• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
I just received the watch and something strange occurred. When I first turned the bezel just the rim moved and the insert was stuck at the same place. After a few more turns the bezel doesn’t move at all.

anyone else had that issue?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I just received the watch and something strange occurred. When I first turned the bezel just the rim moved and the insert was stuck at the same place. After a few more turns the bezel doesn’t move at all.

Huh? You mean just the bezel ring turns and the insert is stuck to the crystal? Never seen such a thing happened.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard

Strange is an understatement. I can't imagine the mechanics by which this would happen since the insert is pressure fitted to the bezel.

Reactions: leo6929

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Strange is an understatement. I can't imagine the mechanics by which this would happen since the insert is pressure fitted to the bezel.

Very strange indeed, sounds like the insert is stuck to the crsytal, could you post a picture?

Last edited:

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Very strange indeed, sounds like the insert is stuck to the crsytal, could you post a picture?

Unfortunately the issue is not visible on a picture. It looks completely normal until you try to move it. I would have to show a video.

Reactions: Doc.77

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Unfortunately the issue is not visible on a picture. It looks completely normal until you try to move it. I would have to show a video.

Yes, a video would be most helpful.
Never seen or heard of such issue before.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sounds like the bezel gasket (hytrel ring) got caught in the insert support ring when the bezel was pressed on. This could both wedge the insert support ring against the crystal and against the insert causing the insert to hang and then the bezel to halt.

Removing the bezel is the first step toward investigating, I suspect the hytrel ring will be shot and need replacement.

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Sounds like the bezel gasket (hytrel ring) got caught in the insert support ring when the bezel was pressed on. This could both wedge the insert support ring against the crystal and against the insert causing the insert to hang and then the bezel to halt.

Removing the bezel is the first step toward investigating, I suspect the hytrel ring will be shot and need replacement.

Well awesome, that’s what I want, to wait for weeks and then instantly send the watch back for repairs…
I already contacted the AD and I know sending watches back to China can be tricky.

can someone recommend me the common shipping method from the EU to China, that doesn’t involve customs hassle? Thanks

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
can someone recommend me the common shipping method from the EU to China, that doesn’t involve customs hassle? Thanks

The only way to do this is if you know a diplomat who works in your country’s embassy in Beijing who will transport it in their diplomatic pouch.

Realistically speaking you may want to send it to one of the excellent modders you have in the EU and have them fix it for you. It will cost you a few €€ but turnaround time will be considerably less and quality of work will be excellent. At the same time they can also check out the rest of the watch to make sure everything works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Well awesome, that’s what I want, to wait for weeks and then instantly send the watch back for repairs…
I already contacted the AD and I know sending watches back to China can be tricky.

I wouldn't ever send a watch back to China, though members do it successfully sometimes. It incurs customs risk 3 more times and can take months before you see your watch again. There are forum modders and watchmakers who can fix issues like this. That is your best option IMO.

Here are some threads covering bezel parts and repair if interested.

ZZF bezel not flush

Noob GMT Pepsi's poor bezel design

The scotsman

Horology Curious
6/2/20
scotland
Hi I was having a look on wish . And they have a 126610 Kermit VSF 1:1 VS3235 AAA FOR £139 PLUS NOOB 126660 44MM 1:1 3235 for £126 . These prices seem rather low . Does anyone know if this is a scam ? Thank you .

The scotsman

Horology Curious
6/2/20
scotland
Hi I was having a look on wish . And they have a 126610 Kermit VSF 1:1 VS3235 AAA FOR £139 PLUS NOOB 126660 44MM 1:1 3235 for £126 . These prices seem rather low . Does anyone know if this is a scam ? Thank you .

tlabowski01

Known Member
Supporter
4/9/19

If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Also, ONLY use trusted dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc.77

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet

Run for your life. If it ain't a scam it's a con.

VSFs are inflating due to the raids. Save that money and bring your family out for a good dinner.