• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Xerocool

Horology Curious
10/2/21
Thank you guys for replying in a short well just wear in good health anyway just a rep right.. Have a great yall

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
Ohhh she’s gonna be so pretty

b9aa032ba2b516be57d88d8e8bc68f06.jpg

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
Trusty has some VSF stock for +100$ than the pre raid price.

At this point, I feel like VSF is still working but under the radar and producing inventory but much slower

Reactions: Doc.77

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Maybe its just leftover stocks.
Or maybe they come sporadicly for testing 2 things:

1. How much are people willing to pay?
2. Are cops still hunting us

If 2. is no, then after CNY they will come back i guess.

Reactions: Doc.77

RNVP

Known Member
16/9/21
If 2. is no, then after CNY they will come back i guess.

After what?

I saw on Lucy's post that you also bought a VSF from her (like me). Since Trusty and Hont are also selling them, what do you expect to receive? A watch from the old batches produced?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
do these recent batches sport the VS3235 then? Does this then mean that the new CEO of the movement factory decided to start making them again?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
After what?

I saw on Lucy's post that you also bought a VSF from her (like me). Since Trusty and Hont are also selling them, what do you expect to receive? A watch from the old batches produced?

CNY = Chinese News Year Holidays.
I expect a Replica watch with VSF case and VSF Movement and Clasp.
So i dont know:) But case seems to be from April Batch as lucy mentioned and not parts that are assembled by other watchmakers.

do these recent batches sport the VS3235 then? Does this then mean that the new CEO of the movement factory decided to start making them again?
I bet they are old stock (with engravings) or they dont have engravings.
The new Clean Daytona will also have Dandong Movement, but no engraving. Maybe the engraving was the point, who knows..

Reactions: jpchub

mrkawasaki

Known Member
27/1/21
I respectfully disagree. The movement was THE defining feature of VSF subs, as it was a full clone (minus the balance and balance bridge) and you could slap in genuine parts without (almost any) issues. You cannot do that with VR (Shanghai) movements for example.

That's a good point. Didn't think from the perspective of someone who'd want to franken the watch. Being able to fairly easily swap in a gen balance and balance bridge is great for getting that Rolex accuracy.

Personally, I'm a very much an out of the box enthusiast, so it's not much of a bonus for me but I do appreciate it.

So what are the best alternatives to this VSF sub? I'm thinking clean factory. However, I couldn't find the power reserve info of that watch, anybody knows?

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
That's a good point. Didn't think from the perspective of someone who'd want to franken the watch. Being able to fairly easily swap in a gen balance and balance bridge is great
So what are the best alternatives to this VSF sub? I'm thinking clean factory. However, I couldn't find the power reserve info of that watch, anybody knows?

The VS3235 gets 65-70 hours power reserve. Other clone movements get the normal 30-40 hours.

Antonello

Known Member
13/2/17
please friend. besides the vs3235 what other movement can be considered a 100% clone like the Vs3235? Are there other movements that have all parts replaceable with originals? Thanks

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
please friend. besides the vs3235 what other movement can be considered a 100% clone like the Vs3235? Are there other movements that have all parts replaceable with originals? Thanks

There are ETA clones.

The Rolex movement clones are reasonably close except for the balance. No clones have a free sprung balance so they are not quite true clones. VS movements can accept a Rolex balance, but no other movements can that I'm aware of. The VS movements are technically the closest to genuine 3135 and 3235 movements. There are/were some 4130 clones too.

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
That's a good point. Didn't think from the perspective of someone who'd want to franken the watch. Being able to fairly easily swap in a gen balance and balance bridge is great for getting that Rolex accuracy.
Indeed. That and full proper service should get one very close to genuine movement accuracy. From my experience, these Dandong clones are very susceptible to temperature variance and gen balance should go a long way towards fixing that.

Personally, I'm a very much an out of the box enthusiast, so it's not much of a bonus for me but I do appreciate it.
There's room for every kind of watch enthusiast in this hobby, and that's honestly one of the best parts imo :)

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
I'd be worried about the word "NOS", are those rejected QC watches?

Yeah hence why I’m asking. No one really knows if they’re rejected watches or really somehow found stashed away. Who knows.

im just hoping he’s opening the backs during QC to show movement. But I don’t think he is from reports off of Reddit?