• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Postman came today with 3 deliveries including VSF126610LV, I like it!

3 rep delivery in 1 day. Must be an early Christmas for ya~ LOL

It looks stunning mate, wear it in good health!

Love your collection there too!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
jiro Nice, mate! Would be interested to know what you think of those GMF DDs, thinking of buying one after CNY.

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It's here!

20210121-171713.jpg

Never seen a watch with so much wrapping. Jesus!

First impressions - AMAZING!
It looks fantastic on the wrist.
Bracelet could be better (it feels a bit cheap when out of the wrist - when using the watch, it looks great and has no rattling sounds).

Brushing and polishing are on point (same brushing as my AirKing).
Dial is fantastic, hands are super clean, the date wheel is very very good.
Movement winding is super smooth.

I'll do some better pictures this weekend.

Cheers

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
It's here!

20210121-171713.jpg

First impressions - AMAZING!
It looks fantastic on the wrist.
Bracelet could be better (it feels a bit cheap when out of the wrist - when using the watch, it looks great and has no rattling sounds).

Brushing and polishing are on point (same brushing as my AirKing).
Dial is fantastic, hands are super clean, the date wheel is very very good.
Movement winding is super smooth.

I'll do some better pictures this weekend.

Cheers

Congrats! Such an amazing piece, isn't it? Enjoy!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
It's here!

20210121-171713.jpg

Cheers

you probably used to bracelets on 116610s. Bracelet on 126610 is wider but links are slightly thinner and, if I’m correct, they weight less. I read somewhere on Rolex forum people were complaining about that. But I’m not sure how vsf 126610 bracelet compares to gen in hand. I know that new gen 126610 bracelet have sharp edges. Mine is quite good, not too sharp. There are a couple of sharp edges on the clasp but they will fade with use.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Wait for it...

"This is what I've been saying all along."

Is predicting what I'd say an apology? Or are you too hard headed to admit fault? Well, at least you didn't post a meme that you hate so much this time.

MNNWWUAUAHAAAHAA. But he was right, so my apologies to Duckber for making fun of his SEL criticism. :drinks_cheers:

No worries mate, all good. Thanks for the photos. You're the only one who is man enough to do so, I respect that.

I'm definitely interested in someone with the gen taking head to head pics of the dial and lug shape. I think we've already extensively discussed AR, SEL, and SEL midlink. I'd love to see a comparison of the lug shape and dial size to put those to bed. Definitely waiting for Pietros' head to head comparison.

So you're saying that real Rolex at first made too sharp lugs and are now more rounded?
More similar to what is in vs12 ..?

I was not talking about lugs in that post at all... it was about SEL variation with gen Rolexes and what we may assume to be a factor in an update by VSF in the future.

modernclassic you know what to look for; please compare crystal quality, dial and insert size between the two reps when you get a chance!

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowFin

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Yes, it feels lighter than my Noob V8 114060 bracelet.
I didn’t feel any sharp edges. The watch is really comfortable on the wrist...

It’s just a minor “complaint”, and I can’t even compare it to gen.
I might say the rest of the watch feels and looks perfect to me!
I don’t know how much better reps can become.

Good job, once again, VSF!

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I don’t know how much better reps can become.

Good job, once again, VSF!

Seems like they’re at 98-99% now on the externals. The smallest tweaks could be done but they’re hardly worth much effort. They’re nearly gen at this point. Going to a free sprung balance could be the ultimate movement upgrade.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I've had some time to look over this now and I'm pleased to say that I am overall really very impressed with it. It exudes quality much like the 11 series VSF Subs.
It's the LV that I got and it is significantly different enough to the Hulk that is worth having in the collection too. I don't think there is much point me adding the LN when I have the gen and VSF 11 series LN's in the box as well, but black and green is a nice compromise between wearing your Hulk and the LN, so this will get wrist.

Is it as good as the VSF116610LN? In my opinion, yes and no.

I would say the 126610 watch head is better than the 116610. The bezels turns, sits, springs and feels very gen like. The coloured insert set and gap around the outer edge is perfect as is the platinum (silver paint) fill. Unwinding the crown feels buttery just like gen, screwing it back feels almost as clean. Crystal is great, on par with the 116610! Winding feels zzzzzzzzz, not sure if the 3235 is like that as I don't have one. The rehaut is great, good enough for me, better than 116610 but not perfect, the serials don't line up right between the minute markers..being picky here (I don't care about the wrong R in the 116610 nevermind this). I say it beats the 116610 because the rehaut is better and the bezel rotate feels (even) better... but that's just my example, yours may differ. Dial is tremendous as is the DW both with 3d gloss paint fonts. Can't fault it at all.

