• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Gen Rolex 2sec.
After 5 Years: 2sec.

Rep: 0-10sec
After 5 days:
50 sec:D

It depends.

My 2 year old VSF Planet Ocean 600 did +5 to +7s/day when I got it.
Nowadays it makes +8 to +10s/day, and I only adjusted it once...

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I just ordered a "kermit" version from Puretime. The QC look great. Maybe slightly off bezel at 12 and 6, but the 3 and 9 were straight. I was going to ignore it and hope it was just the camera angle.
The timegrapher gave me mixed feelings. 1.2 s/day, awesome... 0.0ms beat error, awesome. But the Amplitude was 238. And I really don't want to send it off right away to get serviced. I like to wear them for a few months and then send it off when the newness wears off.
Am I being to picky?

I think you are fine with 238 timegrapher reading. The 3235 typically has lower amplitude than 3135 movements. Also the lift angle should be set to 55° for a true reading.

When I see timegrapher readings like the previous post (305°) I'm suspicious because these movements don't operate at that amplitude. Hopefully there's not something sneaky going on with QC photos.

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
My TD has just sent me the qc pics (btw, to my eyes they look great).

Would you please help me understand if also the timegrapher results are good? I’d say yes but I got quite confused with this matter with stuff like angle degrees etc.

ed51b40ba247e7a60a18f2b0e169078f.jpg

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
My TD has just sent me the qc pics (btw, to my eyes they look great).

Would you please help me understand if also the timegrapher results are good? I’d say yes but I got quite confused with this matter with stuff like angle degrees etc.

ed51b40ba247e7a60a18f2b0e169078f.jpg

It looks very good. There are debates about lift angle but those in the know say lift angle is 55° for the 3235 movement, which will affect amplitude, but not by a huge amount. I would say you are good to go.

Reactions: KJ2020

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
This 126610 is creating a war inside my head, I already can't decide whether to get an LN or an LV (I don't want to get both), then I read that someone is having some problems with the movement and manual winding.
The only solution would be to buy it and send it straight away for a service for 100/120 euros, to be on the safe side, the question is, is it worth it? In this case yes because I understand that the 3235 needs a bit of care.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This 126610 is creating a war inside my head, I already can't decide whether to get an LN or an LV (I don't want to get both), then I read that someone is having some problems with the movement and manual winding.
The only solution would be to buy it and send it straight away for a service for 100/120 euros, to be on the safe side, the question is, is it worth it? In this case yes because I understand that the 3235 needs a bit of care.

Somewhere, someone is having trouble with genuine 3135, best we all avoid genuine Rolex?

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I was just wondering if it was appropriate to service (clean, lubricate, etc.) the newly purchased watch to avoid having problems with the movement.

new movement costs 150 dollars :))))

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

So it’s just like every other rep.

Mine has not been serviced and has no problems after 3 months. It’s either on my wrist or a winder and keeps time like a champ. One thing I’ve noticed lately is some newer members seem absolutely obsessed with manually winding their watch regardless of whether it needs winding or not. Don’t wind the damn thing if it’s ticking - let the movement work like it’s supposed to. Also a gen feels awful if you try and wind it when it’s already wound.

Get the LN if you don’t specifically want the LV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
So it’s just like every other rep.

Mine has not been serviced and has no problems after 3 months. It’s either on my wrist or a winder and keeps time like a champ. One thing I’ve noticed lately is some newer members seem absolutely obsessed with manually winding their watch regardless of whether it needs winding or not. Don’t wind the damn thing if it’s ticking - let the movement work like it’s supposed to. Also a gen feels awful if you try and wind it when it’s already wound.

Get the LN if you don’t specifically want the LV.

I understand, I have always trusted your advice!
I already own an 116610 LN, but the desire to buy another watch is strong (you can understand), the 126610 LN is so similar to the 116610 LN (I love this watch which is without a doubt my favourite), that the alternate to it is a 126610 LV. I'm taking a few more days to think about it though because I don't want the watch to spend most of its existence in the box afterwards.

Reactions: recan1ze

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
i believe that the few people who publish their problems here are only a small percentage of the people who buy the watches. very few post here or on reddit if the watch is "perfect". they just wear it with proud and keep silent

Reactions: Kevstah

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I understand, I have always trusted your advice!
I already own an 116610 LN, but the desire to buy another watch is strong (you can understand), the 126610 LN is so similar to the 116610 LN (I love this watch which is without a doubt my favourite), that the alternate to it is a 126610 LV. I'm taking a few more days to think about it though because I don't want the watch to spend most of its existence in the box afterwards.

Maybe look for something with a bit more difference? Either the Seadweller or the Sub LB?

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Maybe look for something with a bit more difference? Either the Seadweller or the Sub LB?

I'm relatively young, but the Rolex model I like best is the 16610 lv which looks stunning to my eyes. The new 126610 lv models take their cue from the "old five figures".
I like the new 126619 lb but would put it behind the lv.
@muirama I am curious to know which model you like?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm relatively young, but the Rolex model I like best is the 16610 lv which looks stunning to my eyes. The new 126610 lv models take their cue from the "old five figures".
I like the new 126619 lb but would put it behind the lv.
@muirama I am curious to know which model you like?

Then you should treat yourself to a 16610LV ;) You can take a look at the ARF, or try to find a JF on M2M. Alternatively, you can't go wrong with a BP at 258 USD

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=17908

(Apologies for the off topic ;) )

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Then you should treat yourself to a 16610LV ;) You can take a look at the ARF, or try to find a JF on M2M. Alternatively, you can't go wrong with a BP at 258 USD

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=17908

(Apologies for the off topic ;) )

I have been following these factories for some time.
ARF has disappointed me with the quality of its latest 16610 products.
JF is almost unobtainable.
BP is very good value for money.
I would like a TC ahahah!!! Too much to ask!?!?

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
I have been following these factories for some time.
ARF has disappointed me with the quality of its latest 16610 products.
JF is almost unobtainable.
BP is very good value for money.
I would like a TC ahahah!!! Too much to ask!?!?

Sorry guys for an agressive slide in but...
I’m actually planning on putting my jf16610ln on m2m next week. Its a no rehaut later version, gen insert and dw installed, serviced.
beautiful.
(its an LN not LV but nevertheless)
keep your eyes open ;)

Reactions: Manuel.b