• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
You need one of these.

..essential kit for the rep WIS enthusiast horologist..

Ah ah, I use this...

20210122-204617.jpg

I also have a rubber ball, but this thing works better :D

Reactions: YellowFin

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Ah ah, I use this...

20210122-204617.jpg

I also have a rubber ball, but this thing works better :D

I've never seen that setup, that's a really good idea to prevent scratching. I have a version of the rolex case back tool modernclassic posted and I have had mine slip on occasion and scratch a case back here and there. I think the teeth on the attachments are not as deep, it definitely isn't a top of the line version.

Reactions: Mille M

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
When I started, I used a kitchen silicon mat :D
After a while I've bought the rubber ball and it works really well.

My "invention" works best because I have better grip with that handle.

Reactions: leo6929

Joelb727

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Irvine, CA
LN 1LQ (top); LV H7Z (bottom):
ZrFtDE.jpg

ZrF8s2.jpg

Quick measurement. I apologize that they are not the best pics.

I first purchased the LN a few weeks ago. The LN has the clasp code 1LQ. I was so impressed with the watch that I immediately purchased the LV.
Today I received the LV and it has the clasp code H7Z.

Based on these measurements, it appears as the entire bracelet and not just the clasps are slightly different.

Above, you will notice that the LN's 1LQ clasp is nearly 1mm smaller (width).
Also, the last link on both are different sizes... this time with the 1LQ LN approximately 0.5mm smaller (width).

Of course, this does not account for user error and the fact that I measured the LV with it's protective wrapping intact.

To my eyes, both watches look the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and Duckber

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
So I have been wearing this 126610LV for over 24hrs now, taking it off frequently to look at it and feel it as you do. I just put it down and picked up a 116610 and I'm shocked at how the 116610 now feels alien. It feels the way a 16610 felt after handling a 116610. It feels lees substantial, lighter, daintier.. now bear in mind the 116610 is a tank.. the 126610 makes it feel like a backwards step same as going from a 6-5 digit feels!

Well done Rolex, I love this thing! It's the new favorite watch, a very pleasant surprise. I'll need the LN now.

What a job VSF have done giving us such a superb built tank of a watch, words cannot describe the value for money here. Must be the best value-quality watch for the money - in the world (Clarkson voice).
ZrFvxL.jpg

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
ZrFtDE.jpg

ZrF8s2.jpg

Quick measurement. I apologize that they are not the best pics.

I first purchased the LN a few weeks ago. The LN has the clasp code 1LQ. I was so impressed with the watch that I immediately purchased the LV.
Today I received the LV and it has the clasp code H7Z.

Based on these measurements, it appears as the entire bracelet and not just the clasps are slightly different.

Above, you will notice that the LN's 1LQ clasp is nearly 1mm smaller (width).
Also, the last link on both are different sizes... this time with the 1LQ LN approximately 0.5mm smaller (width).

Of course, this does not account for user error and the fact that I measured the LV with it's protective wrapping intact.

To my eyes, both watches look the same.

Thank you, this is great information. Can you please take pictures of both watches particularly with close ups of the SELs? Looks like the lack of taper was not just on the prototype. It seems like when purchasing from a TD asking for 1LQ is a must.

Last edited:

Joelb727

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Irvine, CA
Thank you, this is great information. Can you please take pictures of both watches particularly with close ups of the SELs? Looks like the lack of taper was not just on the prototype. It seems like when purchasing from a TD asking for 1LQ is a must.

bd57b9dc4e6cf95abb37fce26ab1686a.jpg

4c73d018b9398c32c553e3ad64a4bc36.jpg

This is the LN 1LQ.

My LV pics won't be of help as I don't want to remove the plastic... My TD offered to swap this watch out for one that has the 1LQ bracelet as it was something specific that I asked for when ordering. He assured me that he had spoken to the factory and they stated that it was the newest batch and there was no difference. I took his word.

