• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
muiramas i think gen 126610 may also have sharp edges. I remember Archieluxury was complaining in one of his Live vid that his gen 126610 LN has sharp edges.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
It's that the VRF Pepsi Max on the far right?

GMF

muiramas i think gen 126610 may also have sharp edges. I remember Archieluxury was complaining in one of his Live vid that his gen 126610 LN has sharp edges.

I don’t mean round everything off! Just taking any sharp edges off the clasp / edge of the bracelet - which is a very minor intervention. I think modern classic mentioned a test of ‘shaving a fingernail’ as a measure, which I liked. The edges of a bracelet shouldn’t be sharp enough to do that. Most reps have this problem.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
cabrone-bergeon-n2290-3-in-1.jpg

My wife uses a similar product, but I don't think Bergeon sells this for €0,99. :p

Last edited:

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Some pics with its colourful siblings, and the Bergeon stick y'all should be getting to give your watches that nicer feeling.

A few questions:

How do you like the Tudor? My TD never has them in stock to handle and I keep reading they are good value for the money.

Which watch do you think you will be wearing most?

I have the VSF Hulk also and find myself always wearing it most out of my collection (2 Gen’s + 3 Reps). I’m even thinking of buying a second VSF Hulk since Clean factory announced the ZZF takeover and Im concerned they will not source parts as they did in the past (this is purely my own speculation but I’ve seen others share this same concern on the open thread).

I’m dying for a GMT, the pics you took look great, how has your GMT fared so far in terms of quality? Would you still recommend the same factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
A few questions:

How do you like the Tudor? My TD never has them in stock to handle and I keep reading they are good value for the money.

Assume you mean AD! They are sensational value for money. Even if you had an extra £2,000 to spend you would have a tough time in finding a more wearable, better looking and better specced watch. It’s a better Submariner than the Submariner in my opinion. Modern Rolex is a bit bling.

Which watch do you think you will be wearing most?

See above - BB58 - easy.

I’m dying for a GMT, the pics you took look great, how has your GMT fared so far in terms of quality? Would you still recommend the same factory?

The bezel is a bit bright. I’d get the new VRF now - the bezel colour is still wrong, but better. You’ll need a new date wheel for it though. I got the GMF in June 2019. It’s a fun piece but as you can imagine it can get a lot of attention which I don’t like.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks for the Bergeon tip, I'll order one. There are a couple of things that everyone has right now that I used on a ZZF and an ARF oyster, ghetto but it works..probably not as effective and takes longer than the correct tool though, but much quicker than the post man... - your leg, with jeans on, rub the sides up and down your thigh to take the worst of the burrs off (don't use your new jeans), I also use my belt too, a nice thick bit of leather, rub away..works great. A little bit of jewellers rouge on the leather will help too if you have any.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
With 72 hours, 126XXX was interesting to me. But I don't think it has as flawless quality as 116XXX vsf. So my preference will be VSF 116610LN.

I don’t think we can say ‘flawless quality’ when talking about the 116610 rep. There were a few things wrong with it.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I got mine today and overall, it is very well built- solid, nice and heavy. It almost has that gen feel to it, really impressed with it. Lugs are fine and so is the bracelet. Clasp and clasp action is good. Bezel works fine, just like muiramas said, it is wrapped in a lot of plastic, so beware and carefully remove it, mine also had some plastic pinched in the bezel due to which it felt coarse but after removing it, it works just fine. Would give it 9/9.5 out of 10.

Reactions: saucin

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
[mention]muiramas [/mention] Nice one for the updates as you went along. I’m glad you like it, I think I’ll Order this one too as it looks great. For me it’s better than the 116610 rep. I may be one of the only people who didn’t like it

wished they’d get the lume right on the hands From all the pics it looks like the dial plot lume is nice and grainy and the hand lume is smooth

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
See that double locking clasp, the gap above the crown is not straight/parallel. Didn't quite pay attention to it until I saw that Youku video that someone posted, so maybe mine is the batch with the older clasp.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
[mention]muiramas [/mention] Nice one for the updates as you went along. I’m glad you like it, I think I’ll Order this one too as it looks great. For me it’s better than the 116610 rep. I may be one of the only people who didn’t like it

wished they’d get the lume right on the hands From all the pics it looks like the dial plot lume is nice and grainy and the hand lume is smooth

Had the same feelings, but in real life, the lume is not much of a problem

Reactions: stufuse

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
See that double locking clasp, the gap above the crown is not straight/parallel. Didn't quite pay attention to it until I saw that Youku video that someone posted, so maybe mine is the batch with the older clasp.

A genuine clasp after some use will look the exact same.

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
A genuine clasp after some use will look the exact same.

Not really. If it's properly shaped, and secured properly, the gap will always remain the same. To be fair if I didn't see the video I wouldn't have noticed it. It's negligible, only looks magnified on our screens. In reality nobody can pick it up and call you out based on this tiny detail.

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Damn you're pointing out details I don't notice! I think it's fine. On macro probably looks a bit coarse. I'm super OCD with a lot of things but these tiny details really shouldn't bother you- nobody is gonna physically handle your watch and pick it apart. Even if they do, unless they've got a gen or a loupe, it will pass as a gen to 95% of the people who handle it.

dragon07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/20
I don’t think we can say ‘flawless quality’ when talking about the 116610 rep. There were a few things wrong with it.

Perfect for me. I don't see a problem for VSF 116XXXLN. 126XXX is very new and I think a V2 version is needed. So I'll buy a 116XXXLN

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Perfect for me. I don't see a problem for VSF 116XXXLN. 126XXX is very new and I think a V2 version is needed. So I'll buy a 116XXXLN

That’s fair enough, each to their own and all that.

For me there needs to be a v2 for the 116xxx

I will say I thought the overall build quality of my LN vsf 116610 was good very for sure, Better than any of the reps I’ve had and over the ZZF. That said preferred the aesthetic of the ZZF V3 in the dial hands and DW over the VSF. I don’t care too much for the case difference but I could appreciate the case was a better shape if compared to gen.

This 126 however seems to be OTB acceptable in every way for me.

Reactions: rcom440 and domiffm

TimeTable

Looking Around
4/1/21
Has anyone done a tear-down of the VS3235? The gen movement has some very significant changes from its 3135 predecessor to give it its insanely long power reserve.

Reactions: iang27