• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru I'm sure the reflections you're seeing on the subs are from missing top side AR which should also be present on a gen 126610.

The reflections show that the reps do not have any kind of AR layer. I talked to my AD today and he confirmed that the new 2020 SUBs have 1 layer of AR on the inner side
of the crystal which is colorless. That are great news. Finally Rolex found the way to AR. 1 layer of inside AR is much better then coating the outside. I am wondering how the Rep Fabs will implement this 1 layer colorless AR. To get it colorless is not such an easy process. Before it gets blue or brown I would rather have no AR on it. Let‘ wait and see what happens in the next month.

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The reflections show that the reps do not have any kind of AR layer. I talked to my AD today and he confirmed that the new 2020 SUBs have 1 layer of AR on the inner side
of the crystal which is colorless. That are great news. Finally Rolex found the way to AR. 1 layer of inside AR is much better then coating the outside. I am wondering how the Rep Fabs will implement this 1 layer colorless AR. To get it colorless is not such an easy process. Before it gets blue or brown I would rather have no AR on it. Let‘ wait and see what happens in the next month.

Your voice of reason is a breath of fresh air

Hopefully fatarms won't tell you to open up the case with an essay on dial reflection

Clarity is not the same as AR coating. The clarity on my vsf 116610 is fantastic but no one is stating there's AR there.

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
My YM 42, from VSF, has inner AR.
Can't see why the 126610 does not...

When my 126610LV arrives (I'm hoping next week) I'll do a proper test and compare it to the Yachtmaster.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
My YM 42, from VSF, has inner AR.
Can't see why the 126610 does not...

When my 126610LV arrives (I'm hoping next week) I'll do a proper test and compare it to the Yachtmaster.

Pardon my interruption, but the gen YM42 by Rolex does not have AR coating as far as I am lead to believe. I guess VSF wanted to beat them at their own game?

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
The ARF SD43 has this layer of colourless AR too on the backside.
I know it because I scratched it while deinstalling in the past!!!

Again, there is a Layer on the VSF too!!! Pop the Crystal of than u can see it!!

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The ARF SD43 has this layer of colourless AR too on the backside.
I know it because I scratched it while deinstalling in the past!!!

Again, there is a Layer on the VSF too!!! Pop the Crystal of than u can see it!!

So I was always under the impression that there is an ever so SLIGHT amount of AR coating on Rolex watches, just not enough for whatver reason. I mentioned that earlier and was responded with a statement from a few that no, the new generation 41mm Rolex has AR coating for the first time. I said this is not within my realm of extensive research so I accepted that answer.

If your ARF SD43 has AR coating (not saying it doesn't) -- this means they are replicating Rolex's bit of AR coating, and that means that yes, Rolex has had a dab of AR coating all along and my initial premise was correct.

Or, ARF and other rep factories are for some reason adding needless costs to their production for some reason and are adding AR coating when the gen has none.

Which is it?

Last edited:

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
My Gen SD43 crystal has no AR Layer on the backside and all my other Gen Crystals, the Rep Crystal on SD43 does.

So it's right that it is introduce by rolex on the 2020 models.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
My Gen SD43 crystal has no AR Layer on the backside and all my other Gen Crystals, the Rep Crystal on SD43 does.

So it's right that it is introduce by rolex on the 2020 models.

Huh, that's fascinating. So rep crystals have AR while Rollies don't... bizarre!

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

I am confused because AR coating (inner) has been done by rep factories for awhile, no? Most Panerai reps come with colorless AR underneath the crystal I thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcom440

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

Colorless AR is an additional $10 on Crystaltimes AR crystals.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I am confused because AR coating (inner) has been done by rep factories for awhile, no? Most Panerai reps come with colorless AR underneath the crystal I thought.

I havn‘t seen any Pam with colorless AR, but I am not a Pam guy. So if it exists, great and I learned something. All crystals I have seen with colorless AR had a light blue hue. .During my AR time, colorless was only possible on mineral crystals. But it could be that times have changed.

Reactions: sukwonee

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

Yes VSF puts ARl underneath on some of their Pam submersibles. They been going it for around a year now. I can bet vsf Rolex subs also have AR underneath the crystal.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Question to those who have both 116 and 126: do you see a difference in AR/overall crystal quality?

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Yes VSF puts ARl underneath on some of their Pam submersibles. They been going it for around a year now. I can bet vsf Rolex subs also have AR underneath the crystal.

And the VSF Omegas have double side AR.
My seamaster’s have amazing crystals.
My VSF PAM 1663 also has a very good crystal, and the VSF Yachtmaster has the best rep Rolex crystal I’ve ever seen.

Because of all this, I also have high hopes for the Kermit.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
If Guru says there no AR, I'm inclined to believe it. My first reaction was that it didn't but I'm torn because the dial does have a great clarity.

But the Chanel above looks lie a 2x AR or good AR to the outside - Looks just like my Sinn 103.

Here's a couple of Tim Mosso Video which show the crystal really well - with plenty of glare!

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
I'm inclined to believe guru as well since he's worked with AR. However, the still frame above looks just about identical to the gen 116710 crystal I have installed on my rep watch. Again, I'm going based on a picture here, but my crystal has no underside AR and the gen 126610 pictured above does have it. It's definitely a mystery...