• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Approved QC already, I'm not OCD. Watch looks fine to me. No one handles my watches but me, No major defects in workmanship, date wheel seems to be straight, Sels look alright, crystal seems good, but the dial maybe .03mm off. lol

Time-126610.png

126610-straight-shot-23-date.png

126610-Sels.png

Reactions: stufuse and Pietros

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I serviced few gens 3235 and they are working on lower amplitude, 250-270
290 was max which I noticed

On mine VS I put gen balance and it’s running about 260 on all positions with constant +2 timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's excellent performance. Did you use a gen bridge as well? Or just the balance?

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
My LN is on the plane to the US now. It may take long time at customs. I think I will get LV before CNY.
LN that my TD sent me is actually H7Z but QC looked amazing, good sel and very good crystal. I’m not sure how much they could improve crystal on new batch and if it needed any improvement.

Yeah, I agree. I have an H7Z but everything looked good in the QC pics I got - rehaut, crystal and clasp spacing and gaps. And even with the clasp, no one is gonna notice that. Mine is coming through Chicago, Mary has a pre-printed label waiting there for it so that's better than NYC. I have had watches sit in customs at NYC for as long as 18 days. I think they have one person working there or something...

Reactions: rcom440

Venniz

26/7/20
Yeah, I agree. I have an H7Z but everything looked good in the QC pics I got - rehaut, crystal and clasp spacing and gaps. And even with the clasp, no one is gonna notice that. Mine is coming through Chicago, Mary has a pre-printed label waiting there for it so that's better than NYC. I have had watches sit in customs at NYC for as long as 18 days. I think they have one person working there or something...

Watch is going to be seized probably. Happening to me.

Edit : I had to go to jail for 3 months. :innocent:

Edit : Kidding but seriously your watch is probably going to be seized. Same is happening to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowFin

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
misiekped
hi, would you be worried if the amplitude measured was 309 (lift angle 52)? I already approved but now I’m a bit worried.
I have a servicing/oiling scheduled, if that makes a difference.
thank you kindly for your answer.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Watch is going to be seized probably. Happening to me.

He said " I have had watches sit in customs at NYC ".
So it's not this watch. He said this one will be going through Chicago.
Nothing will be seized.
I think you misunderstood his post.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

I have label already printed and waiting for china 4PX post at Forest Park, GA. Last watch I ordered took forever to arrive. It was sent by SF post. I hope this time things will move quickly. Before CNY I will order ether Kermit or Hulk. I need to rebuild my Rolex collection. I sold my Rolex reps to buy Panerais. Now I feel like selling some of Pams and buy a few Rolex reps.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Approved QC already, I'm not OCD. Watch looks fine to me. No one handles my watches but me, No major defects in workmanship, date wheel seems to be straight, Sels look alright, crystal seems good, but the dial maybe .03mm off. lol

Time-126610.png

126610-straight-shot-23-date.png

126610-Sels.png

Looks great. I dont think you need to worry about .03mm off. It's probably just the angle picture was taken. Watch looks great. Btw. I'm also in FL.
Someone should throw Florida based GTG. I miss one in NYC when I lived up north.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
[mention]bgreg [/mention] watch looks real nice, enjoy

glee79

9/3/17
I have my tracking number and im checking several times a day :) Not moved since 8 of january... cant wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arik dahan

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
3235 runs on 53 degrees, Rolex changed their spec sheet after announcing 55 deg

Guys, I just got clarification from RSC
3235 running on 55 lift angle
Sorry for confusion

But that’s may not applied to the rep movement as not all parts are per gen spec
So for us any lift between 52-55 is good base on timegrapher, and believe me is not going to change a lot from 53 to 55

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
No, I am not. I have still not seen the lugs to my satisfaction. But we can agree to disagree, I am glad you enjoy the watch.

Now, can you show me a picture of a VSF that looks like the watch on the left per your original photo?

Are you referring to the lugs that appear slightly concave towards the tips? Like on below image?

Z6OFOo.jpg

Reactions: Mille M

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
I don't know if he if referring to that, but one other issue he has pointed out is the lugs on the rep appeared chamfered which does not look to be the case with gen...

I have neither, so I can't really comment on it.

Are you referring to the lugs that appear slightly concave towards the tips? Like on below image?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Been away since yesterday AM. Came back today. Thread went as expected....

For the avoidance of doubt, this post isn't for the benefit of the truculent problem child of the forum.

VSF shot from around 1.8m, no focal or lens distortion. Typically this camera distance would be similar to how watches would be shot for e-commerce platforms, and also CAD renders.

Unfortunately, its not very sharp - the camera took a fall a while ago and needs a service. I should have probably closed the blinds as the right side of the watch is blown, but anyway...

DSC-7727.jpg

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I don't know if he if referring to that, but one other issue he has pointed out is the lugs on the rep appeared chamfered which does not look to be the case with gen...

The lugs are every bit as sharp as the VSF 116610. It can be common for light to 'wrap' around the edge of a brushed surface. You'll see the same with gen photos if you have a quick look on Google.

Furthermore, I don't have any decent measuring tool. However, by placing a sheet of paper across the 116610 insert and marking the width with a fine point, and then taking that measure to the 126610, it is clear that the 126610 insert is larger. Larger by the distance between the edge of the 3 indice and the edge of the insert. / around .3 / .5mm

Last edited:
Reactions: rcom440 and stufuse