• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
How long have you owned them?
Did they just drop dead out of nothing? Have the movements been serviced before?
This is bad news indicating the VS3235 can't stand the test of time?

To clarify, one of my 126610s is a Noob with A2824, so it doesn't really belong in this thread. Sorry.
The other is a VSF, and it wasn't perfectly healthy according to my Timegrapher, so I decided to adjust the beat error (which I've done many times on other movements) and my tweezer slipped off the stud and tapped the balance spring. So the movement failing was my fault. However, the balance jewel retainer clip was not clipped in, and I suspect that was the case on arrival.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
I personally would stick to 3135. Parts gen and rep are easily available and cheap.

im in love with my VS3135 and thinking about buying a separate VS movement, to make sure i have spare parts when anything happens to it. Smart move?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
To clarify, one of my 126610s is a Noob with A2824, so it doesn't really belong in this thread. Sorry.
The other is a VSF, and it wasn't perfectly healthy according to my Timegrapher, so I decided to adjust the beat error (which I've done many times on other movements) and my tweezer slipped off the stud and tapped the balance spring. So the movement failing was my fault. However, the balance jewel retainer clip was not clipped in, and I suspect that was the case on arrival.

OK, this clarifies the movement didn't die by itself then. At least this is a better news

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Sorry if this has been established elsewhere, but are there alternatives to replace these 3135 and 3235 on VSF watches, should they break down? If so, who has them? I have a watchsmith I trust, but I don't think he's knowledgeable enough to repair them if such thing happened :(

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Sorry if this has been established elsewhere, but are there alternatives to replace these 3135 and 3235 on VSF watches, should they break down? If so, who has them? I have a watchsmith I trust, but I don't think he's knowledgeable enough to repair them if such thing happened :(

VS3135 is available from Aliexpress with or without engravings and generic parts can be used, which are available from most parts shops (Cousins, Esslinger etc). VS3235 can be replaced with VR3235. Of course trusted watchsmiths can repair these as well.

edit. If a noob hobbyist like me can service a VS 3135/3235, a competent watchsmith should be able to do that easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: flashu

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
VS3135 is available from Aliexpress with or without engravings and generic parts can be used, which are available from most parts shops (Cousins, Esslinger etc). VS3235 can be replaced with VR3235. Of course trusted watchsmiths can repair these as well.

edit. If a noob hobbyist like me can service a VS 3135/3235, a competent watchsmith should be able to do that easily.

Thanks mate, you are a champ :thumbsup:

Reactions: Ylijumala

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
just recieved my vsf 126610 today and went to set the date and time and now the watch will not start back up... is this a known issue with an easy fix?

btw,it was ticking when it first arrived as i took the stickers off

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
just recieved my vsf 126610 today and went to set the date and time and now the watch will not start back up... is this a known issue with an easy fix?

Depends. Either the balance stop is stuck (it engages when you pull the crown out to time setting position) or there is something else between the gears (or maybe in the balance) which stops the whole movement. Could be dirt, too much oil or even a loose screw. Will the crown go easily back in to winding position and can you wind the watch still?

Most likely, if you open the caseback and if you can't spot anything amiss by visual inspection, a service by a watchsmith is required.

edit: Might be a stupid question, but have you wound the watch to full? It could be ticking but so low on power reserve that it won't start up again by itself :)

Last edited:

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
Depends. Either the balance stop is stuck (it engages when you pull the crown out to time setting position) or there is something else between the gears (or maybe in the balance) which stops the whole movement. Could be dirt, too much oil or even a loose screw. Will the crown go easily back in to winding position and can you wind the watch still?

Most likely, if you open the caseback and if you can't spot anything amiss by visual inspection, a service by a watchsmith is required.

edit: Might be a stupid question, but have you wound the watch to full? It could be ticking but so low on power reserve that it won't start up again by itself :)

I took the crystal off and gave the second hand a little nudge and it started up again, but i damaged the hytel ring and one of the bezel springs in the process. do you know where i can buy these?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I took the crystal off and gave the second hand a little nudge and it started up again, but i damaged the hytel ring and one of the bezel springs in the process. do you know where i can buy these?

You pop the crystal off without taking out the movement?!

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

bolts40

Renowned Member
23/7/16
Parrish, FL

Took the crystal off? How’d you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
agreed, it got sloppy. but its working, i just butchered the hytrel ring when re applying the bezel

Glad it's running, but it's easy to turn a $500 watch into a $75 watch doing things the wrong way. Had you followed the correct troubleshooting procedure, you wouldn't have mangled the hytrel ring and had the bezel spring issue. Not chastising you at all. That's how we learn.

Reactions: Ylijumala and Uhr70

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
Glad it's running, but it's easy to turn a $500 watch into a $75 watch doing things the wrong way. Had you followed the correct troubleshooting procedure, you wouldn't have mangled the hytrel ring and had the bezel spring issue. Not chastising you at all. That's how we learn.

I know bro... fuck

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Has anyone had an issue with the hour and minute hands intermittently sticking in place on the VS3235? I recently picked up a VSF 126610LN (M2M) and periodically the hour and minute hands stick in place for roughly 3-10 minutes chunks of time over roughly 10 minute segments (eg from 5:50-6:00 or 11:30-11:40, etc.). So, for example, it recently took 30 minutes for the watch hands to proceed only 9 minutes from 5:51 to 6:00. Below is a link to a video showing this (video below is only 15 minutes long due to youtube restrictions...but you will get the idea). After this particular 30 minute "sticky" episode (and others), the watch begins to run properly. The watch is losing around 10-20 minutes during each of these sticky episodes (time loss is not consistent each episode).

Any idea what is going here and how best to fix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LW6SyasG7o