The bracelet on the 126610 is great, against the genuine I'll score it 88% but the 116610 gets 95%. The 116610 is silkier, softer, slides between your hands and glides over your fingers. The SEL's on the 126610 drop the ball, in particular the midlink is too low and not quite defined enough along the edges. Clasp and glide are very substantial but my glide is stiff (some grease will sort it) and clasp edges sharp. The 126610 is sharper around all the edges. No matter, I have a Bergeon buff stick and a spare hour later on to deal with that. But ootb, the 116610 bracelet is better imo.

I am very pleased, it's a terrific watch. It really 'pops' like a genuine Rolex! Very impressive and terrific build quality, with a little refinishing on my part, this will feel like a genuine watch...and we all know it looks indistinguishable! I like what Rolex has done with the Submariner, it's a nice evolution, the 116610 is now a modernclassic!:wowa:

If I had to choose between them, the 116610 takes it. It's a little more refined again. Another amazing watch from VSF, I can't believe it. It's like they are giving away Rolex watches for £350.. get in now folks before Rolex shut them down!!! These VSF are 'Rolex made in China'!
ZrTPts.jpg
ZrTTNY.jpg

More please Mr VSF, lots lots more!! Keep them coming, I'll buy another box..:drool:

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Seems like they’re at 98-99% now on the externals. The smallest tweaks could be done but they’re hardly worth much effort. They’re nearly gen at this point. Going to a free sprung balance could be the ultimate movement upgrade.

they should use white gold for the indexes and hands

Joelb727

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Irvine, CA
I've had some time to look over this now and I'm pleased to say that I am overall really very impressed with it. It exudes quality much like the 11 series VSF Subs.
It's the LV that I got and it is significantly different enough to the Hulk that is worth having in the collection too. I don't think there is much point me adding the LN when I have the gen and VSF 11 series LN's in the box as well, but black and green is a nice compromise between wearing your Hulk and the LN, so this will get wrist.

Is it as good as the VSF116610LN? In my opinion, yes and no.

I would say the 126610 watch head is better than the 116610. The bezels turns, sits, springs and feels very gen like. The coloured insert set and gap around the outer edge is perfect as is the platinum (silver paint) fill. Unwinding the crown feels buttery just like gen, screwing it back feels almost as clean. Crystal is great, on par with the 116610! Winding feels zzzzzzzzz, not sure if the 3235 is like that as I don't have one. The rehaut is great, good enough for me, better than 116610 but not perfect, the serials don't line up right between the minute markers..being picky here (I don't care about the wrong R in the 116610 nevermind this). I say it beats the 116610 because the rehaut is better and the bezel rotate feels (even) better... but that's just my example, yours may differ. Dial is tremendous as is the DW both with 3d gloss paint fonts. Can't fault it at all.

The bracelet on the 126610 is great, against the genuine I'll score it 88% but the 116610 gets 95%. The 116610 is silkier, softer, slides between your hands and glides over your fingers. The SEL's on the 126610 drop the ball, in particular the midlink is too low and not quite defined enough along the edges. Clasp and glide are very substantial but my glide is stiff (some grease will sort it) and clasp edges sharp. The 126610 is sharper around all the edges. No matter, I have a Bergeon buff stick and a spare hour later on to deal with that. But ootb, the 116610 bracelet is better imo.

I am very pleased, it's a terrific watch. It really 'pops' like a genuine Rolex! Very impressive and terrific build quality, with a little refinishing on my part, this will feel like a genuine watch...and we all know it looks indistinguishable! I like what Rolex has done with the Submariner, it's a nice evolution, the 116610 is now a modernclassic!:wowa:

If I had to choose between them, the 116610 takes it. It's a little more refined again. Another amazing watch from VSF, I can't believe it. It's like they are giving away Rolex watches for £350.. get in now folks before Rolex shut them down!!! These VSF are 'Rolex made in China'!
ZrTPts.jpg
ZrTTNY.jpg

More please Mr VSF, lots lots more!! Keep them coming, I'll buy another box..:drool:

Nice write up! Very thorough. Thanks.

I have the LN (haven't taken it off since getting it) and the LV should be in my hands in the next few days.