• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
Can we go back to talk about the dials that are available its like the 20th time someome asks about the Wimbledon. It is not available and wont be for at least 3 months.

Sure we can.

I have an incoming in random color. I ordered from my TD and said send whatever was in stock because I will be modding.

I will review what I get before I send it off. Especially as my Gen Xtal is delayed.

wildhunter84

30/9/20
Sure we can.

I have an incoming in random color. I ordered from my TD and said send whatever was in stock because I will be modding.

I will review what I get before I send it off. Especially as my Gen Xtal is delayed.

No QC? surprise order?

Ecy

24/7/19
No QC? surprise order?

No QC.

I ordered from BKLM. I dont recall getting QC from him in the past as he sells a limited range and fixes issues before he ships. In this case I went off catalog as I like to use him for Rolex purchases and he is stateside and I need the watch to Mod. If something goes wrong getting the watch stateside I trust him to figure it out - even if it costs more.

It literally was me requesting if he could get a specific watch, me confirming I dont need mods done to dial or crystal, and confirming I wanted Oyster Bracelet.

If I were a betting man I would guess I would get black because that is the picture I sent to confirm the watch. But I did specify "any color in stock".

We shall see. I kind of like the fact I dont know. But I hope it arrives before Chinese New Year.

McPwn

21/9/20
What makes a bracelet feel cheap? If it's made out of steel and the same dimensions as gen it seems like the weight would be the same and may be difficult to even detect a difference from gen. Maybe the clasp might be a little loose? But that happens on gens too from time to time

Gen feels smooth to the touch.. when it feels cheap it could be that the edges of the links are very sharp which you can feel while wearing it. Polishing the link edges would probably help.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Gen feels smooth to the touch.. when it feels cheap it could be that the edges of the links are very sharp which you can feel while wearing it. Polishing the link edges would probably help.

This is exactly how the bracelet feels. Smooth and no sharp edges but people in here think that is a bracelet is not heavy as a rock then it has a cheap feeling. I have 4 vsf bracelet and they are super with a gen like feeling.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Just received my VSF DJ41 w/ grey dial. Looks great so far, I'll post a review and better pictures once I have more time.

ZriqpQ.jpg

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Looks good. DW looks nice and centered too. Bring on the Jubilee bracelet.

I have a blue ARF on Jubilee and wanted an Oyster Datejust in addition. I can already say that the crystal isn't bad, but halo effect isn't as strong as gen.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I have a blue ARF on Jubilee and wanted an Oyster Datejust in addition. I can already say that the crystal isn't bad, but halo effect isn't as strong as gen.

Your opinion of quality made between arf and vsf
and congrats for you new datejust you got nice example with tight sels,gapless

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Your opinion of quality made between arf and vsf
The feel is really close, hard to tell a difference at first glance. VSF crown is finished better, the fluted bezel indeed looks a tad more white than ARF's bezel. Bracelets are both great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This is exactly how the bracelet feels. Smooth and no sharp edges but people in here think that is a bracelet is not heavy as a rock then it has a cheap feeling. I have 4 vsf bracelet and they are super with a gen like feeling.

Exactly. Take a 16610 for example, how soft and supple those genuine 93250's feel.. yet the links are hollow and the clasp so much less substantial than today's. Cheap feel mostly comes down to the finish. I have also seen clasps that are thinner (less metal) than gen giving them a light feel which doesn't help.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
No QC.

I ordered from BKLM. I dont recall getting QC from him in the past as he sells a limited range and fixes issues before he ships. In this case I went off catalog as I like to use him for Rolex purchases and he is stateside and I need the watch to Mod. If something goes wrong getting the watch stateside I trust him to figure it out - even if it costs more.

It literally was me requesting if he could get a specific watch, me confirming I dont need mods done to dial or crystal, and confirming I wanted Oyster Bracelet.

If I were a betting man I would guess I would get black because that is the picture I sent to confirm the watch. But I did specify "any color in stock".

We shall see. I kind of like the fact I dont know. But I hope it arrives before Chinese New Year.

I think it is interesting that you get a watch that you plan to mod through BK.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Just received my VSF DJ41 w/ grey dial. Looks great so far, I'll post a review and better pictures once I have more time.

ZriqpQ.jpg

that dial just looks so brown. I know it is not gen. I’d really like to learn more about what it takes to make a sunburst dial so I can understand why and what is so difficult to replicate on this color. It’s not terrible I’m just trying to figure it out.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
The feel is really close, hard to tell a difference at first glance. VSF crown is finished better, the fluted bezel indeed looks a tad more white than ARF's bezel. Bracelets are both great.

What do you think is that “tad white” easy to spot next to gen?
also is the winding and setting time more smooth and more solid than arf?

mistermagoo

9/8/17
that dial just looks so brown. I know it is not gen. I’d really like to learn more about what it takes to make a sunburst dial so I can understand why and what is so difficult to replicate on this color. It’s not terrible I’m just trying to figure it out.

I'm not seeing any Brown in that dial at all to be honest.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
What do you think is that “tad white” easy to spot next to gen?
also is the winding and setting time more smooth and more solid than arf?

I'd say the it's purely academic, the difference between VSF and ARF is already quite hard to spot due to all the reflections of the fluted bezel.

Last edited: