• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
One thing is for certain, VSF has gotten better in terms of bracelet taper, clasp size, SEL fit, SEL sharpness over time as they produced new batches. Maybe codes are random. Shame there's possibly no way to tell.

I would wager that either the factory that makes the bracelets has more than 1 milling machine churning out parts or there is more than 1 supplier making bracelets?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Out of pure interest: does anyone know why the factories engrave their own bracelet codes instead of using a gen code?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Out of pure interest: does anyone know why the factories engrave their own bracelet codes instead of using a gen code?

Most likely to avoid bootlegs. When vs3235 released the vs3235 there were some bootlegs of their products going around, that's why vsf released a marketing ad telling people how to recognize if the watch has a real vs3235 or a fake one.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Most likely to avoid bootlegs. When vs3235 released the vs3235 there were some bootlegs of their products going around, that's why vsf released a marketing ad telling people how to recognize if the watch has a real vs3235 or a fake one.

Reps of a rep? I like the concept! ;)

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Eseips

5/4/16
Yesterday I took a few hours and regulated my 126610LV in 6 positions, now it runs absolutely perfect :) +3 to +4 seconds when i place it with 12 or 3 o´clock pointing down, -3 sec when i place it with either 6 or 9 o´clock down and +/- 0 sec when the face points up or down. Love it. so when it gains or looses a sec over the day I can correct that over night. Super stable movement and it also looked beautifully finished.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Yesterday I took a few hours and regulated my 126610LV in 6 positions, now it runs absolutely perfect :) +3 to +4 seconds when i place it with 12 or 3 o´clock pointing down, -3 sec when i place it with either 6 or 9 o´clock down and +/- 0 sec when the face points up or down. Love it. so when it gains or looses a sec over the day I can correct that over night. Super stable movement and it also looked beautifully finished.

You can't ask for more than that. I did a quick regulation on mine in 1 position when it arrived 10 days ago, and it's gained 10 seconds in 10 days. I agree that the finish is good on most visible parts. The pallet fork and escape wheel weren't as cosmetically beautiful, but no one should expect that.

Do you plan to do any movement upgrades with gen parts?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
8-C20-D0-E0-279-D-4-AE2-A710-9-F53-A16-F33-B1.jpg
1-EB45302-10-F4-4607-BB67-434-D57-E08-CA8.jpg
6412-D4-E9-AEEB-4-E8-A-989-D-AEFD26-B59-C3-B.jpg

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
It's like my calendar has broken. This happens every time I order something, but seems especially bad on this one. Can't wait.

Keep the discussion and the pics coming!

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Consensus, NWBIG first class? Borderline super rep?
To be honest, I don‘t think the term NWBIG applies to gen Rolex watches. It applies to brands that slap a good old eta movement in a case and sell them far overpriced (older Breitlings for example).
So is it a super rep?
Just not quite in my very subjective opinion, but it is one damn fine watch from VSF, especially for the first try.
If they get the sel and cyclops spot on in future, I will gladly call it a super rep.

Reactions: ColumnWheel

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
To be honest, I don‘t think the term NWBIG applies to gen Rolex watches. It applies to brands that slap a good old eta movement in a case and sell them far overpriced (older Breitlings for example).
So is it a super rep?
Just not quite in my very subjective opinion, but it is one damn fine watch from VSF, especially for the first try.
If they get the sel and cyclops spot on in future, I will gladly call it a super rep.

SEL and more AR. Still want to see a head to head for lugs and dial also

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
So is it a super rep?

There have already a couple of NWBIG Rolex models so it also applies to them (TC, WM, AR, etc). Regarding the movement, vsf completely knocked out of the park, throw a gen balance complete and it will fool most of people.

Sel has variation, some gens has flushed sel and some don't. Cyclop/xtal is really good and i would say almost impossible to spot unless you're really close and know what youre looking for, only difference is the cyclop profile. Vsf xtal is without a doubt the best non gen xtal atm.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
There have already a couple of NWBIG Rolex models so it also applies to them (TC, WM, AR, etc). Regarding the movement, vsf completely knocked out of the park, throw a gen balance complete and it will fool most of people.

Sel has variation, some gens has flushed sel and some don't. Cyclop/xtal is really good and i would also impossible to spot unless you're really close and know what youre looking for, only difference is the cyclop profile. Vsf xtal is without the best non gen xtal atm.

TC Was classed as super rep. I’m going to go back through the old comparison threads of TC and Gen. From memory, there were still slight differences in the case, crown, insert and xtal even on the latest models.

I will wait till we have a Gen vs this 126 vsf.

The current update 116xx LN being churned out now by vsf I can’t see it wouldn’t be classed as super rep. it has one up on TC as it has a clone movement inside, it’s a super rep through and through and I believe the 126 is also within the same levels of discrepancy to Gen but we will wait for confirmation. People wanted super rep subs for years since TC, I think they are now here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Vsf xtal is without a doubt the best non gen xtal atm.

Pretty much this. Or to look at it another way - this rep has a better crystal than any rep on the consensual NWBIG list. Anyone who actually has this watch can compare the crystal with any number of videos online - Watchbox is a good place - there is no appreciable difference.

TC Was classed as super rep. I’m going to go back through the old comparison threads of TC and Gen. From memory, there were still slight differences in the case, crown, insert and xtal even on the latest models.

I'm sure I remember reading on his blog that TC made some differences on purpose - because he thought it made the watch look 'prettier'.

Last edited:

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
Pretty much this. Or to look at it another way - this rep has a better crystal than any rep on the consensual NWBIG list. Anyone who actually has this watch can compare the crystal with any number of videos online - Watchbox is a good place - there is no appreciable difference.

I'm sure I remember reading on his blog that TC made some differences on purpose - because he thought it made the watch look 'prettier'.

in the past i compared my BK Noob v9 116610LN with the gen from a friend.

there are many many many many small differences if you look closer, yes. but i see no difference in the crystal haha (but i am not an expert!)

i think we are with the new VSF models so close to gen its already a "super rep".

but the people on the superrep thread have their own criteria after a super rep is selected.

if the rehaut alignment is fixed, its perfect :D

Most of those who post here have never held a real rolex submariner in their hands and compare everything with pictures. By now you should know that every picture shows a different light and therefore looks completely different. the only thing that can really be compared is, for example, the rehaut or other little things.

my friend with the real sub would have believed without doubt that my replica noob v9 is real. he hasn't found an obvious flaw.

But I am also a perfectionist and I get annoyed when I order the current batch and shortly afterwards a bigger improvement comes out (like for example with my ZZF V2S when suddenly the V3 came afterwards)......

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
my friend with the real sub would have believed without doubt that my replica noob v9 is real. he hasn't found an obvious flaw......

I’ve had the same experience as this a few times but also a different one, where an eagle eyed friend was able to show me all the differences he’s seen against his gen sub, that’s whit the two in hand though, it really does depend on the person looking.

half the members here wouldn’t see the flaws if we didn’t have all these discussions on them (me included) until possibly I had spent some time with the watch which is where I start to notice things.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
[mention]muiramas [/mention] my LV arrives this afternoon! I can’t wait, my last two purchases were vintage builds (one of which is still being assembled.) I said to myself I’d not go near another new 6 digit again a few months ago, but this was too much to resist.

Last edited: