• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I’ve bought mine and It will be on Monday, how many have you bought? NONE

I’ve been reading all your bs for more than two months and it’s time to tell you, that if you don’t get one don’t talk about it.

So shut the fuck up

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I don't need to purchase to make comments there are viewed in plain sight. Keep me blocked child.

Ya me too. As far as the end links, I haven’t seen the VSF in person but on my gen they’re barely there, my least favorite part of the watch honestly. I love the pronounced end links of the 114 and 116. The watch appears more aggressive, but the other changes outweigh it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what's interesting is batch variation of Rolex too.

Check out these two gens and their SELs!

Z8rgcs.jpg
Z8rc43.jpg

One is completely flush and one is actually pretty good! Not 116 level but yeah. There is also another poster here who took pictures of his visit at an AD and showed two Sub 41mms with different end link recession... so there's some big time variance. I can't find his post though. And I agree with you; even though I love almost everything about the 126, I'm not sure why they dialed the SEL back. Probably something to add back in 2030? :p

Can you take a pic of your gen? Would be interesting to see!

Last edited:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
The first 2 pics are in the same room same light, last is a different room with different lighting.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Yeah the SEL isn't deep like the 116. But at least all four sides are even and the recession is constant throughout each arc. It's a stunning watch mate!

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Yeah the SEL isn't deep like the 116. But at least all four sides are even and the recession is constant throughout each arc. It's a stunning watch mate!

Thanks I really love it, it’s my first gen Rolex. The tolerances are crazy tight. Those VSF subs look real nice though. I had one on the list until I lucked out. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Reactions: stufuse and Duckber

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
For me crystal is good but only in house or low light conditions. Soon as sunlight hits you can tell crystal is not gen

Funny. I have a vsf 116619 that actually came today and I'm here thinking the same thing.

Not so much about outside for me as I haven't even had a chance to take it outside yet today but I've been looking at it and somethibg is off. It's subtle and if you're not familiar enough with Rolex in hand, you wouldn't notice. But if you do know how a Rolex should look, then you know something is off.

I'm 90% sure the problem is the cyclops. But I get exactly what you're saying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Get2thechopper

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
The end link recession still needs work I am afraid. Once/if VSF works on this I'll be all over it. I can live with the other flaws but I'm a SEL lover

+1

if only the sel follows the same curvature as the lugs i would be happy, no matter how much of recession.. the rest of the watch is really good work, just for the movement alone it's worth buying the watch. hard to hold back..

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
did he really say that ?

Yeah he's been hostile towards me for a while just for having a different opinion than him.

+1

if only the sel follows the same curvature as the lugs i would be happy, no matter how much of recession.. the rest of the watch is really good work, just for the movement alone it's worth buying the watch. hard to hold back..

Thanks for seeing what I see, this isn't something you need to purchase to make a comment on...

Last edited:

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Thanks for seeing what I see, this isn't something you need to purchase to make a comment on...

Yes unfortunately one of the first thing i look at.. for lug or cg differences you have to be an expert to see, but bracelet fit is obvious, unfortunately seems somehow hard for most rep factories to get right. Am even thinking of trying to source a green and noob bracelet and look if the endlinks fit better.. did someone already measure them in the other threads??

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckber

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The SEL fit is up to variation, I was halfway lucky with mine (just two quick shots with my phone below). Always keep in mind that R factory has variations as well. Not in the curvature matching the lugs, but in the depth of the recess. Don't overthink it and enjoy this awesome rep. If you have a good connection to your regular TD, he'll probably go through some watches to help you find a good one as long as you're open on this point beforehand.

Z8CfP3.jpg

Z8CFSs.jpg

Last edited:

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
The SEL fit is up to variation, I was halfway lucky with mine (just two quick shots with my phone below). Always keep in mind that R factory has variations as well. Not in the curvature matching the lugs, but in the depth of the recess. Don't overthink it and enjoy this awesome rep. If you have a good connection to your regular TD, he'll probably go through some watches to help you find a good one as long as you're open on this point beforehand.

