• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
This is going to burn the gen folks, but its true.

The printing on the VSF is better. See those right angles formed by the vertical and horizontal strokes in the E? They should be right angles - just like the VSF shows. The Rolex dial print is blobby - usually caused by too much ink on the pad.

There are rumors that it is intentional for Rolex to make their dual printing bloody and crooked as an anti-counterfeiting measure.

Reactions: Mille M

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
This is going to burn the gen folks, but its true.

The printing on the VSF is better. See those right angles formed by the vertical and horizontal strokes in the E? They should be right angles - just like the VSF shows. The Rolex dial print is blobby - usually caused by too much ink on the pad.
Naaaah - with a gen Rollie, you get more paint for the extra Dollars! :thumbsup:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Maybe blobby so that it peaks for a deeper 3D effect?

There are ways of achieving that without putting so much ink down that it fills in and distorts the letters. It's sloppy production by Rolex. Of course, folks can fall back to saying 'Rolex made it so it's supposed to be that way' - well if thats a comfort to them then fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Good morning everyone.
Sorry for the question, I searched but couldn't find info.

Has anyone measured the glass diameter of the 126610 VSF?

Thank you

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
There are ways of achieving that without putting so much ink down that it fills in and distorts the letters. It's sloppy production by Rolex. Of course, folks can fall back to saying 'Rolex made it so it's supposed to be that way' - well if thats a comfort to them then fine.

Remember that what you're seeing in the photos is magnified MANY times actual size and can't be seen without a strong loupe. I think the Rolex is printing is just fine, but when magnified many times and zoomed on your screen you can see that VSF is perhaps a bit sharper. But in the real world I don't think it means so much. Sitting next to each other they look identical.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good morning everyone.
Sorry for the question, I searched but couldn't find info.

Has anyone measured the glass diameter of the 126610 VSF?

Thank you

The 126x Sub crystals are slightly larger in diameter than the 116x Sub crystals.

Gen and gen-spec crystals have a stairstep edge profile and hence two diameters that can be measured.

The lower step diameter is the one that denotes the crystal size of record. On a 116x Sub that measurement is 29.5mm, and that's why 295 is in the part number - B25-295-c12-c1. The upper step diameter of a 116x Sub crystal is 30.4mm

I know that doesn't answer your question fully - there are posts here that mention the 126x Sub crystal part number, it will have the lower step diameter in the part number. I will try to find it and post back, maybe someone else will chime in with it.

Gen-spec on left
RDwAX.jpg

-

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Here's my completely useless review, as I have no gen Rolex to compare to. I do have 4 gen Omegas though, and this is every ounce the watch those are. The fit and finish is fantastic. It looks great and feels great. The crystal and cyclops are excellent. The bezel feels great too. Only two complaints: The time setting position is tough to distinguish from the date setting, so you really have to give the crown a tug to get it there. Some of the plastic wrap got stuck in the SEL and I scratched the SEL a tiny bit trying to remove it with tweezers. There's still a bit there, but I'm not going back for it. What a cool watch.

Pippo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
Just got QC pics through for a post-raid 126610LN.

For those interested, clasp code is 1LQ. Interestingly, is it just me or does the SEL at 5pm look like an old Noob type effort where it sticks forward of the lug, rather than being nicely recessed?
4ef34dea265d4802704be943c68e2e86.jpg
832dcee8f521556bedb89994c2fe5476.jpg
d2427563e24a43d2e41707ef70914564.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
So, the watch arrived today. Turns out the SEL is pretty bad at 5pm. I did get a better photo, but it's not great in the flesh. It actually has a bit of play/movement in it, which does irk me. Otherwise it's a beautiful watch.

Would a replacement bracelet potentially fix the issue, or am I just throwing more money at it?

Jimbo255

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
16/4/12
I see that they stopped shipping in the little coffins, did they also stop the warranty card?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I think you still get a card, no coffin. The coffins I like, they are handy, the cards are a waste of time. I'd prefer a coffin to a card thanks..

Reactions: Uhr70

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So, the watch arrived today. Turns out the SEL is pretty bad at 5pm. I did get a better photo, but it's not great in the flesh. It actually has a bit of play/movement in it, which does irk me. Otherwise it's a beautiful watch.

Would a replacement bracelet potentially fix the issue, or am I just throwing more money at it?

There are other reports of post raid VSF bracelets with 1LQ clasp codes that have the exact issue you depict. It's apparent to me that the current batch of bracelets is not the same quality as the pre-raid. So, sourcing another new VSF bracelet is not likely going to be an improvement.

Ths lug width on these is 21mm, so a replacement would have to be for an identical model. Several other factories make them, BP/GMF and EWF bracelets might be OK. You can ask a TD about sourcing one. Be careful about verifying lug width, some lesser known factories are still using a 40mm case and 20mm bracelet for the 126610. Also there's never a guarantee another factory bracelet will fit well on a given rep watch head.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ort=20a&page=1

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchSmith.US

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

If the link is higher than the lug it’s possible to file it down but it’s very time consuming work and requires that the bracelet links be pulled apart to do it.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Turns out the SEL is pretty bad at 5pm. I did get a better photo, but it's not great in the flesh. It actually has a bit of play/movement in it, which does irk me.

Could it be that the spring bar holding the end link attached to the case lugs, is loose or defective? I had what sounds like your issue in the past where changing or adjusting the spring bar till it fell in its correct position, took care of the problem.

eleventibillion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
21/9/20
NorCal
Could it be that the spring bar holding the end link attached to the case lugs, is loose or defective? I had what sounds like your issue in the past where changing or adjusting the spring bar till it fell in its correct position, took care of the problem.

This seems to be the first thing I would check on prior to attempting to source another bracelet. GL!

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13

Fwiw, here’s mine, also with clasp code 1LQ. I wouldn’t say the SELs are sitting above the lugs, but the height along the curved part isn’t uniform. I’m a noob when it comes to subs so I don’t know all the minute details but thought I’d share for comparison.

1c1e9e978c16e223c23c23cbb9b95c57.jpg

a6c79cf5935cf3b632a4238e0f804f74.jpg

3d3578f51946fd661a62066513b58b18.jpg