• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Guys, I just got clarification from RSC
3235 running on 55 lift angle
Sorry for confusion

But that’s may not applied to the rep movement as not all parts are per gen spec
So for us any lift between 52-55 is good base on timegrapher, and believe me is not going to change a lot from 53 to 55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks misiekped!

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I have my tracking number and im checking several times a day :) Not moved since 8 of january... cant wait!

Mine landed in Chicago 2 days ago but tracking didn’t show that until today.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Guys, I just got clarification from RSC
3235 running on 55 lift angle
Sorry for confusion

But that’s may not applied to the rep movement as not all parts are per gen spec
So for us any lift between 52-55 is good base on timegrapher, and believe me is not going to change a lot from 53 to 55

Vsf said in their marketing release that the vs3235 should be on a 59 lifting angle as for what reason i have no idea, they also said amplitude shouldn't be more than 280

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Vsf said in their marketing release that the vs3235 should be on a 59 lifting angle as for what reason i have no idea, they also said amplitude shouldn't be more than 280

Thanks Jay. I knew I’d red that somewhere and I believe it was a post by you maybe on Reddit?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
Got my shipping confirmation, she’s on her way :)

A3-CC1692-412-C-4946-ACDB-F02-C92-FD2-B8-B.jpg

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Been away since yesterday AM. Came back today. Thread went as expected....

For the avoidance of doubt, this post isn't for the benefit of the truculent problem child of the forum.

VSF shot from around 1.8m, no focal or lens distortion. Typically this camera distance would be similar to how watches would be shot for e-commerce platforms, and also CAD renders.

Unfortunately, its not very sharp - the camera took a fall a while ago and needs a service. I should have probably closed the blinds as the right side of the watch is blown, but anyway...

DSC-7727.jpg

Good to have you back.

I am still unconvinced even with this shot that the lug taper is accurate to gen:
Z69Xrn.jpg

The taper of your lug profile and end link profile, even with that focal length, does not look gen-like. The lugs on gen start out a smudge wider and the slope from one end to another is more definitive. Although the end link profile may have gotten better in the new bracelet update.

"Furthermore, I don't have any decent measuring tool. However, by placing a sheet of paper across the 116610 insert and marking the width with a fine point, and then taking that measure to the 126610, it is clear that the 126610 insert is larger. Larger by the distance between the edge of the 3 indice and the edge of the insert. / around .3 / .5mm"

That's interesting. It goes against Replismios measurements, so one of you messed up somewhere. Furthermore, something more interesting is that crown and caliber's video stated that the dial increased in size while the insert stayed the same size, so the 126610's insert has a relatively smaller insert in comparison to the whole watch compared to the 116610. So, if they are accurate in their finding, this is inaccurate on VSF regardless if your findings are correct and Replismio's isn't. Although much is to be explored on this topic, I'm sure, so I won't make any definitive statements, just making some notes here.

So you've touched up on the lugs and insert. What about the bracelet update? You left that out. One actual update that proved I was right about at least one aspect that needed work was something... very easy to accidentally overlook, I'm sure. Remember the first criticism I had? how the end link profile can be worked on? And you gave me a ton of shit for it? Well, I was right, and it did update. Care to comment?

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Thanks Jay. I knew I’d red that somewhere and I believe it was a post by you maybe on Reddit?

Yeah, i did a post regarding that why the vs3235 has a lower amplitude than the 3135 and some other information about it. VS shared a lot of information with sellers about the 3235 movement because apparently their were some knock off of their watches going around lol

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Yeah, i did a post regarding that why the vs3235 has a lower amplitude than the 3135 and some other information about it. VS shared a lot of information with sellers about the 3235 movement because apparently their were some knock off of their watches going around lol

I’ve got a forum crush on you because of all the wonderful VSF knowledge you bring to the table. I remember we had a tiff a few months back over something stupid (basically nothing compared to Duckber vs muiramas lol), but now all I feel is love. #nohomo.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I’ve got a forum crush on you because of all the wonderful VSF knowledge you bring to the table. I remember we had a tiff a few months back over something stupid (basically nothing compared to Duckber vs muiramas lol), but now all I feel is love. #nohomo.

Im here to learn from others and to try to share the little i know. I have no hard feelings for anyone on here, im very happy to be part of such nice community.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
And following what i preach, here's the info from vsf i got from a friend in china back when the 126xxx with 3235 was released. I will attach the chinese caption as well:

English:
The 3235 movement released by the VS factory has the same 59° as the original product( as per information lifting angle is 55 on gen) . This point needs to be explained. It is not the common 52° in the market. This is also the difference between the market version and the VS factory. Modulate the lift angle data to 59°, and watch the data in 20 seconds. If the lift angle is set to 52°, the full string swing is higher than 270°, it must not be the VS factory 3235 and genuine 3235 movements. If it is set to 52 degrees, the swing of the submariner of the VS factory is less than two hundred

Chinese:

VS厂发布的3235机芯摆轮升角是和正品一样的59°,这一点需要说明,不是市场常见的52°,这也是市场版本和VS厂不一样的地方,上校表仪的时候,记得把升角数据调制59°,走时20秒看数据,如果设置了52°升角上满弦摆幅高于270°的必定不是VS厂3235和正品3235机芯。如果设置52度,那么VS厂的水鬼摆幅是不到两百的。

关于指针以及中轴,夜明珠,刻度等不再描述​​​​​

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Any actually side by side comparison available yet on the vsf vs gen?

There is one pic of LV vsf and gen next to each other. They are pretty much identical. I would say green insert is in 90-95% accurate. You won’t be able to see difference in real life especially on the wrist. Buy with confidence.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Mine landed in Chicago 2 days ago but tracking didn’t show that until today.

It may be a long wait.
I just got this notification from USPS:

“ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.”

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
Guys, I’m confused now
I got a reading qc from Andrew where the lift angle was set to 52, amplitude was 309
are you saying its not VSF but something else?
please explain
thanks

Mr.Paneristi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/18
There is one pic of LV vsf and gen next to each other. They are pretty much identical. I would say green insert is in 90-95% accurate. You won’t be able to see difference in real life especially on the wrist. Buy with confidence.

Any links to these pics?

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
And following what i preach, here's the info from vsf i got from a friend in china back when the 126xxx with 3235 was released. I will attach the chinese caption as well:

English:
The 3235 movement released by the VS factory has the same 59° as the original product( as per information lifting angle is 55 on gen) . This point needs to be explained. It is not the common 52° in the market. This is also the difference between the market version and the VS factory. Modulate the lift angle data to 59°, and watch the data in 20 seconds. If the lift angle is set to 52°, the full string swing is higher than 270°, it must not be the VS factory 3235 and genuine 3235 movements. If it is set to 52 degrees, the swing of the submariner of the VS factory is less than two hundred

Chinese:

VS厂发布的3235机芯摆轮升角是和正品一样的59°,这一点需要说明,不是市场常见的52°,这也是市场版本和VS厂不一样的地方,上校表仪的时候,记得把升角数据调制59°,走时20秒看数据,如果设置了52°升角上满弦摆幅高于270°的必定不是VS厂3235和正品3235机芯。如果设置52度,那么VS厂的水鬼摆幅是不到两百的。

关于指针以及中轴,夜明珠,刻度等不再描述​​​​​

I will check tonight what the lift is actually on VS balance