• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Happy new year everyone.

E4-EDC23-D-AF7-C-44-F3-943-F-0-B447709862-A.png

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Try putting the subject (the watch) in the centre of your pics, you seem to like to photo the floor, there is more floor/background in your pics than there is of the watch. Get closer rather than zoom in. Free tips :wingnut:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Try putting the subject (the watch) in the centre of your pics, you seem to like to photo the floor, there is more floor/background in your pics than there is of the watch. Get closer rather than zoom in. Free tips :wingnut:

The reason i dont go closer is because the auto focus on mobile phones are pretty crap compare to a proper camera. Mobile phones tent to over compensate in dark situations. The light meter on the phone always expose based on the point you focus, watch is black so the phone overexpose the overall photo and doesnt focus properly. Low light pictures = less quality. Im a photographer lol it's not like I don't know to compose a picture. Also the closer you get with a mobile phone to a subject the more distortion you get and im pretty annoyed by that. Last thing if you didn't know phones have a fixed aperture, try shooting something super close at a wide open aperture you wont get shit in focus. I could talk forever about photography but that's not the point of the thread.

Reactions: BOSSK

James2020

1/6/20
I just noticed the cyclops of my VSF 116610 LN is slightly offset to the left of the date window. It’s not obvious from photos which I tried to capture but unable to. In the photos, the cyclops will look centered on the date window.

Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but I doublechecked my ZZF hulk (vr3135 mvmt) and it doesn’t have this issue.

Has anyone else noticed this on their watch?

moonspell

Known Member
20/11/09
I noticed a problem with the movement in mine.
The date change does not occur at midnight but at 1:20 am. If I turn the hands within 24 hours, however, the date change occurs exactly at midnight. I was wondering what could be the cause of this difference in behavior, if anyone has suggestion please reply here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ith-date-issue

Last edited:

davegreg23

Horology Curious
20/11/20
Hey,
I love VSF 116610LN! I have a lot of watches and this is my first rep ever and I am very impressed! The only thing which bothers me is cyclops. It is not bad but in certain lighting conditions there is lots of reflections and blueish or greenish AR coating tint. What do you guys thing about it? Anyone could tell me where can I source gen crystal from? The best if I could buy it from European supplier. Thanks!

P.S. Happy NY I hope this year will be way better than "sick" previous one!

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I noticed a problem with the movement in mine.
The date change does not occur at midnight but at 1:20 am. If I turn the hands within 24 hours, however, the date change occurs exactly at midnight. I was wondering what could be the cause of this difference in behavior, if anyone has suggestion please reply here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ith-date-issue

It is not a movement problem, it is just that whoever that assembled your watch didnt properly set the hands to change the date at midnight, it's an easy job for any competent watchsmith. Same thing can be found on gens, but to the same extent as yours, my father's gen gmt changes at 11:58.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Hey,
I love VSF 116610LN! I have a lot of watches and this is my first rep ever and I am very impressed! The only thing which bothers me is cyclops. It is not bad but in certain lighting conditions there is lots of reflections and blueish or greenish AR coating tint. What do you guys thing about it? Anyone could tell me where can I source gen crystal from? The best if I could buy it from European supplier. Thanks!

P.S. Happy NY I hope this year will be way better than "sick" previous one!

Almost all the new xtal have a blue tint. Here's my vsf with gen xtal for reference. If you looking for a gen xtal, write to interaktiv. He is the one thst sourced mine and hes located in Greece. Amasing guy to deal with.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

The closer you are, the more distortion you’ll get - usually ending up with a big face and forshortened lugs and bracelet. We shoot hundreds of watches for e-commerce platforms, or rather we have Packshot shoot them for us - the camera is typically about 2m from the watch - zoomed in!

edit - for wrist shots, its also nice to show some background / ambience / context. Otherwise we may as well just post the macros from TD sites!

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The closer you are, the more distortion you’ll get - usually ending up with a big face and forshortened lugs and bracelet. We shoot hundreds of watches for e-commerce platforms, or rather we have Packshot shoot them for us - the camera is typically about 2m from the watch - zoomed in!

edit - for wrist shots, its also nice to show some background / ambience / context. Otherwise we may as well just post the macros from TD sites!

Understood, though I use crop rather than post a lot of background. It takes up mb's of space and increases loading times, for nothing, not to mention the added scrolling required undermining the forum user experience.. and the extra upload time it takes you the author, which all adds to the heat generated by the giant servers that control the web that demand more power consumption adding to global warming and the eventual demise of mankind.

Just use crop man. :rulez:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Understood, though I use crop rather than post a lot of background. It takes up mb's of space and increases loading times, for nothing, not to mention the added scrolling required undermining the forum user experience.. and the extra upload time it takes you the author, which all adds to the heat generated by the giant servers that control the web that demand more power consumption adding to global warming and the eventual demise of mankind.

Just use crop man. :rulez:

All pictures are compress to 2048px and have a srgb color space so loading times have nothing to do with the size but rather with your connection. I could talk forever about it but its just pointless cuz you dont seem to understand. Anyways enough with this topic, sorry i undermine your thread by posting my non cropped pictures... Mr crop. Youre alao the only complaining about it, dont understand the big fuss about it. I guess people will start asking for using the golden ratio when posting pictures on the forum..

