• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
So without me even asking (I only asked for more photos of the SEL gap) my TD got me another watch. Unfortunately, now it looks like the date is too high. I’ve seen many photos of these watches and I haven’t seen a date mis-centered like this. For now, I’ve asked for photos of another date to be sure. Can I have everyone’s thoughts? I’m only this picky because of the near $600 cost of the watch all in. Also the amplitude is only 230. I asked for a photo of it fully wound. If it’s 230 fully wound, that’s a clear red light. It’s a bummer because everything else about the watch looks great. Thanks everyone for your input.

25b49038abd8b20b8de3f32ec5a08538.jpg

59357698dbabd352bc5ef3b113dfeaf3.jpg

60653c641f4a5b5310d2a2280f28989b.jpg
Gl it. Don't over think it

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
This is the trouble, when you start getting finicky over small details TDs smell theres an “change it” coming and try get ahead of it. Moreover, this is typical what happens when obsessing over small stuff.

Looks like You have the same looking ‘Gap’ in the sel (which I think is shadow) and a worse date now.

I get people wanting the best model they can obtain but QC are for checking correct models and for cosmetic defects rather than factory tolerances issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchgeek41

26/3/13
Thanks guys, sometimes you get lost in QC pics and need someone to bring you back to reality. Appreciate the input. If this watch is as good as it looks I might have to sell one of my TCs haha

Reactions: Pietros

alexcast

23/6/19
Calm down guys it’s a rep all reps got flaws even the gens got flaws

For those too picky why don’t you open your own replica factory?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Ok guys let’s see some more pics of LN and LV including wrist shots.
I’m actually thinking about adding LV too.

Same here. And I still don't have my LN yet. This one is taking a while from China, hasn't even hit the states yet. Suspense is killing me lol. Been in this game now for almost 9 years though, so I know the only cure is patience.

I just wonder if VSF is going to do the shark version as well, if so I'll hold out for that one, I like it more than the LV and figure they'll make it about the same price as the LV.

Reactions: watchgeek41

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Same here. And I still don't have my LN yet. This one is taking a while from China, hasn't even hit the states yet. Suspense is killing me lol. Been in this game now for almost 9 years though, so I know the only cure is patience.

My last order took about 3.5 weeks in total. Yikes.

watchgeek41

26/3/13
This is the trouble, when you start getting finicky over small details TDs smell theres an “change it” coming and try get ahead of it. Moreover, this is typical what happens when obsessing over small stuff.

Looks like You have the same looking ‘Gap’ in the sel (which I think is shadow) and a worse date now.

I get people wanting the best model they can obtain but QC are for checking correct models and for cosmetic defects rather than factory tolerances issues.

I agree. I’ve been at this for almost 8 years and many watches and I still find myself acting like an amateur sometimes when it comes to QC pics (at least on reps that are over $500)

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

I just wonder if VSF is going to do the shark version as well, if so I'll hold out for that one, I like it more than the LV and figure they'll make it about the same price as the LV.

My LN is on the plane to the US now. It may take long time at customs. I think I will get LV before CNY.
LN that my TD sent me is actually H7Z but QC looked amazing, good sel and very good crystal. I’m not sure how much they could improve crystal on new batch and if it needed any improvement.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
From what I've read the VS3235's lift angle should be set to 59 on the timegrapher and not the normal 52 we'd use for ETA movements, or the amplitude reading will be lower than it should. Most TDs don't make this change. But also the amplitude of this movement is lower anyway, so 230 sounds like it's within the correct parameters.

I would hate to be a TD trying to please this crowd. I see people complaining about the silliest things in QC pics. I understand wanting everything to be as good as possible, but damn....

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I agree. I’ve been at this for almost 8 years and many watches and I still find myself acting like an amateur sometimes when it comes to QC pics (at least on reps that are over $500)

Listen, I’ve done it too, these threads don’t always help do they, haha.

Ive always I come to my senses in the end.

Reactions: watchgeek41

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
If you read the posts in this thread, you’d know that it’s not a “clear red light”. Now since I know 80% of these posts are Duckber and other bickering back and forth - and who the hell would want to sort through that stuff to find what you need..... I will gladly inform you that the VSF 3285 movement (and Gen 3285) run at a lower amplitude than the 3185’s. Also the lift angle should not be set to 52 degrees on the timegrapher (should be higher - 58-59 degrees) which would give you a higher amplitude. Your watch is fine.

3235 runs on 53 degrees, Rolex changed their spec sheet after announcing 55 deg

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

Thank you for that update! Valuable info for timegrapher nerds.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
So, after 80-plus pages that I´ve been following on the thread, I would like to ask for your personal opinions on the aesthetics of the watch. I´m torn between the 116610LN and the 126610LN VSF. I have the VSF Hulk and it is fantastic in my eyes. What do you guys think about the bigger specs of the 126610LN?

Reactions: masterpiece777

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

Thanks for the clarification (I was just reiterating what I read earlier on). Do you find any issue with the amplitude?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Calm down guys it’s a rep all reps got flaws even the gens got flaws

For those too picky why don’t you open your own replica factory?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I am in 100% agreement with you, and that was my mantra all along. It's just that when I mention certain flaws people say they don't exist. But once they realize they exist, they disappear. Funny, that.

Not picky, all my reps have flaws, and love them all :drinks_cheers:

So, after 80-plus pages that I´ve been following on the thread, I would like to ask for your personal opinions on the aesthetics of the watch. I´m torn between the 116610LN and the 126610LN VSF. I have the VSF Hulk and it is fantastic in my eyes. What do you guys think about the bigger specs of the 126610LN?

If you have been following all thread long then this has to be bait :tongue: My opinion aside, you're in the VSF 126610 thread; that's like going to a Trump rally and asking who should be president. What do you think your answer is going to be?

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Thanks for the clarification (I was just reiterating what I read earlier on). Do you find any issue with the amplitude?

I serviced few gens 3235 and they are working on lower amplitude, 250-270
290 was max which I noticed

On mine VS I put gen balance and it’s running about 260 on all positions with constant +2 timing

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

they will make shark.