• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

exia78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/14
I have a Ginault ORII which is a very well made and finished watch and the VSF is right on par with that at just about 1/3rd the price.
I have even compared the fit and finish to my newly purchased gen SMP 300 and it is even holds its own in comparison. Not quite to that level but considering the price difference it fairs very well. I'm still in awe every time I put on my VSF, most well made rep ive owned to date for sure.

I own the OR2 as well, at a glance Gianult and VSF might be very comparble but imo Ginault's production ability is still a few clicks above. Although Ginault is no longer aiming for an exact 1:1 replication of the 5-digit Sub, if you know what to look for, the subtle things on the OR2 still blows all the reps away. For example, the rehaul angle and depth, the clean, crisp, and sharp engraving on the ceramic insert, date wheel fonts and crisp printing, that amazing Cyclops crystal without the blue AR tint (dead give away) CG shaping and tilt, crown stem centering and alignment, dial print quality (not considering the font) and Ginault's ability to make those amazing hands and indices almost 1:1 to gen, honestly is just a pleasure to look at.

SQUALO

Renowned Member
12/7/19
EU
611718793d32d6a7d79f24feebbd67a2.jpg

Vsf with gen xtal
What do you think about dw and hands ?

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
are we still doing the thing of claiming the VSF cyclops tint is a tell when multiple gen comparisons have shown they’re almost identical in tint?

Yeah, I was gonna pick him up on that too. But to be honest I'd only be repeating myself for about the 4th time in the same thread. A number of close up pictures of both the VSF and genuine cyclops taken in the same light are on page2 of this thread. They both have a near identical blue tint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah and stufuse

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
Yeah, I was gonna pick him up on that too. But to be honest I'd only be repeating myself for about the 4th time in the same thread. A number of close up pictures of both the VSF and genuine cyclops taken in the same light are on page2 of this thread. They both have a near identical blue tint.

Yep,
fully agree, this is NOT a tell. The bluish tint is there on the gens.
This is apparent in my pics below.
The blue tint looks different on a camera, but is difficult to differentiate in real life.....

Zrqevb.jpg

ZrqUzp.jpg

ZrqWY5.jpg

Reactions: Tete

Byrnedogs1

12/12/18
Yep,
fully agree, this is NOT a tell. The bluish tint is there on the gens.
This is apparent in my pics below.
The blue tint looks different on a camera, but is difficult to differentiate in real life.....

Zrqevb.jpg

ZrqUzp.jpg

ZrqWY5.jpg

Agreed. You just have to look at gen 116610’s on Chrono24 and the vast majority have a very obvious blue tint in one photo or another

brianmouse

Horology Curious
15/8/11
I just had by pics through, I requested the updated rehaut, I don't think this is the updated rehaut? Could anyone confirm?

Cheers!

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I just had by pics through, I requested the updated rehaut, I don't think this is the updated rehaut? Could anyone confirm?

Cheers!

Why request something that you can’t even tell if it’s even updated or not?

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus

Cheers!

Looks good. Looks like you might have gotten from the batch that fixed the top R but the R and the O at 3 o’clock got off a bit.
I would gl it if was me.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
No, that's fine. The DW came off the same machine that printed the rest, its fits in the same place on every watch, there is no left or right play it's nice and snug under the dial. Really no need to do anything with the date wheel on this watch, see cyclops close ups on page 2..

Thinh911

13/2/18
I got my 2nd vsf today and compared it with the vsf i bought in December:

The rehaut is better on the 2nd one.
Thinner looking hands as well.
DW is thinner and very similar to my gen DW
Same crystal.

Draw back:
The bracelet on this 2nd batch is sharper! I can clearly see that the edges doesn’t have the same bevel polished.
The 2 pieces that help the glidelock slide up and down are black this time, not metal color like my first vsf.
Crown screw on this 2nd vsf is not as smooth as my 1st one.