• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Those fat VSF Mercedes hands are so irritating to the eyes.

That coupled with the fact that they’re a shade too white compared to the hour markers.

Vsf with ZZF dial+hands would be my personal choice

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

what's interesting is, I cannot.... tell the shade difference in real life. There probably is a difference as you say but I really tried hard to look for it (under different lighting conditions) on my wrist and I couldn't lol. Even the "fat-ness" seems to vary depending on the light (looks thinner when not directly lit). I really wish I had access to a gen so I can just look side by side to confirm all this lol. Not that these variances bother me but more like I am curious to know what's accurate.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Oh sorry I didn't mean mine looks gen like at all times. It looks gen like in very certain lighting conditions. Otherwise it looks fat but as you can see from my explanation, it's hard to tell because the thickness of hour hand seems to vary depending on the lighting.

Last hulk I had ( 2 week ago) for a friend had the same fat hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sukwonee

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Oh sorry I didn't mean mine looks gen like at all times. It looks gen like in very certain lighting conditions. Otherwise it looks fat but as you can see from my explanation, it's hard to tell because the thickness of hour hand seems to vary depending on the lighting.

Last hulk I had ( 2 week ago) for a friend had the same fat hands

Reactions: sukwonee

forby94

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
New York City
trustytime Just arrived in the mail, only ordered late December between Christmas and new year, thanks to Andrew !
It looks and feels exactly like my gen, in fact, I’m wondering why one was so cheap!

The “R” issue looks great from most angles too......

This is another level from reps of old.

Z6u7LE.jpg

Z6uuS2.jpg

Z6uNE3.jpg

Z6uErn.jpg

Z6uFyY.jpg

Z6uf3s.jpg

Z6uG4D.jpg

Z6uSck.jpg

Z6uxCJ.jpg

Z6uceW.jpg

Z6ubmo.jpg

Z6uJSP.jpg

Jesus... Im still waiting on Lucy to reply to my emails... My watch better be able to grant me 3 wishes.

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY

Gotta say I’m blown away by the performance of this VS3135. OOTB it’s running within COSC specs; in fact, it hasn’t lost or gained a single second over the course of a full day. I’ve had top grade Swiss movements that didn’t perform like that. My hulk is running at -8 sec/day so I guess it’s luck of the draw, but even that’s not bad at all.

Reactions: LaraA

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
I was told I was ‘so full of shit my eyes were brown’ by others who don’t know what a gen watch is like. I’m glad you agree, VSF sub is exactly (or near enough!) like gen.

Only genuine watch owners could understand.

agree with you. have gen gmt 116xxxin safe in bank and tc v6 forgot in my desk since 5th december.
who knows if VS can do a better work with a v2 realese??? maybe a rehaut engraving correction and a better sels. but for the overall...the best ootb

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
who knows if VS can do a better work with a v2 realese??? maybe a rehaut engraving correction and a better sels. but for the overall...the best ootb

I'm sure they'll update it. For now though, the flaws are so minor they don't really take anything away from it (provided you get one with the good DW and hour hand).

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I was told I was ‘so full of shit my eyes were brown’ by others who don’t know what a gen watch is like. I’m glad you agree, VSF sub is exactly (or near enough!) like gen.

It comes down to eye for the details. Some see them and some don’t. Even when next to gen, that’s certainly my experience with fiends and my reps.

Vsf 116610 is very nice and with these improved hands and better DW for me now is the best otb

Reactions: Ecender

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

It comes down to eye for the details. Some see them and some don’t. Even when next to gen, that’s certainly my experience with fiends and my reps.

Vsf 116610 is very nice and with these improved hands and better DW for me now is the best otb

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I agree. Never thought I’d say this about any fake factory. But all VSF SS Date Subs are now the best OTB ever. Ever. Blows every single rep maker ever. Literally needs nothing.

Most people complaining about minuscule errors likely never had a gen long enough to realize that what they’re pointing out doesn’t even matter.

There are 1 or 2 things that could be swapped or are a little better from zzf. But it’s also nbd. If they matched hands and rehault. Then it would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks mate, nice to hear (see) you say that.. I'm definitely not an insane fanboy, I'm just trying to help folks see that the Holy Grail has finally arrived - a genuine like Submariner in both look and feel, it's here and it's made by VSF.

If you read (translate) the 116610 article on the VS website, you can see they see this was their aim.. to annihilate the competition with a 1:1 rep..

An interesting read..

http://www.vs-china.com/8715.html

"Is VS Factory Blackwater Ghost worth starting?

In summary, from appearance to movement, the black water ghost produced by VS is basically the top in the industry. Compared with other factories, the editor is a must. This time the VS factory has entered the Rolex water ghost replica watch, which will change the industry. The pattern, especially when the 3135 re-engraved movement came out, I didn’t encounter one that could play. In the future replica watch industry, the Rolex 3135 movement is no longer limited to quality and cannot be selected. Favorite watch friends can rest assured to buy the VS factory black water ghost detoxification"

"It can be seen from the propaganda of the VS factory that the black water ghost replica watch of the VS factory is one step closer in the XF factory and has been modified, and there is basically no flaw in the appearance."

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
There are 1 or 2 things that could be swapped or are a little better from zzf. But it’s also nbd. If they matched hands and rehault. Then it would just be icing on the cake.

100% agree with this. Looks like the hands have changed a little already so this is good

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Sure it’s not ‘perfect’ but damn, it’s good!

If I was in charge of the tweaking department I’d be working on..

The rehaut, better 3D like hands, sharper defined SEL midlinks, glide lock consistency (mine both vary in glide stiffness) and I think it’d be the ultimate.

Reactions: LaraA and stufuse

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Sure it’s not ‘perfect’ but damn, it’s good!

If I was in charge of the tweaking department I’d be working on..

The rehaut, better 3D like hands, sharper defined SEL midlinks, glide lock consistency (mine both vary in glide stiffness) and I think it’d be the ultimate.

My glidelock is stiff as rocks. But whatever, still nice. Have the hands not been updated? Thought I read it was updated somewhere.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
My glidelock is stiff as rocks. But whatever, still nice. Have the hands not been updated? Thought I read it was updated somewhere.

One of mine is gen like, the other a bit slidey.. yours is stiff. Inconsistent. Genuine is consistently gen(!) like, never heard a gen owner on TRF mention a stiff or loose glide yet.