Z8CfP3.jpg

Z8CFSs.jpg

thanks for the pics and you got really good example, the sel follows almost perfectly the lug curvature ! Seems like a matter of luck then, how good the polishing job was done be the worker, a little bit more on the upper right lug and it would be perfect, but that can be modded if needed. won't get much better ootb than yours i think

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
also have to say, 1 or 2 years ago we had to fight with SEL gaps from most factories, that's meanwhile history, didn't see any SEL gap from VSF that gen wouldn't have either

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Z8CfP3.jpg

Z8CFSs.jpg

That's honestly not too shabby. And I'm assuming the two SELs on the 6 o clock side is similar? One side is still a bit more lopsided than the other but this is still not bad and the best I've seen so far. Can I ask when you placed your order? I'm curious if they have just gotten better with the new rep or if it really is random.

What's interesting is that there doesn't seem to be random variation in the 116110 by them. Every rep in the 116 thread shows good SEL fitment in all four sides on every watch posted there. But it seems to be random here. Different factory producing their bracelet? Regardless, I think this will be sorted out eventually and the SEL will be consistent in six months to a year and be up there with the 116. I think they're just sorting things out and will get tighter tolerances eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiH855

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

Z8CfP3.jpg

Z8CFSs.jpg

When did you buy it? Is that H7Z?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
did he really say that ?

This thread reached a point were a lot of people became frustrated by duckber, myself included. Insults are not the way but he derailed the thread completely, a lot of useful information just buried. there are complete pages on this thread, full of him going back and forth with other people and spreading non verified information. One thing is to have your point of view on things and other is to try to impose your opinion as an absolute truth. I'm not taking any side but this are my two cents as a side viewer.
​​​​​

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
This thread reached a point were a lot of people became frustrated by duckber, myself included. Insults are not the way but he derailed the thread completely, a lot of useful information just buried. there are complete pages on this thread, full of him going back and forth with other people and spreading non verified information. One thing is to have your point of view on things and other is to try to impose your opinion as an absolute truth. I'm not taking any side but this are my two cents as a side viewer.
​​​​​

Except I haven't "derailed" anything except for giving my opinion which has been backed up by photographic evidence and people who handled the rep and gen who can corroborate my claims? How are people who handle the rep in person stating what I am saying not verifiable? Not only that, but VSF has actually updated a few of my criticisms with later batches. Something I brought up to you multiple times that you conveniently ignored. Is that not considered "verifiable" by your definition? So what's the issue? Let's not also forget that you've been doing the same thing criticizing other watches on these forums like ZZF and Noob, models you have not actually handled in real life but are criticizing claiming they're worse than VSF, which is will within your rights to do but I suppose that's okay to be hypocritical as long as it's not VSF eh?

Let's take one of my favorite posters here, KJ2020 with a detailed post on the new ROF and its criticisms: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...83#post9572683

A watch he has yet to handle but has given well received advice by judging photos. According to your own philosophy, this is not allowed. Yet you've broken this rule all the time?

You also state: "One thing is to have your point of view on things and other is to try to impose your opinion as an absolute truth"

Ooooh, this is a good one. Please, show me any post of mine where I claim my post is the absolute truth and harassed others for feeling differently? Have I chastised anyone with vitriolic comments for disagreeing with me? If so, please provide proof because that is one WILD accusation. But you won't, cause you slander me and then ignore me when I continuously ask you to provide proof. You also said I "twisted people's comments" to fit my agenda and have yet to elaborate what my agenda is or what I have twisted out of context.

I'm not taking any side but this are my two cents as a side viewer.

This is hilarious nonsense, you've been clearly taking a side by calling me and idiot, slandering me and misconstruing my opinions and arguments simply because I have objective criticisms of VSF, a factory that for some reason you seem biased for. If you continue to slander me on these forums for having a different opinion than you as "imposing an absolute truth" I'd really like for you to back up such a heinous claim. Please show the posts where I harassed others for thinking differently and gave off a manner of "imposing"?

Newsflash, having a different opinion than you is not imposing.

But you'll conveniently ignore this while you always do.

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
​​​​​

I agree. I speak for myself (and I’m sure a few others) that sometimes it’s easy to lose your temper and be rude or try to say things you know others won’t like. I feel as though Duckbear’s stubbornness has improved over his time spent here and he’s tried to be less annoying and offensive. He’s actually requested advise and provided help in other threads in a polite manner.

Generally speaking I think everyone needs to just hit the “reset button” and try to do one simple thing: RESPECT ONE ANOTHER. Too many shitty things going on in the world now to taint a watch forum that people utilize for both information and as a pass time with such negativity and hostility. It’s all about respect.