• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Hey thanks for the detailed pics and the knowledge sharing. Subtle for sure and I’m glad that at least the crystal is the same as any cyclops distortion was a deal breaker for me on the Z66 case. Also interested to know more about any differences on the power reserve that you also mentioned. As stated I’m getting @ 67+ hours on mine now but am unsure on what a full wind actually feels like. I just stop after I feel the resistance build.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
67hrs is the updated movement m, the earlier ones were 40-45 ish.

So, you (like many others) have a model with mixed and matched parts. CF did the same thing with hands and crystals and bezels. Some are all v2, some are v2 hands but v1 bezel, etc.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
67hrs is the updated movement m, the earlier ones were 40-45 ish.

So, you (like many others) have a model with mixed and matched parts. CF did the same thing with hands and crystals and bezels. Some are all v2, some are v2 hands but v1 bezel, etc.
LOL...... story of my life - mixed and matched. :p
Looks like they assembled all the new upgraded parts ( crystal, bracelet, movement ) into the final batch of the Z66 cases. At least the TD had the decency to charge me 70 USD less for this Z66 cased model.

Initially I had ordered the smooth bezel DJ41 but it wasn't available - VSF still churning them out. Couldnt be bothered waiting and the fluted bezel model was available and much cheaper, but at the time I had no idea on the Z66 and Z80 case differences and had no idea what i was getting. Luckily i ended up with a decent compromise and have the upgraded crystal, movement and latest K6G Jubilee bracelet....

Anyone want to sell me their Z80 serial no case and bezel ... LOL.........

Reactions: LuBu

LuBu

Horology Curious
9/1/23
USA
Has the z80 VSF DJ41 lugs been fixed to be more gen like? Stuck between a Clean V2 and a VSF but read alot about how the VSF lugs were off. Have they been improved enough too no longer really make that an issue anymore? Is the lugs as good as Cleans now? Thanks for the helps guys

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Has the z80 VSF DJ41 lugs been fixed to be more gen like? Stuck between a Clean V2 and a VSF but read alot about how the VSF lugs were off. Have they been improved enough too no longer really make that an issue anymore? Is the lugs as good as Cleans now? Thanks for the helps guys
@Seadwellermike has provided excellent detailed pics of the difference between the VSF cases above. Have a look.
On my Z66 example. the lugs are not exactly blunt but they aren't exactly sharp either. To be honest, youd be hard pressed to notice any difference on the wrist.

LuBu

Horology Curious
9/1/23
USA
@Seadwellermike has provided excellent detailed pics of the difference between the VSF cases above. Have a look.
On my Z66 example. the lugs are not exactly blunt but they aren't exactly sharp either. To be honest, youd be hard pressed to notice any difference on the wrist.
Yeah I saw those it does look sharper, are they as good as cleans now in your opinion? Thanks for the quick response man, been doing alot of research but it is overwhelming at times.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Yeah I saw those it does look sharper, are they as good as cleans now in your opinion? Thanks for the quick response man, been doing alot of research but it is overwhelming at times.
What we do know for sure is that the Z80 case is different to the Z66 VSF case as pictured. Unless someone can do the same comparison with the Z80 and Ckean V2 case, then its impossible to say if the VSF case is actually better or worse than Clean or better or worse than GEN. Sorry for the generic answer but without a detailed comparison you'll need to make a best case judgement and base it on all the other factors as well. VS v VR movement and dial colour accuracy as well. I know that VSF now use the ARF bracelet which is good and the VS movement seems to be holding up well in most instances - with the obvious current issue of the winding being something to consider on the VS movement.

End of the day, they are all "cheap" reps and they will undoubtedly have issues somewhere.....

LuBu

Horology Curious
9/1/23
USA
What we do know for sure is that the Z80 case is different to the Z66 VSF case as pictured. Unless someone can do the same comparison with the Z80 and Ckean V2 case, then its impossible to say if the VSF case is actually better or worse than Clean or better or worse than GEN. Sorry for the generic answer but without a detailed comparison you'll need to make a best case judgement and base it on all the other factors as well. VS v VR movement and dial colour accuracy as well. I know that VSF now use the ARF bracelet which is good and the VS movement seems to be holding up well in most instances - with the obvious current issue of the winding being something to consider on the VS movement.

End of the day, they are all "cheap" reps and they will undoubtedly have issues somewhere.....
Gotcha I'll be following this thread more in the future too see more comparisons down the road. I appreciate the quick responses. Thank you for your time

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

I could have done this exact comparison if I’d have known. Although, if you see my “opinionated review” of the King Factory vs VSF vs CFv2 images I posted not too long ago, you’ll see some.

Could have done the stand alone comparo until Saturday when I sold the Z80 case. I still have the CFv2 (on my wrist) and the Z66 case in hand.

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
I’m certain that the Z66 is a recent batch as well, very smooth bracelet (improved with use and soap with water) and non distortion crystal with a lot of clarity and a nice blackhole effect as per GEN.

Overall it’s a very good rep, top notch of what China can offer in term of accurate watch replication. Buy with confidence for any dial variation.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I’m certain that the Z66 is a recent batch as well, very smooth bracelet (improved with use and soap with water) and non distortion crystal with a lot of clarity and a nice blackhole effect as per GEN.

Overall it’s a very good rep, top notch of what China can offer in term of accurate watch replication. Buy with confidence for any dial variation.
Z66 is a hybrid
Old gen case fitted with the newer crystal / dial / VS movement and new ARF bracelet. I’m sure VSF just kept using these cases until they ran out and the started assembling with the newer Z80 case.

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
Thanks for the pic Mike nonetheless I don’t notice any improvement on the Z80 case, it’s all random mix and match from factory. The only thing one needs to pay attention for is QC.

Just make sure index alignment is fine, SELs gap, correct timegrapher (even if we all know that it’s not really reliable) and check that the crystal doesn’t have the weird distortion when viewed from angle. If all those marks are ticked you’re good to enjoy an incredible watch and a bargain for 500$ compared to western prices and ratio to quality in brands like Orient / Tissot.