• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
I'm concerned about width and spacing on right

I think it looks good and don’t believe you’ve got anything to worry about.

One thing to remember is the angle it’s been photographed at and that the item has also been photographed in-hand (meaning gravity comes into play and can make the clasp/bracelet drop and look like it has more of a gap).
I’ve also noticed that the factory lighting is very intense which seems to cause reflections and light bend on metallic surfaces which can cause distortion to the shape of the watch.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
In case anyone's wondering what it looks like next to a BB58 blue. I kinda like the 58 more.. I've always hated green color on watches, but hoped that I could finally understand what it's all about...it didn't work :D I mean I like it inside, the bezel looks very dark shiny green. But in the sun...eeewww...

IMG-20210119-132122.jpg

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I just saw this add on Chrono24:

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/rolex...id17442609.htm

and you can actually see through gaps on SELs. Can you guys see gaps too if you hold it against a light source?

Personally those don't look like gaps but rather light reflecting off the edge of the case above the recessed end link. The bright light looks like clear space which gives the illusion of a gap. In another shot with the watch orientated on its side the light hits differently and you don't see what appear to be gaps anymore

You can also see the bright light I was talking about hitting this photo and why it would create the illusion of a gap once it hits the interior side of the case when it's flipped vertically

ZrHz33.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Personally those don't look like gaps but rather light reflecting off the edge of the case above the recessed end link. The bright light looks like clear space which gives the illusion of a gap. In another shot with the watch orientated on its side the light hits differently and you don't see what appear to be gaps anymore

ZrH2ik.png

ZrHACo.png

Don't know mate, looks pretty gappy to me.

You can find plenty gens with gaps and sels all over the place - stop worrying about things that do not matter and enjoy your pieces guys.

On the pics above: if this was a rep piece and not gen, it would never pass QC. Because is gen it's "acceptable".

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
ZrH2ik.png

ZrHACo.png

Don't know mate, looks pretty gappy to me.

You can find plenty gens with gaps and sels all over the place - stop worrying about things that do not matter and enjoy your pieces guys.

On the pics above: if this was a rep piece and not gen, it would never pass QC. Because is gen it's "acceptable".

Personally, I think this looks like light reflection. But to each their own. You can literally see the light source do the same thing when it's flipped horizontally.

ZrHQcb.png

I agree you can see gens with gaps, but I do not think this is an appropriate example of one of them.

To your second point, I wouldn't reject cause of this gen nor rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Looks great buddy. Plenty of gens with that same SEL...

Rolex-Submariner-126610-LN-5.jpg

4k-5f8e025a758ef04fe6a3ede5.jpg

4k-5f7e3c2c758ef04fe6a3e8dd.jpg

Oh wow, thank you for posting those. That is exactly the way my SEL looks, it's recessed near the case but very close to flush near the end of the SEL on the lug end.

I'm not baiting with this at all, but Duckber what are your thoughts on this? My SEL looks just like the gens in the pics above, so it looks like there are variations even amongst the real thing. I know you're all for the complete SEL being recessed, but given that there are gens that have the same gradual transition, would this make the purchase any easier for you or are you holding out for a totally recessed SEL? Are there mods you can do to the SEL to achieve the look you want?

BTW, mine is and LN version with what we are calling a "first generation" H7Z clasp code. I think that is the wider of the two released clasps as well by half a mm if I recall correctly from like 40 pages ago?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

It is 101% definitely a gap between the SEL and the case, top and bottom SEL... even the spring bar is visible.
ZrK4Q1.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: UnluckyXIII

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
No problem at all, clear greenlight! ]

The pic I posted above (with SEL gap) is genuine.. from the chrono24 link above... ..and it was to counter Duckbers remark that it was just a reflection(!). It's obviously a gap.

Last edited:

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
There are tolerances in milling, cutting, polishing - there is always going to be a margin of error. some SELs will be tighter, some loser.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
My SEL looks just like the gens in the pics above, so it looks like there are variations even amongst the real thing.

It may not even be a variation - could have been intentional. Look at the meth-head moment from R factory that was the SEL on the SD4k...

Rolex-Sea-dweller-116600-wristshot.jpg

Bottom line is there are plenty of gens which look just like yours!

Edit - And I like the SD4K. Best maxi case model IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: sukwonee