• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
A genuine Rolex is worth every penny - your actually getting a big discount on its market value if you get it from an AD. You are not buying a Rolex. You are buying a $400 Chinese fake.

Well I don’t care if it’s a fake. It’s 99% of the quality of the og. So if you like to pay ~9600$ for an increase of quality of about 1%, go for it.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Well I don’t care if it’s a fake. It’s 99% of the quality of the og. So if you like to pay ~9600$ for an increase of quality of about 1%, go for it.

I do. I love my reps, and after 11 years in this hobby, I am loving the Asian-made Rolex movements. Gen. parts, etc. But I have to say 99%…Not even close. There are few things in life that are finer than a serviced 1570 or 3135 Rolex movement. There are too many details to enumerate. I love this hobby and my reps, but I also have three gens., and there is no comparison. I have never said that my reps are just as good as my gens.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: eazye

kokemut

9/1/17

99%… grow up now. It’s not 1/20th of the price only because of being a replica my friend. I understand your concerns and we all get sucked in in this way of thinking. If you compare 2 gens they can be 99% identical, yes, I can believe that. VSF has achieved quite an accomplishment with this watch, but it’s a replica. To me, your qc looks great, if that’s what you’re concerned with. Good luck

Sent from the RWI mobile app

kokemut

9/1/17
99%… grow up now. It’s not 1/20th of the price only because of being a replica my friend. I understand your concerns and we all get sucked in in this way of thinking. If you compare 2 gens they can be 99% identical, yes, I can believe that. VSF has achieved quite an accomplishment with this watch, but it’s a replica. To me, your qc looks great, if that’s what you’re concerned with. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I’m a bit worried about the Cyclops. Is it tilted or is it just an optical issue?

Have you ever owned a single gen in your life? That’s something a only person whose never had one would complain about. Have you seen the post calling out all the other stuff that are actually wrong with this watch? A tilted cyclops is the least of them. Lol. JS.

Germaine

Horology Curious
2/5/21
Silicon grease. Very sparingly keeping it away from the numbers in the bezel insert.

Do not use vaseline or WD40 - the petroleum in these will fuck up the plastic shoes on the glidelock.

For the sticking bezel, pop it off and have a look. Its probable that some of the plastic wrap has been trapped underneath. This happened with mine - I played with the bezel before unwrapping and pulled some of the cellophane into the clicks.

Do I need any special tool to remove the bezel?

N0tail_

1/6/17
I bought a VSF 126610LV in February but sold it soon after. However, I bought another one recently and it has come up short compared to the 'pre-raid' LV I bought.

The bezel still has nice clicks, but it feels easier to rotate than previous. The clasp is also very disappointing. The first clasp action doesn't take much effort to pop open and it will freely flap back and forth rather than staying put. The glide lock also pops out easily when it is in the 'biggest' setting, forcing me to wear the rep with an extra link and the glidelock halfway in.

Is there anything I can do to improve the bezel + clasp?

Reactions: LaraA

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Do others recognise a difference in quality compared pre raids to after raids models?

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Spoken like a true idiot.

someone having over 4000 posts on a replica watch forum says I’m an idiot xD I can only imagine the time you wasted in your life.

But well, make 95-98% out of the 99% and you will see that it’s irrational to pay ~9600$ more for a watch just because it’s og . But being into watches nowadays has nothing to do with rationality so you do you. I don’t bother.

still no one answered my question whether the magnifying glass is tilted or not, I just read spam messages all over the place

Reactions: OGM

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Do I need any special tool to remove the bezel?

Yes. This is very risky work. Somewhere in this thread is an post regarding two vsf inserts being broken by attempting to remove the bezel. Even with the right tools and best quality press it's risky work and then you will have to replace the hytrel ring with one that doesn't fit because the proper ones are unobtainable from vsf or tds.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
But well, make 95-98% out of the 99% and you will see that it’s irrational to pay ~9600$ more for a watch just because it’s og .

its 99% if you look from 5 meters or more distance.. the quality / movement of the R-factory is on a other level...;) ;)

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
someone having over 4000 posts on a replica watch forum says I’m an idiot xD I can only imagine the time you wasted in your life.

But well, make 95-98% out of the 99% and you will see that it’s irrational to pay ~9600$ more for a watch just because it’s og . But being into watches nowadays has nothing to do with rationality so you do you. I don’t bother.

still no one answered my question whether the magnifying glass is tilted or not, I just read spam messages all over the place

Yes. It’s tilted terribly. Reject it for a better one. That one is totally trash.

Mark113811

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/20
Hello, I am the owner of the 126610LV VSF and my wrist is 16.5 - 17 cm in circumference. How many links and from where (top - bottom), according to your experience, should be removed in this model to have glide lock in the middle position? I'd like to do it myself. Thank you in advance.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20

I am a newby, too and was unsure with the cyclops being tilted or not on my first 126610ln order.
what I learned from an experienced member of this forum is, that not the cyclops is tilted, but the whole crystal. At the end it leads to the same result: the cyclops appears to be tilted/ because crystal is not installed properly.
what you can do is take crystal off and put it in the right position (I think quite difficult for a newby, I couldt manage it)

or reject the watch and tell the TD to Sourcecode you a New one.
hope this Info helps.

Reactions: leo6929 and KJ2020

LaraA

15/3/11
So how’s 1LQ batch DW position at 20 and onwards and cyclops distortion?

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Finally pulled the trigger on one of these. Tired of waiting for "the call" from the AD. Heres my QC pics. Already approved, just posting for your amusement. VSF is top notch, some of you guys are over thinking WAY to much.
a576371a300a2c52dd43a69636087e25.jpg
5faf2915b1e3413b93a2a2493373afb1.jpg
be8de5c90f19a28436421c975119d25d.jpg
fad88b18bdd1b8484fecf71debf77908.jpg
f1f277271f58b53a04c1dc64a9163700.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk