• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Just got mine. I’m off out now but a quick pic with some quick thoughts. I’ll try and find time later to size it.

IMG-4160.jpg

Nice shot of the pair. Great feedback too, seems to be a consensus developing.

Reactions: YellowFin

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Just got mine. I’m off out now but a quick pic with some quick thoughts. I’ll try and find time later to size it.

The first impression, I would say is it's not quite at their 116610 level. There are a few edges on the bracelet which are sharper. For context, the VSF 116610 is probably the best Rolex rep ever, so the bar was set very high. I think anyone who has the VSF 116610 would feel the same. You'll need to get a Bergeon stick to rub off the sharpness - it's easily done, so no biggy really. Crown is sharp - but so is it on the 116610.

Bracelet and clasp are solid and fit well with no play. IMO, it's in a completely different league to the Noob v6/7 though. The bracelet squeaks! Needs a bit of lubrication.

Bezel, there’s a tiny bit of vertical play. It rocks slightly. Not enough to worry about. Action is quite coarse/ratchety vs the 116610, good for a rep, just not at the same standard as I was hoping for. It has half a second of back play.

Crystal - does not have an underside AR. Cyclops is good.

SEL - I don't have gen to compare it with now, but it does not look bad. The curvature of the SEL is parallel with the lugs. What can happen on VSF is the bracelets are wrapped in film before they are fitted, and it can be necessary to remove the bracelet to remove some film which gets torn and trapped between the SEL and the case.

Overall - good. Value for money? In the context of the market, it's fair - but when compared with its older and cheaper VSF sibling, not really. I put this as an indication of just how good the 116610 is though - not that this one is bad.

Finally, on the watch itself and not considering it as a rep, no getting away from it - the Hulk is prettier - it's a nicer watch. I'm not sure I'd say the newer 126610 is nicer. The problem of thinner lugs seems to have been replaced with a chunkier bracelet. Like a woman with a pretty face but fat legs. Maybe it will grow on me.

IMG-4160.jpg

I love how we always bicker and you come around to echoing what I say eventually. Genuinely speaking however I appreciate the objective review though! I think if you felt the gen in person you'd warm up to it quicker, cause this version by VSF is not well representative of the gen.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
This is yet another example of you taking something someone says and twisting it out of context to suit your agenda. Most of what you said was crap. It still is.

My "agenda"? LOL the cognitive dissonance is thick.

You literally said everything I criticized about the watch sans the lug profile but I'll respectfully not get into that. But hey, sure, you can feel that way if you want. It's your watch pal.

Last edited:

dragon07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/20
I'll pull the trigger for LN. Should I get 116XXX or 126XXX? Which one is the best gen representative right now?

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Fyi:
I Tried gen 126610lv/124060 in a Rolex AD here in Italy before christmas..
I was owner of gen Rolexs 114060, 16610 and i own gen 116610lv.
i had a lot of subs rep(noob, jf, arf, zzf) so i know what to watch out when i have watches in my hands...
The gen feeling is the same as a new Rolex old 6 digit but little bit more balaced on the wirst due to the maxi clasp and bracelet.
The sels were different on both, really.
The 126610lv had perfect slight recessed sels exactly as a gen sd43.
The 124060 has 12 oclock sel not recessed.
I think a qc problem but it was 100% gen and new.
Both Didn't have aligned bezels at 12 oclock.
I'm waiting my vsf 126610ln from JTime so i can say if the overall quality is same as gen or not but from 400€ watch i can't expect the exactly gen feeling.
Watching the pictures i can say that vsf did an incredible job as first batch, unbelievable!
Same opinion from 2 friends of mine (one is a famous modder here) who also tried gens 126610 in a Rolex AD and the respose after got the vsf was: "mate, it doesn't need any mods, it's stunning).
They know rep and gens quite well.
That's my partial experience.
i'll add my comment once i get the vsf.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Fyi:
I Tried gen 126610lv/124060 in a Rolex AD here in Italy before christmas..
I was owner of gen Rolexs 114060, 16610 and i own gen 116610lv.
i had a lot of subs rep(noob, jf, arf, zzf) so i know what to watch out when i have watches in my hands...
The gen feeling is the same as a new Rolex old 6 digit but little bit more balaced on the wirst due to the maxi clasp and bracelet.
The sels were different on both, really.
The 126610lv had perfect slight recessed sels exactly as a gen sd43.
The 124060 has 12 oclock sel not recessed.
I think a qc problem but it was 100% gen and new.
Both Didn't have aligned bezels at 12 oclock.
I'm waiting my vsf 126610ln from JTime so i can say if the overall quality is same as gen or not but from 400€ watch i can't expect the exactly gen feeling.
Watching the pictures i can say that vsf did an incredible job as first batch, unbelievable!
Same opinion from 2 friends of mine (one is a famous modder here) who also tried gens 126610 in a Rolex AD and the respose after got the vsf was: "mate, it doesn't need any mods, it's stunning).
They know rep and gens quite well.
That's my partial experience.
i'll add my comment once i get the vsf.

