• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Really is a nice rep, like the feel and fit of the bigger specs. I do like the LN a tad bit better tho.
fd32b3aea5ea9995081cbbb866022575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
I think that your expectations are way too high for a rep watch. His unit is one of the best I've seen so far.

stufuse : Great comment, these are words of true wisdom.

Doesn't really answer my question though does it pal? And I also didn't dispute it not being a good example.

For your information, I wouldn't reject a watch for a minor alignment issue at the sel/lug so long as it wasn't too obvious to me. I've got many VSF's and am interested to see if they are improving the finish with each batch on this one.

Maybe you're better off keeping your hands away from your keyboard if you can't reply with something constructive.

Reactions: Therion666

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
My 2 cents: It is better than my 116610LV VSF in almost every aspect: Insert, dial, markers, and hands. Literally blew me away. .

Now I'm even more excited, mine should be here tomorrow. The VSF Hulk blew me away, if this is better then I might not make it through this, I'm still recovering from the LN..

Reactions: leo6929

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Now I'm even more excited, mine should be here tomorrow. The VSF Hulk blew me away, if this is better then I might not make it through this, I'm still recovering from the LN..

I'm not sure I would say it was better, but definitely on parity - which puts it in the same league. My first take was the bracelet edges were a bit sharper but after this easy fix there was nothing to complain about. I guess it comes down to whoever did the finishing in China. The clasp on my 116.. was a lot sharper than the 126.. for example...

ZrmET4.jpg

Arrived yesterday from Trusty.

Great pic! Shows just how good this one is.

Last edited:

MM070

26/6/18
Damnn VSF is getting me.. just received my DJ, but couldn’t resist the kermit zo its ordered just now ????

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Oh wow, thank you for posting those. That is exactly the way my SEL looks, it's recessed near the case but very close to flush near the end of the SEL on the lug end.

I'm not baiting with this at all, but Duckber what are your thoughts on this? My SEL looks just like the gens in the pics above, so it looks like there are variations even amongst the real thing. I know you're all for the complete SEL being recessed, but given that there are gens that have the same gradual transition, would this make the purchase any easier for you or are you holding out for a totally recessed SEL? Are there mods you can do to the SEL to achieve the look you want?

BTW, mine is and LN version with what we are calling a "first generation" H7Z clasp code. I think that is the wider of the two released clasps as well by half a mm if I recall correctly from like 40 pages ago?

So again, this not baiting or trying to incite arguments. I am replying to you since you asked, and this is just my opinion.

I agree with you, and you may not have noticed but I am one to also criticize Rolex for their lack of QC lately. Their rehauts, cyclops, and now their SELs are completely random. Yes there is variance in terms of SEL. I believe that those were in initial batches and have been phased out of production now. If I received one of those with bad SELs I'd be pretty annoyed knowing that others have received flawless SELs like these for the same amount of money:

ZroROo.png
ZroNjk.png
Zro7vD.png
Zrov6Y.png
ZrofdJ.jpg

These are gens with flawless SEL recession, and I think that the ones shown were from initial batches are not produced like that anymore. But if someone gets one with messed up SELs there's nothing you can do but bend over and take what Rolex gives you in today's climate, so what can you do really? They'd laugh at you and say it's part of QC tolerances and if you don't like it someone else will gladly take it.

I mean imagine getting this when those end links exist, as I posted this a couple times:

ZroSaW.jpg

I think modernclassic called himself something like a case and crown fanatic or something like that. I'm similar but for SELs. Those SELs look offputting to me, gen and rep alike. It's why I love my 116610 by VSF, they knocked it out the park. Midlink SEL is also very sharp. Even with recessed end links the mid links seem pretty soft and not sharp like on gen with VSF's 126.

Now again no one will ever call people out on these things, it's not a bad rep, but we all have tolerances for what we are okay and not okay with with flaws. I could let go of many things as flaws. But for ME personally, SELs are a standard that I think defines a luxurious Rolex watch. And I do have a feeling that VSF will eventually tighten up their SELs (still think this is more to do with their factory making them and will eventually be congruent much like their 116) so it's worth waiting for me.

