• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
This thing is a real beauty, isn't it? Looks like gen to me. :D
Glad I have one on order. Should get QC in the next few days.

Dear Glidelock , Thanx , I recorded the video a few minutes ago.
As soon as it arrives , take a lot of detailed photographs. :)
I would never want someone to write that the SEL is 0,025 mm recess , or that the Glide has rubber pads instead of steel. Maybe they don't know the word "friction" and that the gen has identical rubber pads to the VSF.
Okay , in the end no problems , we're all graduates Masters in Rolexology here......:giggle:

Junio M.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gen has this black rubber/plastic part aswell. However, the image you show is a ZZF v2 116610 clasp and not a VSF.

Yes it is but the VSF has the same cheap part. The gen part is undoubtedly better quality and any metal feet would be preferable to rep plastic.

ZT3pc2.jpg

Reactions: Glidelock

Glidelock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/21
Yes it is but the VSF has the same cheap part. The gen part is undoubtedly better quality and any metal feet would be preferable to rep plastic.

Okay thats possible. I haven't seen the gen part in person.

db803854d04ce1f725342cdf3e47bbb4.jpg

Thats a photo of the gen 116610 clasp I found online.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy

ZT3pc2.jpg

Undoubtedly.
But , but , but........................
Gen Bracelet (for 116610xx) = 1.890,00 Euro
Gen Glidelock (for 116610xx) = 870.00 Euro
More or less + 15/20% for the reference 126610xx

VSF Submariner = 500.00 Euro All In
If these little things are a big problem , just mount the gen parts.
I don't understand , I seem to speak an ancient and unknown language.
Okay that my English is shit , though.....
There two possibilities that my ignorance suggests to me :

1) Buy the original
2) Spend 2/3K to create some kind of Franken.

I withdraw from these discussions as they are tasteless and read about 10,000 times.....and I'm so bored.... :(

Junio M.

Last edited:

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Ah , I forgot.
If anyone wants a 3235 gen they sell it on Ch24 for 4,500 Euro.
Maybe someone wants a Super - Hyper - Franken.... :D

Good continuation....

Junio M.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I was just pointing it out so people are aware of it bro. No need for drastic measures. The metal feet off a DHGate cheap clasp will work if the plastic ones get chewed up. The plastic feet should be OK if handled carefully.

So I'd misinterpreted. :)
Ok mate , the important thing is to always discuss in this way , no offense or anything else , that's the beauty of the forum. Especially in this section. If you only knew how many times I have read posts full of bullshit and offense in 9 years ! :D

Have a nice day

Junio M.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Oh if the rubber feet on the glidelock is that inferior quality as pointed out by kj2020, be very careful then not to spray or soak that part with WD40. The chemical nature of WD will surely attack the rubber and make it die faster.
I really wonder if gen. uses rubber actually. Perhaps PTFE, PU or PP copolymer maybe, just my guess.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Oh if the rubber feet on the glidelock is that inferior quality as pointed out by kj2020, be very careful then not to spray or soak that part with WD40. The chemical nature of WD will surely attack the rubber and make it die faster.
I really wonder if gen. uses rubber actually. Perhaps PTFE, PU or PP copolymer maybe, just my guess.

Wax works well to aid in sliding the plastic feet.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

The gen uses nylon shoes, which are replaced at service.

There is no need to get WD40 anywhere near this bracelet, but you should be aware of the plastic shoes if, for example, you've used a thread locker on the nearby screws. The heat you would normally use to break the thread lock could melt them.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Would it be better if they use ceramic in place of the rubber?

No, ceramic is too brittle especially given there is a metal springbar tip inserted in the center of it and under constant tension. It's not rubber, it's plastic.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy

All the hard and rubbery plastic parts used by Rolly are the copy of the AP patent for the rubber strap called , if I'm not mistaken , Countacht or something similar, used for the first time in 2005/2006 for the "Rubberclad Montoya". So a much more resistant rubber polymer. I'm not a chemist , but I think the cost is insignificant. For both reps and gens.
However , we are talking about small details.
If they were to be used it would be enough to change them.
In the aftermarket of Rolly parts you will find these "rubber".

Junio M.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Listing for gen shoes
KJ2020 just for curiosity purposes, how did you locate it on C24? What key words did you type actually? I somehow am having difficulties in locating parts on C24 eg. I typed rolex 24-704 it gave zero results!?