Yep SEL varation is definitely a thing from batch to batch on the Rolex unfortunately. It must be frustrating waiting for the call and finally getting the watch you've been waiting for just to see shit SELs

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/17
EU
I found the pics of the watches that i tried!
The 124060 had 6 o'clock sel off(i remembered 12 o'clock).
You can clearly see it.
3a656164a054c8a937baab4bf7566578.jpg

Reactions: Sidhu6355

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

The first impression, I would say is it's not quite at their 116610 level. There are a few edges on the bracelet which are sharper. For context, the VSF 116610 is probably the best Rolex rep ever, so the bar was set very high. I think anyone who has the VSF 116610 would feel the same. You'll need to get a Bergeon stick to rub off the sharpness - it's easily done, so no biggy really. Crown is sharp - but so is it on the 116610.

Bracelet and clasp are solid and fit well with no play. IMO, it's in a completely different league to the Noob v6/7 though. The bracelet squeaks! Needs a bit of lubrication.

Bezel, there’s a tiny bit of vertical play. It rocks slightly. Not enough to worry about. Action is quite coarse/ratchety vs the 116610, good for a rep, just not at the same standard as I was hoping for. It has half a second of back play.

Crystal - does not have an underside AR. Cyclops is good.

SEL - I don't have gen to compare it with now, but it does not look bad. The curvature of the SEL is parallel with the lugs. What can happen on VSF is the bracelets are wrapped in film before they are fitted, and it can be necessary to remove the bracelet to remove some film which gets torn and trapped between the SEL and the case.

Overall - good. Value for money? In the context of the market, it's fair - but when compared with its older and cheaper VSF sibling, not really. I put this as an indication of just how good the 116610 is though - not that this one is bad.

Finally, on the watch itself and not considering it as a rep, no getting away from it - the Hulk is prettier - it's a nicer watch. I'm not sure I'd say the newer 126610 is nicer. The problem of thinner lugs seems to have been replaced with a chunkier bracelet. Like a woman with a pretty face but fat legs. Maybe it will grow on me.

IMG-4160.jpg

Good review by someone who knows what they are looking at. I agree the VSF 116610 is probably the best Rolex rep ever, I spotted that right away. I won’t bother with a 12 series, the wide non taper bracelet is horrible.. can only blame Rolex for that though.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
I have the LN model on the way.

Funny story about how I got it... I sent Mary (TD over at RWG) am email entitled latest VSF 116610. My plan was to buy a gen crystal and date wheel from Sub007 fire it. She ended up sending the QC pics, I checked the rehaut because I saw that a a main issue and it was perfect. Mary's QC is amongst the best, so I just assumed everything was all good. Best 116610 from VSF I'd seen. Gave the rest of the pics a once over and approved.

Next day I mentioned in the VSF 116610 thread that my rehaut was perfect in QC, then someone asked for pics. Long story short, someone says uhhh you know that's a 126610, right? I completely missed everything because I was so focused on the rehaut. I'm actually looking forward to it after reading this thread.

If the alignment of the rehaut of the 116610 is an issue for you (which is for me, too) you should know, that especially the last numer of the serial number of the 126610 model is misligned, too. Not that much noticeable like on the 116610 (because the one flaw is at 12o clock position -more noticeable- the other ar the 6 o clock position -less noticeable- burßt anyway. I cant understand why they manage to build very very very good ootb subs but cant handle a proper aligned rehaut which could be the most easy job to do.

Reactions: Thrasher

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Good review by someone who knows what they are looking at. I agree the VSF 116610 is probably the best Rolex rep ever, I spotted that right away. I won’t bother with a 12 series, the wide non taper bracelet is horrible.. can only blame Rolex for that though.

Thanks. The taper is there, but IMO it is not enough. The Sea Dweller bracelet tapers from 22mm to 17mm - I think this is much more attractive.

I've just given it a clean - some washing up liquid and hot water with a soft brush fixed the squeaky bracelet - I think there was some sticker funk on it.

I've also looked at the bezel. So it turns out that some of the protective film had been dragged into one of the clicks which lifted it and jammed it giving it a coarser feel. Thats fixed now and feeling very good. VSF put a lot of wrapping on their watches, and it's easy for it to pinched between parts.

I think once I rub out the crisper edges on the bracelet, there will be nothing between this and the 116610 in terms of finish.

I'll come back tomorrow once its sized and update.

But yeah, overall I'm happy with it!

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Has anyone noticed that the crystal magnification is just ever so slightly off. It’s not magnified enough.
317afa2f4b6222c8351b9263462f1f4d.jpg

4d4b340a1662aa490b0232aacd00a58d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Duckber