• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Damn. I just took out the 126610LN out of the box after a few days of not wearing it, but when manually winding it a bit it already felt a bit "rough", but I didn't worry about it yet. Then I went ahead to set the time and date and - the date quick set doesn't work anymore :( So I had to manually wind it forward a few days, at least that's working. Any idea on what could be broken here or if I can fix this myself? It's not a deal breaker for me as I wear this watch most of the time anyway, but it would still be nice to have this feature.
If it's not an easy fix and it can't be fixed on my own, should I bring it to my watchmaker or should I just get a new movement/watch?

Reactions: recan1ze

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Damn. I just took out the 126610LN out of the box after a few days of not wearing it, but when manually winding it a bit it already felt a bit "rough", but I didn't worry about it yet. Then I went ahead to set the time and date and - the date quick set doesn't work anymore :( So I had to manually wind it forward a few days, at least that's working. Any idea on what could be broken here or if I can fix this myself? It's not a deal breaker for me as I wear this watch most of the time anyway, but it would still be nice to have this feature.
If it's not an easy fix and it can't be fixed on my own, should I bring it to my watchmaker or should I just get a new movement/watch?

Sorry to hear this. Looks like you have to bring it to the watchmaker to look into the problem. It is not an easy job that can be fixed by yourself.
Are we seeing the problems of the VS3235 starting to emerge? First we had the winding issue, and now the quick date changing goes dead. I think I will stop getting this movement for now until its reliability and durability are verified. I don't want to end up with pieces of Rolex paper weights.
I always have certain reservations about these so called superclones. IMO, to certain extent their quality is not even on par to the seagull movements.
Really missed those days when reps were still housed with the Swiss ETA's.

Reactions: Mc Queen and mpx

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18

Might sound strange, but try again with the watch set at 6 or 7h and 30m.

Reactions: mpx

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
I'm always very careful to have the hour hands at the bottom of the face before I change date.
I'm not certain, but I think I stripped something out in a watch by trying to set the moon phase and date while the hour hand was too close to midnight.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Of course I'm aware that you shouldn't change the date during certain hours, I also always make sure to have the watch in the "safe" hours, but somehow it still broke. But as I said, doesn't really matter too much as long as it's running without any other issues. I wear it most of the time anyway, so I shouldn't have to adjust the date too often. And if I do, it's still easier to wind through a few days than with an AP 15202, which never had a quick set and where the crown is much smaller :D

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Of course I'm aware that you shouldn't change the date during certain hours,

mpx Oh, there is a safety zone for setting the date? I have never realized this. Can you share please?
Sorry for my ignorance.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Sure. You shouldn't change the date between around 10 PM and 2 AM, 9PM and 3 AM would be even safer. The reason is that the watch "prepares" to switch the date itself during that time and you could damage the movement when changing the date yourself in that time range.

Reactions: Uhr70

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Sure. You shouldn't change the date between around 10 PM and 2 AM, 9PM and 3 AM would be even safer. The reason is that the watch "prepares" to switch the date itself during that time and you could damage the movement when changing the date yourself in that time range.

Confirm.

I always change the date at 6:30 (not 18:30), and I've never had any problems.

Reactions: Manuel.b

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and mention that the LN has a much better rehaut than the LV, which has a darker, more grey/black colored, faded looking rehaut with worse positioning (at least lately) seen it on 4-5 different pics and I ordered both personally. Ordered a month ago received 2 weeks ago

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and mention that the LN has a much better rehaut than the LV, which has a darker, more grey/black colored, faded looking rehaut with worse positioning (at least lately) seen it on 4-5 different pics and I ordered both personally. Ordered a month ago received 2 weeks ago

Can you post pics of both? high resolution + the batch codes

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Rehaut for me is the weakest point in VSF but both LN/LV should have same case, unless another batch is out

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
The LN I have is 2R9 and the LV was also 2R9. I’m telling you just check any qc pics you can clearly see the LV is darker/black looking.

Reactions: recan1ze

Torque124

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/21
a comparaison video between gen and VSF 126610LV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUmUwz-9-_0

very nice comparaison, VSF did a really amazing job for sure ...

Geez. I could see zero, zilch difference in some spots he claims ... AND you need a macro lens to take the shots to observe. Christ, you could just put a replica in a Rolex box and as long as the serial matches, nobody knows anything ; well unless they take it to a store.

Torque124

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/21
It looks very good. There are debates about lift angle but those in the know say lift angle is 55° for the 3235 movement, which will affect amplitude, but not by a huge amount. I would say you are good to go.

Looks like mine, so implicitly means mine is also fine?? :)

Last edited:

D.EASTLEY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/16
Hey gents,

Long time hiatus circa 5 years. Looking to jump back into the deep end again. After reading the whole thread, would it be be fair to say this is best (to date, excuse the pun) 41mm sub from all manufacturers?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Hey gents,

Long time hiatus circa 5 years. Looking to jump back into the deep end again. After reading the whole thread, would it be be fair to say this is best (to date, excuse the pun) 41mm sub from all manufacturers?

Get it while if you still can.
Goodluck