• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
any one has an idea to fix a stiff bezel problem on a VSF 126610? the problem comes from the white ring. any easy tweaks maybe?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The white ring is either: not seated correctly, not seated correctly and damaged, seated correctly and damaged. Pop the bezel off and have a look and reseat it if its not right. If it's damaged you will probably make it worse by refitting it. They are easy damaged.. maybe source replacement hytrel ring before playing with it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
any one has an idea to fix a stiff bezel problem on a VSF 126610? the problem comes from the white ring. any easy tweaks maybe?

You could also have some plastic wrap caught under the bezel and catching in the click or a ball. Removing and replacing a ceramic insert bezel always presents risk of damage to the case, bezel, hytrel ring, and insert. There is a lot of info about working with these parts in this thread.

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
You could also have some plastic wrap caught under the bezel and catching in the click or a ball. Removing and replacing a ceramic insert bezel always presents risk of damage to the case, bezel, hytrel ring, and insert. There is a lot of info about working with these parts in this thread.

Worth taking apart and seeing what's up. Pop off while the watch is in a plastic bag so you don't use any parts.

I bought a used VSF on here and bezel was tough to turn, barely moved with full force. Popped the bezel off to find half of the prior owners jeans in the form of shredded string caught and wrapped around the mechanisms..????

Removed and now as smooth as can be.

Reactions: KJ2020

stance

Known Member
9/8/13
Singapore
I bought a VSF 126610LV in February but sold it soon after. However, I bought another one recently and it has come up short compared to the 'pre-raid' LV I bought.

The bezel still has nice clicks, but it feels easier to rotate than previous. The clasp is also very disappointing. The first clasp action doesn't take much effort to pop open and it will freely flap back and forth rather than staying put. The glide lock also pops out easily when it is in the 'biggest' setting, forcing me to wear the rep with an extra link and the glidelock halfway in.

Is there anything I can do to improve the bezel + clasp?

Yea my flip lock has the same problem. Don’t think can be improved. Trying to find a replacement clasp but to no avail.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Huge shout out to Li Jtime
this came quick and safely. Absolutely pleased with a great transaction, great communication, and a fantastic seller. From now on I'll deal with Li. Btw, I know some people were saying that the warranty cards don't have the serial and model numbers printed on them anymore, but mine did.

Reactions: Beefcake

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Huge shout out to Li Jtime
this came quick and safely. Absolutely pleased with a great transaction, great communication, and a fantastic seller. From now on I'll deal with Li. Btw, I know some people were saying that the warranty cards don't have the serial and model numbers printed on them anymore, but mine did.

Looks great, enjoy!

PS Li is the man, came through big time for me as well!

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
A genuine Rolex is worth every penny - your actually getting a big discount on its market value if you get it from an AD. You are not buying a Rolex. You are buying a $400 Chinese fake.

I agree 100%. Some might not find the value in buying a gen and thats completely fine as they are no longer selling to walk ins.
But if you had a AD selling you off retail? Buy it, its a guaranteed 150% return(Minimum) on the "Grey market".

You could easily buy 10 more reps with one flip.

Carrick1

30/8/15
So no one has any idea when VSF will start work. My understanding had been that they were slowly returning?

looks like I missed the boat.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany

TomRep put hands on the problem.

one clickspring was damaged. he cant remove it. but now he installed a new one. after this the bezel was to loose ....

the hyrtel ring was damaged or something and he used another one from his part box. now the bezel fits tighter. but the bezel turn is more stiff than VSF stock (or even gen).

he told me the stiffnes gets looser if i use and turn the bezel more often maybe.

for me only a "emergency solution". maybe thats the problem that the watch was from M2M :(

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
TomRep put hands on the problem.

one clickspring was damaged. he cant remove it. but now he installed a new one. after this the bezel was to loose ....

the hyrtel ring was damaged or something and he used another one from his part box. now the bezel fits tighter. but the bezel turn is more stiff than VSF stock (or even gen).

he told me the stiffnes gets looser if i use and turn the bezel more often maybe.

for me only a "emergency solution". maybe thats the problem that the watch was from M2M :(

Looks like it’s more common than I thought then. I serviced a VSF 116610 a few days ago which had the same issue, one of the springs had its terminal part damaged and caused the steel sphere to get stuck into the case. I had to drill to get it out.
Pic for reference
3024724bd4df9757c8341ec2ac165764.jpg

Bas4241

Horology Curious
25/7/21
Santa Barbara
Hi all, new member here. Really like the site! Quick question (hopefully this is an appropriate location)…Does anyone know if the back from a 116610 will fit on a vsf 126610? I have a nice sapphire back on my 11 series that I would like to transfer to my vsf 12 series when it gets here. Any problem with this? Thanks!

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
Looks like it’s more common than I thought then. I serviced a VSF 116610 a few days ago which had the same issue, one of the springs had its terminal part damaged and caused the steel sphere to get stuck into the case. I had to drill to get it out.
Pic for reference
3024724bd4df9757c8341ec2ac165764.jpg

yes exact same problem here. he installed a new one after he drilled it out, but the bezel sits to loose.

hyrtel ring problem.... and now with fixes over fixes, the bezel is too stiff and not like vsf or gen anymore......

i hope after some time it will get smoother

Beefcake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
Its like a video I saw where the rep crown etching was clearer than the gen. That print looks good!