• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Duckber, just buy the VSF and see for yourself, all of your comments are unqualified to the core unless you have it in hand and compared it. Well, you claim you seen and compared the gen, so did I but why couldn't I come the conclusions the same as yours? You don't have the watch and yet you know the ins and outs of the watch, that is pretty ironic, right? You know what my AD said, he said Rolex is damn smart, used the hulk insert on the 126610lv- so 0.3 or 0.1mm, man, you really have some super cool binocular super vision..

You honestly don't seem to have an eye for detail and are clearly biased hoping VSF is the best thing since sliced bread, I wouldn't exactly call you an objective person. Also, since when is one supposed to own the watch in order to make comments and ask questions? I'm citing sources of those that did handle the gen and the rep respectively. Also, I'm not particularly sure what the point you're trying to make for the insert is exactly. I know the dial has definitively gone up in size by .3mm.

Tagging Replisimio since it has not worked last time btw

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefcake and tribal

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Jesus, so much bickering. Caliper measurements can put the matter to bed. Has anyone done side by side measurements? If so, please post. If not, then no point wasting your breath.

Replisimio did. Would be cool if he can elaborate.

But, again... it's been confirmed by a watch smith that the VSF 126 uses a 3135 date indicator seating and date disc, which logically means it must be 3135 sized dial. Let's not forget this piece of information.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
I won't bring up the lugs as that has been beaten to death but:

1) crystal still needs more AR

2) size of dial and bezel insert not increased, they're sourcing the 116610 versions and made the outer bezel rim bigger to compensate for the increase in size

3) SELs not recessed enough compared to latest Rolex batches

So the 116610 is still the more accurate rep by VSF
Totally Bullshit, I have one from the 2.batch and it's really the best crystal I've seen on a Rep. Great Blackhole and Halo effect on it. Date is great. SEL's are recessed enough. Quality Bracelet, Winding Crown is sharp like gen and also smooth.
Great Indicies on the Dial with right shape. Great Ceramic Inlay.

Best Sub I've seen OTB.
That's it!
6e8062415b1d8e02d47fd9a04f0c6adb.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Totally Bullshit, I have one from the 2.batch and it's really the best crystal I've seen on a Rep. Great Blackhole and Halo effect on it. Date is great. SEL's are recessed enough. Quality Bracelet, Winding Crown is sharp like gen and also smooth.
Great Indicies on the Dial with right shape. Great Ceramic Inlay.

Best Sub I've seen OTB.
That's it!
6e8062415b1d8e02d47fd9a04f0c6adb.jpg

Okay, did you compare the crystal to gen? Blackhole effect has been minimized on the new generation cause of the added AR on the crystal actually.

SELs don't look great here to be frank with you. Especially not compared to the SELs from the latest batches from Rolex so I'm going to have to disagree here.

I'm glad they fixed the left adjacent datewheel, looks nice and perfectly centered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fraflo87

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Okay, did you compare the crystal to gen? Blackhole effect has been minimized on the new generation cause of the added AR on the crystal actually.

SELs don't look great here to be frank with you. Especially not compared to the SELs from the latest batches from Rolex so I'm going to have to disagree here.

I'm glad they fixed the left adjacent datewheel, looks nice and perfectly centered.
Man, I'm in the repgame since over 20 years. Build a lot of Franken watches in the years, handled hundred of gen crystals. When I tell u it's good as it is, than it is! Do u handled the watch in Person or judge just from the Pics?
This one don't need any mods, as gen Crystal, Datewheel etc.
It's OTB fine!

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Man, I'm in the repgame since over 20 years. Build a lot of Franken watches in the years, handled hundred of gen crystals. When I tell u it's good as it is, than it is! Do u handled the watch in Person or judge just from the Pics?
It's OTB fine!

Well mate, Duckber is the President of Rolex and very meticulously improves different batches of the watch coming out ensuring that the SELs are improved than the previous batch, 0.1 or 0.3mm differences are sorted out and AR is applied properly. That's why VSF has a lot of defects because they can't live up to the supposed "new" batches Rolex churns out every now and then under his supervision. VS needs to contact this guy so that they could improve their batches-- he's just a troll who likes to trash everyone out there without any substantive knowledge and especially trashes those who have been in the rep game for quite a long time. The fact that he ain't got the watch makes me laugh so bad, like, how can you criticise without even owning it?? Based on pictures, meh!!
Man, you are quite an old timer, being here since 2006, and this guy is just trashing someone who has a lot of experience, can't imagine how shortsighted he is!!!

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
you will never see these small flaws on your wrist. I think for the DW it's just a badly taken photo. You will be very happy with your watch !!!

Yea, some won’t see it but I’ve often found if I’ve notice a leaning marker in QC you definitely see it on wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

2) size of dial and bezel insert not increased, they're sourcing the 116610 versions and made the outer bezel rim bigger to compensate for the increase in size

You’re right, I’ll rephrase, 126 is not a better ‘rep’ as replication is to clone accurately. So yes the 116 is more accurate.

I mean as an offering out the box (for me) the 126 is a better offering. just like I liked the zzf over the vsf despite the case differences.

On your point about the 116 parts, I don’t know but I can definitely believe what you’ve said.

They want to make money after all. With such small differences in size, as a business why would you outsource to produce another dial that’s the same in its details but 0.3 bigger and incur those costs.

They may have done this but I can believe they haven’t too.

Reactions: Pietros

moonylove

Horology Curious
6/1/21
Hi all, sorry I'm very new in the rep watch. been wanting to get a repsub. so can i ask if i want a sub good out of the box this vsf 126610 VS3235 movement is the way to go?

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17

I don’t agree, the new 126610 looks good and the SELs and the AR seems to be right

86469-C03-1-F17-4517-9-B7-F-9-F3-E311-ADA17.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It's OTB fine!

Have you handled the gen in person? I never said the rep isn't good. I think you're taking my criticisms as somehow it's a bad rep. It's not, it's quite good. There's just some inaccuracies as all reps have and I stated the 116 is a bit more accurate in certain regards. There's a lot of middle ground between stating there's some inaccuracies and that it's somehow not good. Saying it's not a 1:1 rep shouldn't offend you. Saying the dial is off by .3mm isn't a giant red flag and doesn't make your watch unwearable.

its the weekend, and right on cue...

No dude. Definitely not a supervillain. Just an attention whore.

Right, hold on let me rip a page out of your book and go criticize someone for posting memes on my high horse just do to it myself when someone disagrees with me and my inaccurate replica. There's a big way to get some attention.

You’re right, I’ll rephrase, 126 is not a better ‘rep’ as replication is to clone accurately. So yes the 116 is more accurate.

I mean as an offering out the box (for me) the 126 is a better offering. just like I liked the zzf over the vsf despite the case differences.

On your point about the 116 parts, I don’t know but I can definitely believe what you’ve said.

They want to make money after all. With such small differences in size, as a business why would you outsource to produce another dial that’s the same in its details but 0.3 bigger and incur those costs.

They may have done this but I can believe they haven’t too.

Thanks for having a fair and rational take to what I said. I'm still confused as to how this is the only topic that doesn't allow criticism with actual evidence!

If you prefer the 126 over the 116 replica as a watch in itself and prefer it without regards to its gen counterpart in terms of accuracy then that's a very fair take, it's a nice watch for sure. Can't disagree with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiral_Cabbage