo.
(I’d love to make a datejust franken with VSF one day and the gen Wimbledon datejust2 dial looks a lot cheaper than the gen Wimbledon datejust 41 dial.. I’d love to save cash lol so that’s my reason for the query).
Like this guy.. dj2 dial bought for a vsf datejust. Unusual? Or no please?
Got this dial for a DJ2 from VSF. Can someone help confirm if gen? Can take better pics front/back if needed.

5525477-C-29-AB-4-BFD-BDCD-F8-B5-A4610080.jpg

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I think it’s just me not knowing the difference between a DJ2 and DJ41 that’s confusing me.
I’ll spend some time researching that. :)
..because it would be dang awesome if I could by a dial like this dudes for a VSF. A little bit less expensive for me.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Damn! With more goggling, I think I can understand everything now and how silly my question is. Please excuse it hah

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
DJ2 had a thicker case, thicker marker with an overall beefier look than DJ41.

Sometimes the TDs mix the two models up in their description thats why some might get confused.

I believe DJ2 has been discontiued since a few years back.

DJ2 to the right. DJ41 to the left.

49ff25346519f70add982d5fdda062bc.jpg

Last edited:

vindies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/15
EU
It might be a noob question but can we ask our TD to order the VSF blue with the ARF oyster strap ? ( if it fits )

Last edited:

vindies

24/3/15
EU
It might be a noob question but can we ask our TD to order the VSF blue with the ARF oyster strap ? ( if it fits )

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
It might be a noob question but can we ask our TD to order the VSF blue with the ARF oyster strap ?

You can order vsf and arf jubilee with it,when you recieve you can swap bracelets and sell vsf bracelet

Sebapol

21/7/20
UK
I think it’s just me not knowing the difference between a DJ2 and DJ41 that’s confusing me.
I’ll spend some time researching that. :)
..because it would be dang awesome if I could by a dial like this dudes for a VSF. A little bit less expensive for me.

They both have different case shape

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Thanks guys! - I can see all the differences now. I knew about the slimmer lugs in the modern datejust 41 but I'm seeing so many other details now. Thanks a lot!
I can see the Gen Rolex DJ2 had a 3136 movement. But the Gen 41mm datejust had a 3235 movement.
I know the VSF datejust 41 has a 3235 clone so a 41 gen dial into it would be an easy straight swap.
So ---- for you guys who have bought DJ2 dials, how will you affix them to the 3235 movement please?
Some gentle modding to the dj2 dial or adding dial dots do you think to secure it after mods?
- Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm interested in understanding the difference at the back of the dial. But I'm sure if I just order a dJ2 dial and get it in hand I'll figure it out well as I go.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
mumk Gen rolex diamonds are so cool. - I'd love to see you get a diamond dial in your VSF franken ;o) I just filmed a video short of the tiny gen rolex diamonds on the dial I'm wearing under the lighting at home. Seeing the diamond blinding me in a flash of vivid red, then it's electric blue, then turns bright green etc is something I've never known about before having a rolex dial with diamonds (serti dial for 16613 here.) I enjoy them so darn much.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
DJ2 had a thicker case, thicker marker with an overall beefier look than DJ41.

Sometimes the TDs mix the two models up in their description thats why some might get confused.

I believe DJ2 has been discontiued since a few years back.

DJ2 to the right. DJ41 to the left.

49ff25346519f70add982d5fdda062bc.jpg

How about the bezel? Are they the same?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So ---- for you guys who have bought DJ2 dials, how will you affix them to the 3235 movement please?
Some gentle modding to the dj2 dial or adding dial dots do you think to secure it after mods?
- Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm interested in understanding the difference at the back of the dial. But I'm sure if I just order a dJ2 dial and get it in hand I'll figure it out well as I go.

The rep VSF DJ41 dials are like the gen DJ41 dials in that there are no dial feet, but there is a non-continious rim on the underside at the edge. This rim hugs the movement with a friction fit and tabs protruding from the movement prevent the dial from rotating in either direction.

Pics are borrowed from other threads
Zpy0cc.jpg

So to use a previous generation dial on the VS3235, you could use dial dots. I've always hated those things, dials can shift laterally which risks paint scraping on the dial edges against the rehaut. This could occur while pulling or pushing the stem. Dial dots are also a PITA when you need to remove the dial for whatever reason as they are super sticky.

The other option would be to drill two holes in the date plate to accommodate the dial feet of the replacement dial. It's possible the dial feet on the replacement dial can't go on the VS3235 in the same place due to other parts of the VSF movement being in the way. So two holes could be drilled anywhere it's clear, and the DJ2 dial feet clipped and moved (new feet glued on)

However, here comes the real potential rub. I can't speak firsthand about the rep DJ41 dial face, but the rep VSF 126610 dials have a stairstep edge to them (probably like the gen), and the case is cut with a stairstep dial seat to fit the exact dial contour. I had never seen a dial like this before, with the stairstep face edge, and the non-continuous rim underneath, it's a much more elaborate construction than a flat plate dial.

ZXALEQ.jpg

ZXAArS.jpg

So, if planning to use a flat plate dial, two things have to work

1. The replacement dial has to fit completely within the very narrow bottom step of the case's stairstep dial seat or there would be a gap between the dial and the rehaut

2. The dial can't have more extra space outside the minute tics than the very narrow width of that bottom step of the stairstep dial seat or you will have displaced (floating) minute tics.

Basically for the Sub, a replacement dial would need to be the same size, and have the same minute tic placement as what's on the upper flat level only of the Sub dial pictured above. A dial could be shaved to those specs but there is precious little room for error.

I had toyed around with the notion of making a 126610 Hulk until I saw the 3235 Sub dial construction and the case grooves. Combined with the dial mounting issues to the movement, it's just not worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe

Quick pic I took yesterday, more later on. Gen on jubilee.

Thanks!
Imo the vsf lugs direct tells you it's rep. Maybe because of the oyster bracelet the lugs look even more rounded. dial has the same blue color, but the gen has more color variation blue to dark/black. For 468 bugs the vsf blue dial on jubilee would be hell of a deal.

Reactions: Rel