• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
As much as we want and hyped about that 3235 clone i heard from many watchmakers that 3235 even gen movements is very weird,that few parts is a must for change when servicing,the problem is also that rolex dont selling their new parts for 3235 and 3285 and it will be very hard to change to gen parts... i believe that this is best cloned movements from vsf but it looks like we can wear it until it dies and buy new after haha

To my surprise There’s actually 3235 parts all over eBay even a gen balance for $250
Full auto winding mechs as well.
The 3235 takes away from the watchmaker what the 3135 provided... a challenge.
3235 seems to be designed with more throw away parts than refurbishable parts. Assuming Rolex are trying to Decrease repair/service times and with this turning the Rolex watchmaker into more of a parts fitter than an actual watchsmith LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Rolex wants to reduce the service incomes? Uhm

Decreasing in house labour cost but still charge the customer the same amount for a service. The service isn’t charged by the hour but at unit cost. So if a service tech can swap parts out and complete more services in a shorter time frame means more money for Rolex and customers may not have to wait months for their watch to return... with the millions of watch they produce every year they need to increase efficiency in the service area.

Last edited:

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
i will update once ive received it in hand but in my experience the person i use his videos always come out crap so fingers crossed bad camera

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Hope it doesn't look like the video, that would be absolutely trash. On the photos look good imo, im still waiting for my qc pics but if i see pictures around will share them

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Not good,too purple,needs to be more mettalic and less saturated,imo even arf is better,still i think best choice is to take black one

Reactions: Tete

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Decreasing in house labour cost but still charge the customer the same amount for a service. The service isn’t charged by the hour but at unit cost. So if a service tech can swap parts out and complete more services in a shorter time frame means more money for Rolex and customers may not have to wait months for their watch to return... with the millions of watch they produce every year they need to increase efficiency in the service area.
Exactly what Breitling did with the B01. Significantly easier/quicker to service and more robust in daily use. Win-win, I'd say.

Eseips

5/4/16
i will update once ive received it in hand but in my experience the person i use his videos always come out crap so fingers crossed bad camera

The whole video has a blueish tint, look at the background and his fingers... even there you can see blue/purple flashes every now and then. I wouldn´t be too concerned, I hope it´s just the camera quality and am inclined to trust VSF´s quality streak they put out so far... would love to see that I am right but we should see a lot more pics/vids in the next days i guess...

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Reactions: tdk1010 and torch77

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
yes, those are vsf datejust

vid is here, left is gen, mid is vsf, right is arf, from this vid, i do think the color is a bit better than arf, but i still think there is a minor difference with gen but not gonna be noticeable because lighting will reflect differently on your wrist

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA0ODczOTAzMg==.html?spm=a2hzp.8244740.0.0

Nice comparison finaly
neither rep dial is good and this is big no for me,gen is so much smooth it is very different,best choice imo is black where sunburst is very light

Reactions: Tete

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Nice comparison finaly
neither rep dial is good and this is big no for me,gen is so much smooth it is very different,best choice imo is black where sunburst is very light

Thats subjective, we all know gen is gen but the vsf dial looks good and imo its a bit of improvement over the arf. If you don't like the rep dials then get a gen dial. I think it looks good enough to not spend 900€ for a gen dial lol its the same thing as with the hulk, a flawed king but still good enough.

Last edited:

Apexelite

Horology Curious
26/12/20
I just ordered the blue dial, praying that when the qc comes its not purple ????????????????