I told him that I would decide when I got it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
bd57b9dc4e6cf95abb37fce26ab1686a.jpg

4c73d018b9398c32c553e3ad64a4bc36.jpg

This is the LN 1LQ.

My LV pics won't be of help as I don't want to remove the plastic... My TD offered to swap this watch out for one that has the 1LQ bracelet as it was something specific that I asked for when ordering. He assured me that he had spoken to the factory and they stated that it was the newest batch and there was no difference. I took his word.

I told him that I would decide one I got it in.

Your SEL looks nicely recessed throughout the arc.

This confirms SEL recession, SEL sharpness, fit and finish, bracelet taper, and clasp have all been improved since inception of release.

Now it's like playing roulette hoping your TD gets you the right one. Hopefully the older batches get phased out quickly.

You've gotten a good model there. Shame about the other.

Last edited:

Joelb727

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Irvine, CA
Your SEL looks nicely recessed throughout the arc. You've gotten a good model there. Shame about the other.

I feel dumb for even considering exchanging this watch. It looks great... and we're talking 0.5mm - 1mm difference.

I only discovered reps this past holiday season because of my wife actually. I've owned and, subsequently, gifted several gen rolex and breitling watches over the years. I can tell you honestly, that I never once measured any of them. I just wore them and looked at them.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I feel dumb for even considering exchanging this watch. It looks great... and we're talking 0.5mm - 1mm difference.

I only discovered reps this past holiday season because of my wife actually. I've owned and, subsequently, gifted several gen rolex and breitling watches over the years. I can tell you honestly, that I never once measured any of them. I just wore them and looked at them.

Regardless of the imperfections they're stunning watches for the price, as long as you're happy with them that's all that matters. Good for you for doing your research and knowing what you want for just getting into the hobby!

alexcast

23/6/19

Fckbear has telemetric eyes hahahaha what a dutch is he

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Joelb727

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Irvine, CA
Regardless of the imperfections they're stunning watches for the price, as long as you're happy with them that's all that matters. Good for you for doing your research and knowing what you want for just getting into the hobby!

Duckber. Here are the pics you requested.

I maintain that on the wrist (at least for me) I can't tell or feel a difference.

LV with H7Z

113d2beb539e2f1e46c9107ff3897074.jpg

50bb941b61076ad931e5bda5e592726b.jpg

9488da726623cdd78cec08bd111f0176.jpg

028dd89354966b13e500c71553eb727f.jpg

11ed7f86a9db3b12f8bd5ae12c338672.jpg

Chickenhasse

Horology Curious
12/1/21
I
received this QC and noticed the Clasp code doesn't match VSF's clasp code. Could you guys take a look to see if what my dealer sent me is from VSF?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
I received this QC and noticed the Clasp code doesn't match VSF's clasp code. Could you guys take a look to see if what my dealer sent me is from VSF?

It matches the code of this one

http://trustytime.io/index.php?main_...ducts_id=21954

I don't think that's VSF on your picture

Who is your TD?

EDIT: btw that is from unknown factory which released them even before "green" factory's. Looks pretty pathetic compared to the price they were trying to charge.

Last edited:

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Never seen a T1G code but perhaps they released a third version of the bracelet. It would help if you can post SEL pic for us to see if there are any improvements there.

Chickenhasse

Horology Curious
12/1/21
It matches the code of this one

http://trustytime.io/index.php?main_...ducts_id=21954

I don't think that's VSF on your picture

Who is your TD?

EDIT: btw that is from unknown factory which released them even before "green" factory's. Looks pretty pathetic compared to the price they were trying to charge.

Nah that make us two then.

I have used a Swedish guy so Its been like a middlehand. But it’s pretty obvious so I’ve used him for the last time.

that link doesn’t work for me, do you have anything else?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Nah that make us two then.

I have used a Swedish guy so Its been like a middlehand. But it’s pretty obvious so I’ve used him for the last time.

that link doesn’t work for me, do you have anything else?

If you post a QC Pic of the watch, maybe folks here can help you with whether the watch head itself is from VSF or not.

​​​​​​