Last edited:

moonspell

Known Member
20/11/09
It is not a movement problem, it is just that whoever that assembled your watch didnt properly set the hands to change the date at midnight, it's an easy job for any competent watchsmith. Same thing can be found on gens, but to the same extent as yours, my father's gen gmt changes at 11:58.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the possibility that the hands may be part of the problem. But I have a doubt and would need to understand the technical side. I'm trying to understand, I'm here to learn. I would like a more technical explanation to the question. I am studying, I have a reference manual to improve my understanding on watchmaking.

Looking at videos on the 3135 movement on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1yAy9iWXfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OrJMcNPR0

I do not understand why if the date change is done correctly by turning manually the hands, when the crown shaft is re-engaged the movement presents this shift. The wheels should engage correctly but they do not. I certainly didn't understand a few things about how the 3135 works, and I apologize for that. That's why I'm also looking for an exploded view map of the movement to get a better look at the movement parts.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the possibility that the hands may be part of the problem. But I have a doubt and would need to understand the technical side. I'm trying to understand, I'm here to learn. I would like a more technical explanation to the question. I am studying, I have a reference manual to improve my understanding on watchmaking.

Looking at videos on the 3135 movement on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1yAy9iWXfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OrJMcNPR0

I do not understand why if the date change is done correctly by turning manually the hands, when the crown shaft is re-engaged the movement presents this shift. The wheels should engage correctly but they do not. I certainly didn't understand a few things about how the 3135 works, and I apologize for that. That's why I'm also looking for an exploded view map of the movement to get a better look at the movement parts.

Will try to explain the best i can. In the factory (rolex) it is done by a machine which was specially designed and built for that purpose. For the watchmaker at the bench (which is the case at the rep factories) it is something you learn/develop a technique for over time. The more you do it the easier it becomes. It would be very lengthy to go into detail.
Date/Datejust/subs are much more straightforeward than GMTs which require more setting up in order to ensure all of the hands are synchronised and date change is within tolerance. Once the dial is fitted, turn the winding crown (in handsetting) slowly until the date changes.Stop turning the winding crown the instant the date goes over. Loosely fit the hour hand.
Turn the hand through 24 hrs until the date changes again and double check the position on the hour hand. If its in line fit it/push it home on the hour wheel. Turn the hour hand (always forward) to 6 AM. Now loosely fit the minute hand. This is done to ensure the hour and minute hand line up at 6 o`clock as It is the most obvious if the hands are out of line at 6. Turn the hands forward to midnight and observe the date change. It if is within tolerance fully fit the minute hand and the centre seconds hand. Then ensure all of the hands are parallel and clear of any dial markings etc..and not so high as to contact the inside of the watch crystal. You can find lots of videos about it, basically your watch just needs to get the hands remount. Its not a hands or movement problem, its just whoever assembled your watch was not as accurate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0AQKIuD8oIk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I understand fine, you post pics of the floor. When I post pics I take a pic of the subject I'm talking about, not the floor. 95% of your pics are floor. You say you are a photographer.. what do you photo specifically? carpets?

You dont understand how photography and how its basic works and it shows. You know more about watches than me and i appreciate your thread. I'm not a TD so whats the point of posting photos that look like a product shot? Or super closes up with soft corners and that are not even sharp. I explain myself already and youre the only one triggered around here.

moonspell

Known Member
20/11/09
Will try to explain the best i can. In the factory (rolex) it is done by a machine which was specially designed and built for that purpose. For the watchmaker at the bench (which is the case at the rep factories) it is something you learn/develop a technique for over time. The more you do it the easier it becomes. It would be very lengthy to go into detail.
Date/Datejust/subs are much more straightforeward than GMTs which require more setting up in order to ensure all of the hands are synchronised and date change is within tolerance. Once the dial is fitted, turn the winding crown (in handsetting) slowly until the date changes.Stop turning the winding crown the instant the date goes over. Loosely fit the hour hand.
Turn the hand through 24 hrs until the date changes again and double check the position on the hour hand. If its in line fit it/push it home on the hour wheel. Turn the hour hand (always forward) to 6 AM. Now loosely fit the minute hand. This is done to ensure the hour and minute hand line up at 6 o`clock as It is the most obvious if the hands are out of line at 6. Turn the hands forward to midnight and observe the date change. It if is within tolerance fully fit the minute hand and the centre seconds hand. Then ensure all of the hands are parallel and clear of any dial markings etc..and not so high as to contact the inside of the watch crystal. You can find lots of videos about it, basically your watch just needs to get the hands remount. Its not a hands or movement problem, its just whoever assembled your watch was not as accurate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0AQKIuD8oIk

Thanks!!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
You dont understand how photography and how its basic works and it shows..

Wait, what? because I note your pics are more made of floor space than the watch your are photoing, that means I know nothing about photography? That's a bit silly..

Everyone else here manages to get their watch into the frame ok. Photography basics 101 - put the subject in the frame.

..I'm done arguing, it's futile, you do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Reactions: YellowFin