• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Well, sharp edges on the outside of the link is easy, but how about of the sharp edges on the inside of the link. That is a hell of a lot of work and you need the right tools to
take the link apart. So I don‘t think it is easy. Most of my watches have sharp inside edges.

I just had a look at my 2yr old daily worn genuine 116610LN and checked the insides of the links, they are sharp too and that's after being used as a daily for so long. Rolex dont seem to have smoothed off the insides of the links, just the outside edges.. and the sides of the bendy top bit of my clasp is still pretty razor sharp too! Gen' is not what you may think.....

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I just had a look at my 2yr old daily worn genuine 116610LN and checked the insides of the links, they are sharp too and that's after being used as a daily for so long. Rolex dont seem to have smoothed off the insides of the links, just the outside edges.. and the sides of the bendy top bit of my clasp is still pretty razor sharp too! Gen' is not what you may think.....

Yup I know new gen Rolex watches have sharp edges. When buying slightly used Rolex that’s the easiest way to tell if watch was refinished.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Just another follow up. Marvellous Replica asked the factory about the AR on the underside of the crystal. He said they said "same like gen. No further reply except that. "

Of course the factory is gonna say that... :lol:

So Mary says there is colorless AR on the inside of the crystal and Marvellous Replica says the factory says same as gen. That's all the info I've gotten from TD's.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I'm no AR expert, but I can't imagine having AR coating on the OUTSIDE of a crystal. It'd be like a AR coating on lenses which is prone to scratching, and I've never seen a watch crystal with a scratched coating like I have camera lenses.

Reactions: stufuse

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Info straight from RSC
Crystal is 29.8mm and has underside AR on whole crystal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone measured the VSF crystal? Do we know if it is same measurement as gen or are they using the 29.5 as they do on the 116610's?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
With this.

9c9dc41fe3bf498af74d2256411ffb8e.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Has anyone used it? A link and a partnumber would be nice. So would a little tutorial - Not just on this model but I'd like to see a good, real tutorial on how to polish, brush, and even refinish the edges properly.

It would help rather than me figuring it out on my own by making a few mistakes.

Also I've watched some "how to" vids and they're a matures doing it incorrectly. It would be nice if somekne knows of a goood tutorial vid and could post iy or start a thewad. Anyway.... /rant

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I'm no AR expert, but I can't imagine having AR coating on the OUTSIDE of a crystal. It'd be like a AR coating on lenses which is prone to scratching, and I've never seen a watch crystal with a scratched coating like I have camera lenses.

Yeah watches with outside AR coatings do scratch and leave ugly marks. Many Omegas and Breitlings as examples have outside coating.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yeah watches with outside AR coatings do scratch and leave ugly marks. Many Omegas and Breitlings as examples have outside coating.

I used to have Prof Steve 2xAR crystals installed on my APs. After a few wear I would notice scratches. Basically you don’t want to keep your hands in your pockets. After a while crystal looked like shit.

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Info straight from RSC
Crystal is 29.8mm and has underside AR on whole crystal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We knew Rolex had underside AR applied. It is indicated on the LEC. I think people are unsure if rep crystal has it or not.

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Outside AR is awful... it's a real problem with gen seamasters etc

Yes I've had a few TAG Heuers and a seamaster in the past which had double AR and the outside layer was scratch magnet. Looked good I remember when it was new tho.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Outside AR is awful... it's a real problem with gen seamasters etc

My Superocean is ten years old and has a single tiiiiny scratch you can only see at a certain angle. No issue on my other gens, seven and five years old. I'd always go for double sided AR, 10k for a watch without it is a joke.

Reactions: fatarms and Mille M

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
My Superocean is ten years old and has a single tiiiiny scratch you can only see at a certain angle. No issue on my other gens, seven and five years old. I'd always go for double sided AR, 10k for a watch without it is a joke.

Yeah, I have a 7 year old gen Breitling Seawolf Avenger II and the AR is still completely intact.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Yeah, I have a 7 year old gen Breitling Seawolf Avenger II and the AR is still completely intact.

agreed. i have a 15yr old chronomat evolution.....not only has it taken massive beatings that i swore i cracked the crystal.
but AR is still in tact. crystal is perfect with no chips or scratches. doesn't look like a 15yr old watch. still in excellent condition.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I don't mind the lack of AR relative to gen nor the ever so slightly smaller dial size. Lugs are not a huge factor for me since even though they might not be exactly the same, I still prefer these over the fatter lugs of the previous gen. But does anyone with the recent batch have a good SEL recession? The initial bracelet had some flushness and fit and finish issues that apparently got fixed but I don't see too many photos of the new end link placement.
Z88sdY.jpg

I'm big on SELs, once I see VSF do SELs like these on their 126 reps I'll jump on it. Can anyone with the new bracelet take photos of the SEL recession?

Last edited: