• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Got my qc from Li and thought I do some comparison with arf and gen although it won't be a fair comparison for dial color due to different lighting and angle but at least we can compare some key components like bezel, dw, cyclop, crown, and lug, etc....

ZtCPCS.jpg

bezel - I like em both for different reason...gonna hold off on this until i actually see vsf in person.
dw - VSF wins for sure
cyclop - VSF wins
crown - ARF wins as VSF's crown is bit too tall.
lug - ARF wins

Just like any reps from any factories, ARF and VSF both have their pros & cons. Its really up to what your preferences are IMO.

I'll do some side by side shots with my arf once i receive the vsf.

cheers

Edit: dw & crystal on arf is gen. FYI

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Can someone try to picture blue dial like this on direct sunlight? Can it get this mettalic sunburst hue on sunlight?

Reactions: Tete and Razorig2

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Glad that we can talk like normal people,im not here to compete with you lol just want that watch to be as close to gen as possible,also the lugs
thanks for video and yes that is the sunburst we need amazing

All good mate, i have no hard feelings for no one in this forum. I'm merely here to talk about watches lol nothing is that deep. Going back to the video, dial looks really good, hopefully we can see a comparison against gen soon.
​​​​​​

Bobi01

2/2/19
All good mate, i have no hard feelings for no one in this forum. I'm merely here to talk about watches lol nothing is that deep. Going back to the video, dial looks really good, hopefully we can see a comparison against gen soon.
​​​​​​

Yeah i think rep is slightly more harsh and gen is smoother but i hope that is visible only under the studio lights and on wrist less noticable
this is under sunlight gen vs vsf

Reactions: Tete

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Jayalvin777 Great shots! What's your opinion on the bezel plating?

Thanks dude, want to do some macro shots but haven't shot products in a minute and your macros shots can't be top lol big props. As for the bezel it looks really good in my opinion, bezel like a disco ball on how reflects light and its sharp but its to capture that on photos. I don't have an arf no mlre but in my opinion the bezel shape seems a tad more refine, as for the color looks same to me but maybe i dont have such a trained eye for datejusts.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thanks dude, want to do some macro shots but haven't shot products in a minute and your macros shots can't be top lol big props. As for the bezel it looks really good in my opinion, bezel like a disco ball on how reflects light and its sharp but its to capture that on photos. I don't have an arf no mlre but in my opinion the bezel shape seems a tad more refine, as for the color looks same to me but maybe i dont have such a trained eye for datejusts.

How is jubilee compared to oyster? I took oyster instead of jubilee

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
How is jubilee compared to oyster? I took oyster instead of jubilee

Both bracelets wear amazing, really gen like feeling on both. Although to be honest with you i like mlre the jubilee because its lighter and i normally wear daily heavy watches such as the omega Worldtimer or a sub.

Gen 126334 on jubilee weight 134 grams with all links​​​​​​.

Vsf 126334 on jubilee weights 127.6 grams with all links.

Vsf 126334 on oyster weights 133.8 grams.

Gen 126334 on oyster weights 143 grams.

Vsf sub weights 156 grams

The gold on the flutted bezel makes the difference in weight but leaving that aside i think vsf nailed the weight.
​​​​​

Reactions: Snil

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thanks for the info,honestly i like both jubilee and oyster but as i had arf on jubilee i want more solid oyster bracelet this time,arf had incorect shape and recess SELs but vrf made it well and correct

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Just got mine. This is bonkers. I have a Gen DJ 36 Rhodium Sunray Dial smooth bezel with a full / hidden Jubilee bracelet and clasp and the VSF is impressively not too far off. Jubilee is by far the most comfortable bracelet to wear and this just further proves that point.

Rehaut is on point and lined up.

Movement winds nice and smooth.

Bezel is nice and sharp and catches light nicely.

They did great with the dial and sunray effect.

This is a great piece for under $500.

4e47a7e38c7c6550ce56477ff4de9b3b.jpg

224ea31911b7a29b8bfac38e399ae83e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nasar73

26/8/18
Fully disagree on this one, the ARF crown on my Datejust is both poorly finished and doesn't have a shape as good as my VSF DJ41. First picture is gen, below ARF (left side, blue dial) and VSF. This one clearly goes to VSF.

ZtdGxt.jpg

Ztd0W2.jpg

Hi Guys,

Do you know if a Gen crown for a DJ41 will fit on a VSF DJ41?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Bobi01

2/2/19
Just got mine. This is bonkers. I have a Gen DJ 36 Rhodium Sunray Dial smooth bezel with a full / hidden Jubilee bracelet and clasp and the VSF is impressively not too far off. Jubilee is by far the most comfortable bracelet to wear and this just further proves that point.

Rehaut is on point and lined up.

Movement winds nice and smooth.

Bezel is nice and sharp and catches light nicely.

They did great with the dial and sunray effect.

This is a great piece for under $500.

4e47a7e38c7c6550ce56477ff4de9b3b.jpg

224ea31911b7a29b8bfac38e399ae83e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very nice,dark blue in lower light and almost purple hue and changing color on sunlight to mettalic color,gen have same spec

Reactions: Tete

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Fully disagree on this one, the ARF crown on my Datejust is both poorly finished and doesn't have a shape as good as my VSF DJ41. First picture is gen, below ARF (left side, blue dial) and VSF. This one clearly goes to VSF.

And I have to fully disagree on your full disagreement for now! LOL ;)

They both don't look correct but if i have to pick one, it would still be ARF.....for now

But then again, I don't have the VSF in my hands yet so I will have to wait and see....

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
And I have to fully disagree on your full disagreement for now! LOL ;)

They both don't look correct but if i have to pick one, it would still be ARF.....for now

But then again, I don't have the VSF in my hands yet so I will have to wait and see....

You don't need the VSF to see that ARF's crown is far off and feels rough/unfinished. Did you even care to look at the pictures?

Last edited: