• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aplex View Post

Is this issue fixed? Fat crown.
    I am curious too

Comment

I will tell you guys this. I literally own a Gen Datejust 41 Blue and I was sweating trying to correctly determine which one was rep and which one was gen in the comparison pics in the thread. Mind you the quality of the photos didn't help because I couldn't directly compare the print with my watch in hand so that was making things harder. Still the biggest tell I could see immediately was the blue on the dial. The rep shined brighter than my gen. The gen tends to stay dark in most light unless it sees direct sunlight and in certain light conditions come across with purplish tint to the blue rather than the electric blue of the rep. Still astonishing job on part of the rep makers from afar.

Also without a doubt there is gonna be a difference in the feel of the watch to the touch. Its going to be outrageously difficult for any rep bracelet to feel as good as a rolex jubilee because its feels like wearing something smooth as silk when you wear the gen. I've tried on the new rep bracelets (my friend has the rhodium dial version) and from afar I couldn't tell the difference but the moment I touched the bracelet clasp and felt it on the wrist I could tell. Without the personal in-hand gen experience however (and the fact that the gen is my daily) I doubt I would have been able to tell (unless the bracelet has weird hot spots of some sort.)
      Last edited by DoctorDark; 21-03-21, 21:19.

Comment

I have a question, does the smooth bezel version come standard with the jubilee bracelet from Rolex? I thought the oyster bracelet was only available on the smooth bezel? Maybe I'm mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorDark View Post
          I will tell you guys this. I literally own a Gen Datejust 41 Blue and I was sweating trying to correctly determine which one was rep and which one was gen in the comparison pics in the thread. Mind you the quality of the photos didn't help because I couldn't directly compare the print with my watch in hand so that was making things harder. Still the biggest tell I could see immediately was the blue on the dial. The rep shined brighter than my gen. The gen tends to stay dark in most light unless it sees direct sunlight and in certain light conditions come across with purplish tint to the blue rather than the electric blue of the rep. Still astonishing job on part of the rep makers from afar.

Also without a doubt there is gonna be a difference in the feel of the watch to the touch. Its going to be outrageously difficult for any rep bracelet to feel as good as a rolex jubilee because its feels like wearing something smooth as silk when you wear the gen. I've tried on the new rep bracelets (my friend has the rhodium dial version) and from afar I couldn't tell the difference but the moment I touched the bracelet clasp and felt it on the wrist I could tell. Without the personal in-hand gen experience however (and the fact that the gen is my daily) I doubt I would have been able to tell (unless the bracelet has weird hot spots of some sort.)
          Really happy to have buy replica now ( we have come very close to perfection (at least 20 times lower price)

Comment

Originally posted by Just4Peep View Post
            I have a question, does the smooth bezel version come standard with the jubilee bracelet from Rolex? I thought the oyster bracelet was only available on the smooth bezel? Maybe I'm mistaken?
            It's more common to combine smooth with oyster and fluted with jubilee but it's not a rule. Not in the rep world or in the real world

Just watch some Google pics or Youtube vids and you will see different combos

Last edited by Akilles; 22-03-21, 06:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Just4Peep View Post
              No there is no limitations to the combinations. However its more popular to go with the smooth bezel - oyster bracelet combination for a more sporty look and the fluted bezel - jubilee bracelet for the more dressy look.
              Last edited by DoctorDark; 22-03-21, 06:49.

Comment

Which dial you guys think is closest to gen? Is Rhodium or blue quite of? Reading mixed opinions here.

Last edited by Mo1pheu5; 22-03-21, 18:09.

Comment

My VSF has arrived. I'm overall pleased. Mostly with dial color, DW/crystal and movement feeling (compared to A2824, as my old ARF had).

But there are some unexpected drawbacks with this praised model as well that haven't been mentioned here (I think). Will come back with more info soon. First, some pics. No outdoor pics as it was dark when it arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Akilles View Post
                    That Dead Centered DW gives me an orgasm.

Comment

Also check those sels,zero gap
                      amazing example bro wear it in good health

Comment

My VSF has arrived. I'm overall pleased. Mostly with dial color, DW/crystal and movement feeling (compared to A2824, as my old ARF had).

But there are some unexpected drawbacks with this praised model as well that haven't been mentioned here (I think). Will come back with more info soon. First, some pics. No outdoor pics as it was dark when it arrived.

Nice one, wear in good health, would be curious about your feedback.
                        Movement (power reserve), time keeping accuracy and winding feels smooth but only time will tell (Not sure if it will match ETA 2824 long term reliability)
                        Last edited by srhoque; 22-03-21, 19:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi01 View Post
                          Also check those sels,zero gap
                          amazing example bro wear it in good health
                          Well, that's the only good thing about this bracelet
                          The clasp feels stiff and insecure everytime i close it (I am still too used to my ARF)

Comment

[url=https://clickpix.org/image/Z4g7X1]
                            Thanks for sharing your pics!!!
                            The winding crown is still too fat?

Comment

So. For me the bracelet, fluted bezel, clasp feels fine. Dont have my ARF anymore so cant compare side by side. Bracelet was a bit squeeky but I remember the ARF was as well but now it's lubed and feels fine. Two issues concerns me...

1. Under all the markers on the dial there is i small dent/indentation when a direct light hits. I mean on ALL markers so it's consistent. Will do my best to show a few pics. I haven't heard anyone mention this. Not on ARF or gen for that matter.

2. The easylink extension on my ARF was a bit stiff compared to the gen I tried at AD. But the VSF easylink is so stiff so it actually feels like it will break when I use it. I must sandpaper it or something because it hardly cant be used as it is now, for real.

Other than this Im very happy. But the "1" comment caught me with surprise I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post

Well, that's the only good thing about this bracelet
                                The clasp feels stiff and insecure everytime i close it (I am still too used to my ARF)
                                Ill try it,if i dont like it i will order arf clasp

Comment

Working...
                                X