• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Here we go guys, the one we’ve been waiting for..

These are more or less identical, only a fooool pay £10,000 instead of under £400.

VSF have killed it. I very much doubt you will find a better Submariner replica though I admit I have not inspected them all.
We all know the movement is butter smooth, unwinding the crown itself is smooth, the bezel rotation is exactly like my 2yr old genuine (but not as tight as a new watch is!). The bracelet is smooth with no sharp edges, the clasp is there and the glidelock very genuine like. The feel of the watch just feels like a new Submariner. Obviously my genuine one has 2yrs wear but the VSF is just how I remember it was when it was new.

What’s different that I can see?
.Hands are 3D on genuine, they are flat on VSF. Mercedes hand is perfect sized(?)
.Blast finish on underside of flip lock missing in VSF
.First R position on the rehaut
.Rehaut print is sharper on genuine
.Crown on flip clasp
.Fliplock rest area on the clasp is more 3D on the genuine

What is near as perfect?
.Case
.SEL's
.Crown guards
.Crown
.Bezel insert, appearance and recess
.Bezel insert platinum colour filling
.Bezel feel
.Bezel
.Pearl
.Bracelet
.Dial, markers and font and gloss print and alignment
.Lume
.Crystal is 97% there - no need to change
.Date wheel font and gloss
.Black hole
.Date magnification is exact
.Feel
.Weight (only 2gram difference)
.More?

That's it folks. This is identical otherwise. Noting it has NO anti fingerprint coating on the insert as descrbed by CF, but neither does the genuine one! I have circled and pointed at the only differences I can see in the pictures below.

The pics:

Rolex on the left. VSF on the right in all pictures..

Zox85E.jpg
Zoxnb2.jpg
Zox1oF.jpg
Zox9Tt.jpg
ZoxrBn.jpg
ZoxtR3.jpg
ZoxQKs.jpg
Zoxl9Y.jpg
ZoxpsD.jpg
ZoxTqo.jpg
ZoxPDk.jpg
ZoxXTJ.jpg
ZoxdbP.jpg

Thanks for looking, now go and buy one!?!

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Sorry the stickers are still on, they are not coming off for the time being.

I'm certainly enjoying filling this new box up! There's a couple of genuine watches in there and some reps.

ZoxVni.jpg

I'll add some more comparison pics tomorrow.. feel free to ask for requests if you wish to see something in particular compared.

Last edited:

kingkort

Horology Curious
4/11/20
Very good job dear friend thank you for this work and I do not regret having ordered a VSF yesterday

Last edited:

mariot

22/2/19
thnx for this very nice review!!
what about date wheel? seems very good and not bold

tlabowski01

Known Member
Supporter
4/9/19
I purchased a VSF LN not too long ago and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the date wheel font. Online, the font appeared to be a tad too thicc but in person it is very pleasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Geee thx mate!
Can’t wait to see those watch cushions soon wrapped up by your new purchases! Smile

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Good post. Especially since you clearly pointed out the flaws as well as the good things. Your hulk one was so gushing I wasn't sure whether you were serious.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Reactions: StreetFighter

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Wow. I enjoyed my VSF Hulk so much I ordered an LN and a Smurf. Patience has always been a part of this hobby but this year has cranked it up a bit. Some of my prior delivery times are starting to feel like fish stories.
I’ve owned reps from most of the makers but VSF has been getting a lot of my money for the last few years. I wouldn’t call myself a fan boy but I’m definitely a fan.
Thanks for the pictures Mark.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz

Hey mate, great reviews. Are you able to confirm this is just some strange optics because one watch is slightly closer to the camera.

I can’t imagine the differences marked here are true but just want to confirm... it’s the only thing I noticed on your pics that look different from Gen.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Hey mate, great reviews. Are you able to confirm this is just some strange optics because one watch is slightly closer to the camera.

I can’t imagine the differences marked here are true but just want to confirm... it’s the only thing I noticed on your pics that look different from Gen.

I think it’s just 1cm closer to the lens. I didn’t notice any difference.

Thanks for the kind words folks.

kluzik1

Known Member
14/3/18
Here we go guys, the one we’ve been waiting for..

These are more or less identical, only a fooool pay £10,000 instead of under £400.

VSF have killed it. I very much doubt you will find a better Submariner replica though I admit I have not inspected them all.
We all know the movement is butter smooth, unwinding the crown itself is smooth, the bezel rotation is exactly like my 2yr old genuine (but not as tight as a new watch is!). The bracelet is smooth with no sharp edges, the clasp is there and the glidelock very genuine like. The feel of the watch just feels like a new Submariner. Obviously my genuine one has 2yrs wear but the VSF is just how I remember it was when it was new.

What’s different that I can see?
.Hands are 3D on genuine, they are flat on VSF. Mercedes hand is perfect sized(?)
.Blast finish on underside of flip lock missing in VSF
.First R position on the rehaut
.Rehaut print is sharper on genuine
.Crown on flip clasp
.Fliplock rest area on the clasp is more 3D on the genuine

What is near as perfect?
.Case
.SEL's
.Crown guards
.Crown
.Bezel insert, appearance and recess
.Bezel insert platinum colour filling
.Bezel feel
.Bezel
.Pearl
.Bracelet
.Dial, markers and font and gloss print and alignment
.Lume
.Crystal is 97% there - no need to change
.Date wheel font and gloss
.Black hole
.Date magnification is exact
.Feel
.Weight (only 2gram difference)
.More?

That's it folks. This is identical otherwise. Noting it has NO anti fingerprint coating on the insert as descrbed by CF, but neither does the genuine one! I have circled and pointed at the only differences I can see in the pictures below.

The pics:

Rolex on the left. VSF on the right in all pictures..

Zox85E.jpg
Zoxnb2.jpg
Zox1oF.jpg
Zox9Tt.jpg
ZoxrBn.jpg
ZoxtR3.jpg
ZoxQKs.jpg
Zoxl9Y.jpg
ZoxpsD.jpg
ZoxTqo.jpg
ZoxPDk.jpg
ZoxXTJ.jpg
ZoxdbP.jpg

Thanks for looking, now go and buy one!?!
Grate review mate how about the clasp in particular diver's extension. Mine is very crappy . It's not moving at all . Can you compare diver's extension with hulk , ln and genuine ? Thanks mate for input

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Sorry the stickers are still on, they are not coming off for the time being.

I'm certainly enjoying filling this new box up! There's a couple of genuine watches in there and some reps.

I'll add some more comparison pics tomorrow.. feel free to ask for requests if you wish to see something in particular compared.

Thanks for the great comparison. :clap_1:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Grate review mate how about the clasp in particular diver's extension. Mine is very crappy . It's not moving at all . Can you compare diver's extension with hulk , ln and genuine ? Thanks mate for input

Will do this evening.. no bother.

In the meantime, he is one I missed of the crown, guards and tubes..
ZogoWF.jpg

VSF v Rolex = 90% of the quality for 4% of the price (and near 0% of the after sales support outwith a few weeks of sale?).

Last edited:

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Nice job!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
The kind of thread who give you an envy to spend you cash in a chinese rep lol.

Thanks for the review.

Last edited:

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Yeah I blame modernclassic for me being £335 lighter.

Reactions: leo6929