• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to be honest i think the lume is quite similar i mean i dont really care much about light if there is shades difference it should be ok i guess atleast the hour hand will look good

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Probs the best rep i have had but instead of messing about with it im going to sell it haha actually going to sell all my watches 2 subs and datejust ... i bought these all on credit card and fell in the hype so instead spending money on changing the hour hand which is not an issue will sell.... but to people asking about quality its a quality watch i was skeptical ill be honest i even kicked off with jayalvin but he was right its a great rep

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Z8OWmj.jpg
Z8O5c1.jpg
Z8OaC4.jpg

Gen insert top
vsf insert bottom

Last edited:
Reactions: GG2019 and sukwonee

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Is it coming to you repaired? It has good hands and date wheel, there's not much left to bother about. You could install genuine hands but I don't see anywhere else to go there outside of gen bezel and dial (good luck with that, see my signature). I'd add some lube to the crown/tube and just enjoy it, these are tremendously good out the box.

Reactions: Kevstah

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Ask the seller to send the broken hytrel Ring with the watch if he still has it. You can try to cut the broken part out and fit the rest into the bezel groove, usually it holds like that, at least it should hold until the new hytrel arrives.

Reactions: stufuse

hyperions

Known Member
29/4/13
Ask the seller to send the broken hytrel Ring with the watch if he still has it. You can try to cut the broken part out and fit the rest into the bezel groove, usually it holds like that, at least it should hold until the new hytrel arrives.

Hi, he is sending the original hytrel so no issues there and the replacement will follow also :)

i will post updates when received and show progress.

Reactions: BiH855

hyperions

Known Member
29/4/13
Is it coming to you repaired? It has good hands and date wheel, there's not much left to bother about. You could install genuine hands but I don't see anywhere else to go there outside of gen bezel and dial (good luck with that, see my signature). I'd add some lube to the crown/tube and just enjoy it, these are tremendously good out the box.

ill take a look at the bezel and dial, going off t his comment however im guessing thats a fun adventure to go on.

they do look like they are good out of the box, to answer the repaired part no it will come as per the sale, im comfortable fitting new gasket and refiting bezel, as well as doing other mods so no issue there for me. interesting how my tasts have changed iv gone from full panerai sets to now this. no doubt gens will follow for the roly as well, thanks for the replys.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
The rehaut is still my biggest doubt concerning VSF. I saw some pics in RWI where the crown is not aligned, although the most recent ones (like the ones posted by Mark1937) looks pretty good.

Asking for it to some TD, all of them told me that they are not aware about any "silent" update made by VSF on its own 16xxx. So it seems random. Is it?
Even on a gen, the crown is only aligned till the first time you wind it and tighten the crown. Whenever I've seen an aligned crown, it never lasts longer than a day because it always ends up losing the coordination between winding and tightening the crown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

guybythelake

13/7/14
Unless I missed it there’s no 116720 on the Superclone register post, so I’m assuming none are up to par yet. I’m hoping VSF bang one out too and put Noob in their place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say ARF is very good for a 116710 LN. I had Noob and ARF next to each other and Noob looked like a joke.

Only issue with ARF is the lume on the marker a bit too white and sometimes datewheel front is fat. This is not noticeable unless next to gen under certain light. And of course the movement a bit shaky. But with a movement swap to VR, it is very very good.

in past couple years new companies kicking butt. Noob is erased from GMT consideration by ARF, ARF also a strong contender for Daytona, and noob subs suck compared to what is out today. and ZZF came in strong and now this VSF... and ZF is out with a subs.

I think the demand and market is growing for very high quality reps just as gens and there is war between these rep Factories. It is only going to get better. And some may barely survive it.

Reactions: shedlock2000

LowKeyNovice

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/20
modernclassic just stopping by to say this thread convinced me to buy one, and i'm glad it did. After a week on the wrist I thought I'd throw on my 3k aquanaut for a weight-savings switcheroo. Had to take it off because it felt so cheap/fake. This VSF watch feels quality, regardless of the logo printed on the dial. I have been comparing it (in terms of quality) against my gen aqua terra, and have decided to sell the gen to fund more vsf reps. It's that comparable.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
modernclassic just stopping by to say this thread convinced me to buy one, and i'm glad it did. After a week on the wrist I thought I'd throw on my 3k aquanaut for a weight-savings switcheroo. Had to take it off because it felt so cheap/fake. This VSF watch feels quality, regardless of the logo printed on the dial. I have been comparing it (in terms of quality) against my gen aqua terra, and have decided to sell the gen to fund more vsf reps. It's that comparable.

Haha I was debating on getting a 3k aquanaut but if you're saying it feels cheap in comparison then...

But yes vsf raised the bar. I love my arf yacht master but it definitely doesn't feel as nice to wear anymore thanks to my vsf. The typical soft arf lugs and non recessed end links on my ym feels cheap compared to my vsf Sub. And it would have been worse if I didn't have Tomrep plate the insert with platinum. Here's hoping vsf does a platinum yacht master soon.

Last edited:

LowKeyNovice

29/7/20
Haha I was debating on getting a 3k aquanaut but if you're saying it feels cheap in comparison then...

But yes vsf raised the bar. I love my arf yacht master but it definitely doesn't feel as nice to wear anymore thanks to my vsf. The typical soft arf lugs and non recessed end links on my ym feels cheap compared to my vsf Sub. And it would have been worse if I didn't have Tomrep plate the insert with platinum. Here's hoping vsf does a platinum yacht master soon.

I'd like them to do the GMT or 36mm DJ first, but i'd probably buy anything they put out at this point. Only reason i don't have their 42mm YM is due to my skinny wrists.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'd like them to do the GMT or 36mm DJ first, but i'd probably buy anything they put out at this point. Only reason i don't have their 42mm YM is due to my skinny wrists.

I asked two TDs and they both said they're making the GMTs and might be out in six months. Definitely looking forward to their Pepsi. And yeah I'm not sure why of all yacht masters to make they chose what I am inclined to believe is the least popular one.

Reactions: Kevstah and leo6929

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks buddy, nice that you are pleased. I think many thought I was full of shit when I did my reviews.. but everyone who owns one now agrees the VSF is amazing.

I maintain that if you were to seek out a comparable quality built watch on the high street with a brand name on it, it’d cost well into four figures. There’s you with a $3k watch and VSF shits on it!

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

25/7/20
Thanks buddy, nice that you are pleased. I think many thought I was full of shit when I did my reviews.. but everyone who owns one now agrees the VSF is amazing.

I maintain that if you were to seek out a comparable quality built watch on the high street with a brand name on it, it’d cost well into four figures. There’s you with a $3k watch and VSF shits on it!

I have a Ginault ORII which is a very well made and finished watch and the VSF is right on par with that at just about 1/3rd the price.
I have even compared the fit and finish to my newly purchased gen SMP 300 and it is even holds its own in comparison. Not quite to that level but considering the price difference it fairs very well. I'm still in awe every time I put on my VSF, most well made rep ive owned to date for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah and stufuse