• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Duckber and rcom440 Yes, it's an H7Z, so bot really one of the latest. I wouldn't focus too much on that, I agree 100% with BiH855 that this is absolutely up to the guy finishing the part. Bought this one from Sead who always does a great QC for the watches in his UK stock!

Raddave I'd say the discussion has more or less returned to a normal level after several days of derailing to an unusually rough back an forth. I was also included and want to apologize for blowing this thread up with more nonsense than anyone needs, but I think we're all good now. :drinks_cheers:

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Thanks for the clasp code.

I'll be honest, the SELs here look really good from what I can tell. Pietros , can you take a couple of up close shots of your SELs? If you don't mind, also tell us your clasp code?

I’ll get a few closeup pics up later but I have to say I’m quite happy with the SEL recession. (H7Z from mid December).

In the hand, the only real tell is the finishing on the crown-I’ve only seen it mentioned once previously but it really does feel cheap on the inner and outer edges.
Probably easily remedied if I had the balls to take something abrasive to one of my watches.

The wind is as smooth as any of my gens and I managed 66 hours of PR on a full wind.

The AR is as poor/nonexistent as I’ve come to expect from Rolex themselves but the clarity, black hole effect and under-cyclops AR on this VSF crystal is excellent.

Overall, I can wear this out of the box, it looks great and keeps excellent time at around +4/day, the datewheel text is fine, the bracelet is comfortable and the clasp has the perfect feel and sound on opening/closing.

For a V1, this is a great example to other factories and should push them to keep raising the bar.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: tamomota

Comebackbaby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/20
This thread reached a point were a lot of people became frustrated by duckber, myself included. Insults are not the way but he derailed the thread completely, a lot of useful information just buried. there are complete pages on this thread, full of him going back and forth with other people and spreading non verified information. One thing is to have your point of view on things and other is to try to impose your opinion as an absolute truth. I'm not taking any side but this are my two cents as a side viewer.
​​​​​

He obviously needs to have his account suspended at a minimum.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I’ll get a few closeup pics up later but I have to say I’m quite happy with the SEL recession. (H7Z from mid December).

In the hand, the only real tell is the finishing on the crown-I’ve only seen it mentioned once previously but it really does feel cheap on the inner and outer edges.
Probably easily remedied if I had the balls to take something abrasive to one of my watches.

The wind is as smooth as any of my gens and I managed 66 hours of PR on a full wind.

The AR is as poor/nonexistent as I’ve come to expect from Rolex themselves but the clarity, black hole effect and under-cyclops AR on this VSF crystal is excellent.

Overall, I can wear this out of the box, it looks great and keeps excellent time at around +4/day, the datewheel text is fine, the bracelet is comfortable and the clasp has the perfect feel and sound on opening/closing.

For a V1, this is a great example to other factories and should push them to keep raising the bar.

Sent from the RWI App

Yes, when I have seen your photos the SELs did look good. Looking forward to the close up photos for sure. The lack of AR is also pretty certain at this point but that's not something I'm too bummed about. The AR on my PPF 5711 is really damn good, so if a factory like PPF can do it I'm sure VSF can eventually do it as well.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Have to agree, i've read about a third of the thread today and discussion is definitely getting calmer :D i'm glad YellowFin postet his pics and everyone agrees it's actually not bad right now.

I see peace from now on :D

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Yes, when I have seen your photos the SELs did look good. Looking forward to the close up photos for sure. The lack of AR is also pretty certain at this point but that's not something I'm too bummed about. The AR on my PPF 5711 is really damn good, so if a factory like PPF can do it I'm sure VSF can eventually do it as well.

I had hoped to have the gen by now but our UK lockdown has probably delayed things by a good few weeks-it will be the only way to make a sound judgement on AR, SEL recession etc.

Sent from the RWI App

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Read the entire thread in the past couple of days. Blatant trolling aside, lots of great information. Glad the discord has subsided and we're getting back to discussion and information updates.

Thanks to everyone that have kept the updates coming, I think I will order one of these this week. Any specific requests I should send to my TD? HZ7...?

Reactions: recan1ze

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Has anyone with the old bracelet has try to source a new bracelet? I wonder if the engraving, coronet and clasp action is different like on the old and new version of the 116xxx i compared.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
@Jayalvin Clasp action is up to tolerances and finishing. Every part will be different, there's no way VSF can bring this even close to 100% consistency.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Let’s see some More pics fellas, my LV is leaving China tomorrow. Let’s keep the peace too!

I bet people have had enough of bickering over physical world stuff, what with being forced in at home 24/7 during these troubled times, without logging on to their fave hobby forum to read a load of grown ups doing more of it over fake watches.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Has anyone with the old bracelet has try to source a new bracelet? I wonder if the engraving, coronet and clasp action is different like on the old and new version of the 116xxx i compared.

One of your differences was the sharpness of th SEL midlink.. I have 2 'new' ones and one has softer edges than the other and one has a tighter glide than the other so I suspect it's down to the individual bracelet how good it is. as Yellowfin says, consistency is not quite there.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
A few SEL shots-not the best camera work but these things are really difficult to capture correctly-the angle and lighting make a huge difference.
Watch is H7Z clasp code, QC from mid December and all 4 points are pretty similar.
IMG-9394.jpg

IMG-9395.jpg

IMG-9396.jpg

IMG-9397.jpg

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Both watches look excellent / very gen. Enjoy them guys and don’t overthink about sel or crystal! Tl

Reactions: Pietros

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
Mine received an update to its tracking today “Atherstone Intl DC, ITEM SCAN” hopefully a good sign that it should be with me by the end of the week (fingers crossed).

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Mine received an update to its tracking today “Atherstone Intl DC, ITEM SCAN” hopefully a good sign that it should be with me by the end of the week (fingers crossed).

edit.. just noticed you are in UK.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I have one sitting Houston awaiting transfer to USPS. Jan 18 is a mail holiday so that's setback.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I have one sitting Houston awaiting transfer to USPS. Jan 18 is a mail holiday so that's setback.

USPS is painfully slow these days. My 126610 is still in transit. Expected delivery day was Tuesday January 12th. I’m hoping it will arrive tomorrow but do they deliver on Jan 18th? I know it’s a federal holiday.
I’ve heard that they are still delivering Christmas packages.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
USPS is painfully slow these days. My 126610 is still in transit. Expected delivery day was Tuesday January 12th. I’m hoping it will arrive tomorrow but do they deliver on Jan 18th? I know it’s a federal holiday.
I’ve heard that they are still delivering Christmas packages.

18th is supposed to be a mail holiday. Keep us posted!