• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Germaine

Horology Curious
2/5/21

Received my watch from Jtime
Ordered on 28 Jun
QC received 5 Jul
Received 14 Jul

Looks good and feel good!
Comparable to my gen starbuck.

Issue:
Black sub bezel when rotating tend to get stuck at certain point. Didn't want to force thru. Any solution?

Glidelock on both seem to get stuck too. Solved with some vaseline.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Issue:
Black sub bezel when rotating tend to get stuck at certain point. Didn't want to force thru. Any solution?

Occasional bezel issues are not uncommon on VSF Subs. They can be loose or wobbly (too springy) due to the hytrel ring not being the best fit. If it's catching at only one place, it sounds like an obstruction of some sort. Like a piece of plastic wrap might be catching on the click or one of the balls. The bezel may need to come off to fix it properly. You could try running some dental floss under it and see if you can floss anything out.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Issue:

Glidelock on both seem to get stuck too. Solved with some vaseline.

Don't use vaseline, this stuff is messy. I used WD40 dry lube which works perfectly and it doesn't leave any oily residue on the lubed surfaces.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Silicone grease is the stuff to use on your watch. A little on the glidelock, the crown tube and the case back O ring will lubricate and seal respectively.

Jmpz

Horology Curious
14/1/20
Don't use vaseline, this stuff is messy. I used WD40 dry lube which works perfectly and it doesn't leave any oily residue on the lubed surfaces.

Did you spray WD40 directly into bezel or just o-ring?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Did you spray WD40 directly into bezel or just o-ring?

Noooooooo, bro. Please refer to the original post of Germaine, the issue was on the Glidelock. And I was talking about WD40 Dry Lube, it is a different stuff to the normal WD40 which leaves oily residue, the Dry Lube doesn't.
Still, never spray WD40 onto o-rings, use silicone grease only please.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Silicon grease. Very sparingly keeping it away from the numbers in the bezel insert.

Do not use vaseline or WD40 - the petroleum in these will fuck up the plastic shoes on the glidelock.

For the sticking bezel, pop it off and have a look. Its probable that some of the plastic wrap has been trapped underneath. This happened with mine - I played with the bezel before unwrapping and pulled some of the cellophane into the clicks.

Reactions: Uhr70

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Just received the qc pics, but I’m not sure if the og has a lume pip that is perfectly aligned with the edge of the bezel. Can anyone confirm that? On the qc pic it’s shifted.

also should the crown on the crown be straight when screwed in completely or can it be shifted as seen in the picture?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Just received the qc pics, but I’m not sure if the og has a lume pip that is perfectly aligned with the edge of the bezel. Can anyone confirm that? On the qc pic it’s shifted.

also should the crown on the crown be straight when screwed in completely or can it be shifted as seen in the picture?

Neither of those are a thing.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

jzXwII.jpg
jzXkZ4.jpg

Look at some random pics of gens. Not even Rolex attempts to line up a pearl with a bezel tooth or scallop. What matters is that the insert lower triangle point is lined up with the 60 minute tic mark when the watch is viewed dead center.

https://www.watchartexchange.com/pro...RoC43wQAvD_BwE

The coronet on the crown is similarly not attempted to be lined up straight up and down. It ends up anywhere due to crown threads, tube threads, O ring condition and amount compressed, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: omegaraiden

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Oh my god, another technical drawer that analyses a Replica watch witch angles and Zooms like they have a fetish.
These are exactly the same people who complain at McDonalds that the burger they are holding does not look exactly the same as it does on the advertising poster. LOL get a GEN

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Look at some random pics of gens. Not even Rolex attempts to line up a pearl with a bezel tooth or scallop. What matters is that the insert lower triangle point is lined up with the 60 minute tic mark when the watch is viewed dead center.

The coronet on the crown is similarly not attempted to be lined up straight up and down. It ends up anywhere due to crown threads, tube threads, O ring condition and amount compressed, etc.

Thanks for the clarification!

so strange that Rolex charges >10000$ and can’t even align everything perfectly. That’s why I like to just pay that it’s approx worth, which is ~400-500$

Reactions: Gaz1a

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Thanks for the clarification!

so strange that Rolex charges >10000$ and can’t even align everything perfectly. That’s why I like to just pay that it’s approx worth, which is ~400-500$

A genuine Rolex is worth every penny - your actually getting a big discount on its market value if you get it from an AD. You are not buying a Rolex. You are buying a $400 Chinese fake.