• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

FadeToBlack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/20
I have no idea.
they definitely opened TD package - box that TD used was missing. It looks like watch was removed from coffin. It also seemed like “authenticity card” was removed. I have feeling they checked the watch.
I talked with some women yesterday on the phone, it seemed like she knew why package wasn’t delivered but she didn’t want to say much. I just told her to deliver the package. Today she called and apologized for inconvenience. It was very weird.

Sounds to me as if whoever opened it checked the authenticity and found out it was not gen otherwise package might have "disappeared"
Glad you got it in good condition! Enjoy, it is an awesome rep!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That helps to explain the sofer appearance of the SEL midlink. Are they all the same though? Can everyone look at thiers and confirm? I know my 2 VSF 11's are inconsistent, one with slightly better SEL that the other...

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Honestly, I think you guys are just trying to find "errors" at this point. This is a losing battle.

No worries, I love that rep. It's awesome and I just looked at the SELs for scientific purpose. No one's ever going to notice that on your wrist. Same as the first bracelet link that's a tiny bit wider than the gen one. Scientifically observable, but irrelevant in real life.

Reactions: BOSSK

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Imagine when a jewellery store gets their hands on a gen to do a “professional refinish”. It’ll be soft everywhere then !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Honestly, I think you guys are just trying to find "errors" at this point. This is a losing battle.

Whilst I agree, it is there. Gonna have to sell my LV as soon as it arrives.

Blurrrgghhhh

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
OK, VSF may be able to improve there but we all have to agree there is a level of tolerance even in gens. Below are a few I found in a quick search and as we can see they are in no way uniform.

ZrrFQk.png

ZrrNxY.png

ZrrfWD.png

Eseips

5/4/16
I received my 126610LV and I absolutely love it. Pics don´t do that watch any justice. Have had many gen Rolex and this one looks and feels just amazing. Wonderful piece. Also mine runs super accurate at around +1/+2 seconds a day, i cannot believe how good it is. If you´´re thinking about getting one... get one.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Looking forward to the posts soon

“I RLd 5 watches due to the centres of SELs not being raised enough”

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
So again, this not baiting or trying to incite arguments. I am replying to you since you asked, and this is just my opinion.

I agree with you, and you may not have noticed but I am one to also criticize Rolex for their lack of QC lately. Their rehauts, cyclops, and now their SELs are completely random. Yes there is variance in terms of SEL. I believe that those were in initial batches and have been phased out of production now. If I received one of those with bad SELs I'd be pretty annoyed knowing that others have received flawless SELs like these for the same amount of money:

ZroROo.png
ZroNjk.png
Zro7vD.png
Zrov6Y.png
ZrofdJ.jpg

These are gens with flawless SEL recession, and I think that the ones shown were from initial batches are not produced like that anymore. But if someone gets one with messed up SELs there's nothing you can do but bend over and take what Rolex gives you in today's climate, so what can you do really? They'd laugh at you and say it's part of QC tolerances and if you don't like it someone else will gladly take it.

I mean imagine getting this when those end links exist, as I posted this a couple times:

ZroSaW.jpg

I think modernclassic called himself something like a case and crown fanatic or something like that. I'm similar but for SELs. Those SELs look offputting to me, gen and rep alike. It's why I love my 116610 by VSF, they knocked it out the park. Midlink SEL is also very sharp. Even with recessed end links the mid links seem pretty soft and not sharp like on gen with VSF's 126.

Now again no one will ever call people out on these things, it's not a bad rep, but we all have tolerances for what we are okay and not okay with with flaws. I could let go of many things as flaws. But for ME personally, SELs are a standard that I think defines a luxurious Rolex watch. And I do have a feeling that VSF will eventually tighten up their SELs (still think this is more to do with their factory making them and will eventually be congruent much like their 116) so it's worth waiting for me.

It's like getting a tilted cyclops and showing gen Rolexes with tilted cyclops. It's like yeah, Rolex messed up too... but I'd like to avoid it if I can ya know? So for me it's worth waiting, as one thing I'd give VSF credit for is that they seem to be pushing silent updates constantly as time goes on. They already updated a handful of things without even stating a word. It also makes me hesitant to ever get a day one purchase for a VSF ever considering they push updates around the clock lol. It's been confirmed they are releasing the GMT's in half a year's time and I'll likely wait a few months after to pick up a Pepsi with all the after-release updates they do.

So you're saying that real Rolex at first made too sharp lugs and are now more rounded?
More similar to what is in vs12 ..?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Sounds to me as if whoever opened it checked the authenticity and found out it was not gen otherwise package might have "disappeared"
Glad you got it in good condition! Enjoy, it is an awesome rep!

I don’t know what happened exactly. In a way I think they know if gen Rolex disappeared there could be a big lawsuit.
There was some woman in Miami that sued shit out of usps because package with jewelry was missing. Many people got fired. they were trying to cove up theft. Eventually she got her jewelry back.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Here are my QC pictures. Allready GLd. Cant wait for it to arrive. Loooking goood :)

Looks very promising my friend! Hope your wait's not as long as mine was lol

Cheers.

Reactions: nefret