It's like getting a tilted cyclops and showing gen Rolexes with tilted cyclops. It's like yeah, Rolex messed up too... but I'd like to avoid it if I can ya know? So for me it's worth waiting, as one thing I'd give VSF credit for is that they seem to be pushing silent updates constantly as time goes on. They already updated a handful of things without even stating a word. It also makes me hesitant to ever get a day one purchase for a VSF ever considering they push updates around the clock lol. It's been confirmed they are releasing the GMT's in half a year's time and I'll likely wait a few months after to pick up a Pepsi with all the after-release updates they do.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The more I look at the VSF 126610 and picture of the RF one, the more I believe the level of that middle hump of the SEL isn't high enough compared to the sides. I'll try to take some pictures of this tomorrow.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
The more I look at the VSF 126610 and picture of the RF one, the more I believe the level of that middle hump of the SEL isn't high enough compared to the sides. I'll try to take some pictures of this tomorrow.

Haha, don’t do it to yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Doesn't really answer my question though does it pal? And I also didn't dispute it not being a good example.

For your information, I wouldn't reject a watch for a minor alignment issue at the sel/lug so long as it wasn't too obvious to me. I've got many VSF's and am interested to see if they are improving the finish with each batch on this one.

Maybe you're better off keeping your hands away from your keyboard if you can't reply with something constructive.

I don't remember being your pal, you must have mistaken me for an actual pal of yours.

I often forget that it's 2021 and that people get "triggered" very easily and need safe spaces. Sorry for disturbing you and for causing you mental pain. I tried to save you the disappointment, I've obviously interpreted your words the wrong way. I hope you can forgive me some day. I'll try to be more constructive in the future and will stay away from my phone in case I don't have anything smart to say. I've learned my lesson, thank you. It's good to learn from experienced members like you. I'm blessed.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Tlbd careful. This is the worst when you expect it tomorrow and then it doesn't show up for a week.

It happened with my last delivery and I was watching my door constantly those 8 days. And I got it the Saturday before the holiday. The idea of missing a sat, Sunday and monday holiday was so frustrating. Thank God it came.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Haha, don’t do it to yourself!

I'm an engineer so I have no choice but tracking this theory down. Don't really care about the outcome so much, it's an amazing rep with very little room for improvement. Besides the whole accuracy topic, it's also a great watch with nice build quality, even compared to 3k gens.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Nice, I’m sure you will love it.

I should post this here, just for everyone's info. I received this from Li at Jtime when I asked if VSF was safe (and not raided):

VSF is fine, but Sorry to tell, VSF is closed for CNY holiday already from 2 days ago.
So if you place a new order now, it can only be fulfilled after CNY holiday around end of February.

Hopefully, a few of the TDs are stocked up.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I should post this here, just for everyone's info. I received this from Li at Jtime when I asked if VSF was safe (and not raided):

thanks for letting us know. I just emailed my TD to see if he could still get me VSF Yacht Master 42. He may have some in stock.

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

Guys, no TD have them in stock. If you can get one, it will be beginning of April or mid of April. If the factories open end of Feb,
they have to deal with police raids and also shipping will be delayed. Nothing is going on in the next 6 weeks.
It is every year the same. Good for the M2M sales section

Mark113811

4/8/20
My LV finally arrived after 18 days of agony LOL US postal sucks right now....

Overall it is very solid rep.

ZrU1vF.jpg

It's insane. Your rep looks like a gen. Best VSF 126610 example I saw on the internet. SELs are genlike. Where can I order a box like yours?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Guys, no TD have them in stock. If you can get one, it will be beginning of April or mid of April. If the factories open end of Feb,

are you talking about 126610 LN/LV or all VSF Rolex reps? I don’t see why they couldn’t get you one in March right after CNY. Factories will stay low but they should be open.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
It's insane. Your rep looks like a gen. Best VSF 126610 example I saw on the internet. SELs are genlike. Where can I order a box like yours?

I think I bought this one from eBay...just type "rolex box" and tons will show up. be careful though....there're lots of replica boxes sold as authentic on there. Not saying there's anything wrong with rep box but if you're looking for a gen. box, do some research and know what to look for before you pull the trigger. cheers~

Reactions: Mark113811