• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
If that makes you feel better, sure.
In contrast to many other users, I'm not in love with any factory. Couldn't care less to be honest, if Banana Factory comes up with the best 124060 I'll buy it. However, the pics posted of the VSF so far show nothing but a fully foiled watch snapped with a wide angle potato cam.

ZoQiZJ.gif

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Awesome game rep by VSF!

A side point : lovely if they can rep AP Roo with a non working chrono that gives a slim caseback ... perhaps they will dominate the AP models hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
In my opinion VSF may have rushed the process a little bit to be the first (big name) factory out with the 2020 models to rake in the most dough. Which might have caused the potential fit and finish issues. Maybe YellowFin is right and it's just bad photos. I just don't think it's the best choice to be the first to the line when a new rep comes out. Even VSF's last gen model got better through later batches.

Last edited:

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
In my opinion VSF may have rushed the process a little bit to be the first (big name) factory out with the 2020 models to rake in the most dough. Which might have caused the potential fit and finish issues. Maybe YellowFin is right and it's just bad photos. I just don't think it's the best choice to be the first to the line when a new rep comes out. Even VSF's last gen model got better through later batches.

You have a point there but legitimately speaking, do we not anticipate a “breakthrough” in 3135 movement closest to gen despite the “constructive complaints” on the myriads of submariners with the clone movement?

If the “breakthrough” ain’t now, then when? Hehehehe...

it is better to be now than purchasing it and mods it then putting it on m2m when newer modifications conceived by factories imho

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
You have a point there but legitimately speaking, do we not anticipate a “breakthrough” in 3135 movement closest to gen despite the “constructive complaints” on the myriads of submariners with the clone movement?

If the “breakthrough” ain’t now, then when? Hehehehe...

it is better to be now than purchasing it and mods it then putting it on m2m when newer modifications conceived by factories imho

I guess it depends on what the modifications are. Stuff like crystal, bezel insert etc yeah can be modded. But my issue with this release in particular is about fit and finish of the case shape, lugs, end links, crown guards. They seem off. If they actually are off then modding that seems like a giant pain in the ass if not impossible. I'd rather wait in that instance.

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
I guess it depends on what the modifications are. Stuff like crystal, bezel insert etc yeah can be modded. But my issue with this release in particular is about fit and finish of the case shape, lugs, end links, crown guards. They seem off. If they actually are off then modding that seems like a giant pain in the ass if not impossible. I'd rather wait in that instance.

Until you have the watch in your hands, which you clearly do not, why don’t you reserve judgement, instead of starting a load of speculative crap re case lugs cg and links..

You are just stoking the fire.. I have a genuine arriving hopefully Jan! Then I will compare this to the gen, as I’ve just ordered one as a beater

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Until you have the watch in your hands, which you clearly do not, why don’t you reserve judgement, instead of starting a load of speculative crap re case lugs cg and links..

You are just stoking the fire.. I have a genuine arriving hopefully Jan! Then I will compare this to the gen, as I’ve just ordered one as a beater

Do you have reading comprehension issues? I literally posted: "Maybe YellowFin is right and it's just bad photos. I just don't think it's the best choice to be the first to the line when a new rep comes out."

I am reserving final judgement but there's no issue in pointing out potential problems which is why I won't be first in line but to wait for reviews. All I'm stating is that being a guinea pig is not the wisest choice and waiting for user reviews and comparisons is best and logical.

That's a completely fair philosophy to abide by buddy. Calm down.

Last edited:

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Looks good. While I think the little guarantee card is a cool little novelty I feel like they could be ill used in the wrong hands. End of the day we're all here for the sub, what's the point of those cards really?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Just like I thought from the sample pictures, fit and finish of these end links look bad. I am going to pass on this one, feels like a rushed job. I am sure VSF will nail it in later iterations, but I'll wait until later stages of the development cycle for this one

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
I was not impressed with first batch of pictures, finish did not seem like the VSF 40mm Subs, and crystal/cyclops looked worse. New pictures above from Trusty look better.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Not gonna lie, these look terrible. I just got the VSF 116619LB in lieu of these since I was waiting for them and they ended up being a big let down.

Reactions: BiH855

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Not gonna lie, these look terrible. I just got the VSF 116619LB in lieu of these since I was waiting for them and they ended up being a big let down.