• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
I am assuming your Hulk is from the later batch? My LN looks just like yours. Brighter bezel numbers and thicker hour hand.

Which is correct & more gen-like between the hour hands and the bezel insert #’s?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Which is correct & more gen-like between the hour hands and the bezel insert #’s?

Based on reading thru this thread, hands are definitely more accurate on the Hulk (thinner). Not 100% sure about the bezel. Based on the gen pics on page 1 of this thread, brighter filling seems more accurate.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

To some of the folks with trained eyes:

Does my hour hand look fat to you? (this sounds funny asking lol)

I think mine has the fatter hour hand but in certain lighting it looks more gen like than pics I have seen of others.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
If you think they look gen-like why bother asking otherwise? ;)

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
If you think they look gen-like why bother asking otherwise? ;)

Oh sorry I didn't mean mine looks gen like at all times. It looks gen like in very certain lighting conditions. Otherwise it looks fat but as you can see from my explanation, it's hard to tell because the thickness of hour hand seems to vary depending on the lighting.

Reactions: leo6929

forby94

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
New York City
Based on reading thru this thread, hands are definitely more accurate on the Hulk (thinner). Not 100% sure about the bezel. Based on the gen pics on page 1 of this thread, brighter filling seems more accurate.

Nope. I've compared for a while now & it depends on the angle. Straight on it doesn't luck chubby at all. From a side profile view the gen does looks thinner. But the reason the gen looks thinner from the side is because the hour hand and minute hands are curved slightly (domed shaped). Our replica models are flat, so they only have one appearance.

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Nope. I've compared for a while now & it depends on the angle. Straight on it doesn't luck chubby at all. From a side profile view the gen does looks thinner. But the reason the gen looks thinner from the side is because the hour hand and minute hands are curved slightly (domed shaped). Our replica models are flat, so they only have one appearance.

You know what? This actually makes a lot of sense. Some gen hand pics I have seen looks just like my (what seems to be fatter) VSF hand but at certain angles it looks thinner.

I guess for reps, instead of changing the shape of the hand to match gen, they seemed to have made it thinner. I noticed Clean Factory hour hands were way too thin. VSF seems to have both fatter and thinner hand depending on the batch.

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Most reps have flat hands. Gen are curved like the back of a spoon. But not as extreme. Just a tiny bit. That’s why they look different in different lights. Flat hands with not dimensions especially in light are an instant tell. I think JF or ARF was the first to realize this with the 5 digit subs.

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Most reps have flat hands. Gen are curved like the back of a spoon. But not as extreme. Just a tiny bit. That’s why they look different in different lights. Flat hands with no dimensions especially in light are an instant tell. I think JF or ARF was the first to realize this with the 5 digit subs. Well Tsing Ching was actually...

Shout out to Tsing Chin

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Nope, the VSF hands aren't flat.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Those fat VSF Mercedes hands are so irritating to the eyes.

That coupled with the fact that they’re a shade too white compared to the hour markers.

Vsf with ZZF dial+hands would be my personal choice

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
trustytime Just arrived in the mail, only ordered late December between Christmas and new year, thanks to Andrew !
It looks and feels exactly like my gen, in fact, I’m wondering why one was so cheap!

The “R” issue looks great from most angles too......

This is another level from reps of old.

Z6u7LE.jpg

Z6uuS2.jpg

Z6uNE3.jpg

Z6uErn.jpg

Z6uFyY.jpg

Z6uf3s.jpg

Z6uG4D.jpg

Z6uSck.jpg

Z6uxCJ.jpg

Z6uceW.jpg

Z6ubmo.jpg

Z6uJSP.jpg

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
trustytime Just arrived in the mail, only ordered late December between Christmas and new year, thanks to Andrew !
It looks and feels exactly like my gen, in fact, I’m wondering why one was so cheap!

The “R” issue looks great from most angles too......

This is another level from reps of old.

Nice, and you got the correct hour hand! It’s not even that big of a deal but now that I’ve seen the correct one I can’t unsee my thick one... ugh going OCD over something no one will ever notice...

Reactions: 944black

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
Nobody will ever see that !
I can only see it on super magnified photos ????

Just relax, and enjoy your watch.
Every R factory watch I’ve had, has had enough flaws for them to be called out as reps !

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
Nobody will ever see that !
I can only see it on super magnified photos ????

Just relax, and enjoy your watch.
Every R factory watch I’ve had, has had enough flaws for them to be called out as reps !

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Yours doesn’t have the R issue. Like this one. You can see how forward it is in the first line. Doesn’t matter the angle. It’s probably one of the first batch.

6508e7146b518936684cd971e6618fb1.jpg

Reactions: sukwonee

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Still a great piece tho. Doesn’t bother me. Everything else is the best. No one else will even see that unless they were close enough to see the pores on my wrist. Lolol

Reactions: J22 and sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Still a great piece tho. Doesn’t bother me. Everything else is the best. No one else will even see that unless they were close enough to see the pores on my wrist. Lolol

your watch looks just like mine. Must be from an earlier batch. "R" and the hour hand don't bother me too much either.

Reactions: eazye