• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Now it’s flat, it doesn’t rock and feels and sounds much better. Still some back play, but I’m not sure I’ve ever had a watch which didn’t?

I’ll have a look under lights tomorrow. The thing with AR under the crystal is it doesn’t really do much! My Sinn UX has AR under the sapphire - maybe there’s a 10-15% reduction in glare. I also have a Sinn 103 with double AR on top and there’s probably an 80% reduction. There’s plenty of glare on the gen - Watchbox have a good video showing this, so I’m not sure it’s a huge issue either way.

The AR under the crystal is to deter the shiny dial and underside of the crystal from reflecting back and forth like mirrors. It doesn't make a lot of difference in the outside of the crystal in terms of clarity, but allows for more clear viewing of the dial in bright light situations. Hope I explained that somewhat well...

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Has anyone noticed that the crystal magnification is just ever so slightly off. It’s not magnified enough.
317afa2f4b6222c8351b9263462f1f4d.jpg

4d4b340a1662aa490b0232aacd00a58d.jpg
anyone else ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Has anyone noticed that the crystal magnification is just ever so slightly off. It’s not magnified enough. anyone else ??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a comparison with gen. doesn't seem too off imo?
Z91Xup.jpg

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Did a comparison with gen. doesn't seem too off imo?
Z91Xup.jpg

Didn't see the gen underfooting on the right for a moment, thought the right one to be rep and said to myself(while comparing the to left one that is actually rep) -yeah, VS did a good job..

Last edited:
Reactions: XpanzerX

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The AR under the crystal is to deter the shiny dial and underside of the crystal from reflecting back and forth like mirrors. It doesn't make a lot of difference in the outside of the crystal in terms of clarity, but allows for more clear viewing of the dial in bright light situations. Hope I explained that somewhat well...

Makes perfect sense. Thank you. The dial does seem glossier than on the 116610. Maybe this is the result of the AR, and also explains why the crystal often seems just as reflective as before in images and video (gen).

Reactions: Jayalvin777

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Yours also 1LQ?
Everyone else has a H7Z.
I guess it might be a new clasp.

Let's hope the quality is the same/better.

Cheers

Did u mean u suspect H7Z is newer, or 1LQ is newer?
Got my QC 17 Dec and I have H7Z clasp

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
I think 1LQ is newer, because all the others have the H7Z.

I recall a Youku video (in this thread I believe) saying that the clasp was already updated once by VSF. And now looking back at my VSF, the gaps don't seem quite as straight as they can be. Will take a pic later.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
So the I sized the bracelet this morning. No problem with the screws being stuck/stiff. It's important to only use the right driver for this - I have no idea the grade of steel the factories use, but it can be rather soft. The correct driver is a 1.6mm hollow ground. If it's not hollow ground you risk butterflying the screwface which is ugly. I Loctite-d all the screws when I was done (243).

I spent a couple of hours going over the bracelet and clasp with a Bergeon buff stick while watching TV last night. IMO, using one of these is a must for any rep - they are perfect for 'rubbing out' any sharp edges and it won't mess up your watch - it's a really gentle process. I'll add that I needed to do this to the VSF 116610 as well as some edges on the clasp were seriously sharp. Refining the bracelet/clasp is not monolithic to this watch. I actually found the finishing on this clasp a little better than the 116610.

So as an update, to my post yesterday, once I pulled out all the bits of wrapping from under the bezel and SEL, and some easy TLC, it's a cracking rep. The winding of the movement is a offers more resistance than the VS3135, which I understand is normal, but it's just as smooth. In wearing it, the wider bracelet makes sense - it makes the watch less top-heavy, and less likely to capsize if you are wearing it loose. I still have to get used to the look of it though.

Would definitely recommend this one.

Some pics with its colourful siblings, and the Bergeon stick y'all should be getting to give your watches that nicer feeling.

IMG-4166.jpg

IMG-4167.jpg

cabrone-bergeon-n2290-3-in-1.jpg

Last edited:

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
muiramas
would you be so kind and classify the following watches in your photos:
BB58 blue - ZF?
Hulk - VSF?
thanks a bunch!

p.s. Sorry, I just noticed you already mentioned the Hulk to be VSF.

Last edited: