• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I’ve decided to pull the trigger on a VSF 41mm, but can’t decide on LN or LV. I’ve read through this post and couldn’t find any comments on the LV green bezel color vs gen. Any thoughts? It looks spot on to me, so I’ll prob go LV, but if anyone had any negative first hand experience with it vs gen I might just go the safe route with the black LN. I’ve obviously read about the lug/case arguments, they look fine to me. I plan to keep it until a V2 or no date are released by VSF. Or I get a call from my AD for the gen. Maybe then I’ll sell one of my TCs :)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Go with the one you like most.
I think LN is slightly more accurate because of LV green is just slightly bit off. I would say it’s in 90% accurate comparing to gen green bezel. The difference is so small you would have to squint your eye to notice it but only if you had gen right next to VSF LV. I would be totally ok with vsf green bezel.
I actually may also get LV after my LN arrives.
The thing is those subs from VSF are so freaking accurate I think we over analyze every single detail. Gens are not perfect ether - quality of gen rolex, comparing it to for example JLC, is just mediocre but it’s a tool watch so it doesn’t have to be as refine as JLC.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Think a little? The Swiss watch prices are inflated out of control. It is as simple is that. Not only Rolex.

I belive paying what most of the Swiss brands are asking is ridiculous and that is why I am a member and posting in the REP forum.

There are plenty people like you who are in the Gen forums who believe the prices are justified. Differences of opinions to say it politely.
So, $500 reps made in Chinese with underpaid and illegal workers is rightly priced but Rolex Sub should be around $1500 so anyone getting paid minimum wages anywhere in the world should be able to purchase one. Great logic.. ????

alexcast

23/6/19
So, $500 reps made in Chinese with underpaid and illegal workers is rightly priced but Rolex Sub should be around $1500 so anyone getting paid minimum wages anywhere in the world should be able to purchase one. Great logic.. ????

I’ll bet you that Gen Rolex are also made in China with underpaid and ilegal workers (children) that’s one reason Chinese replicas are becoming more and more accurate

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I’ll bet you that Gen Rolex are also made in China with underpaid and ilegal workers (children) that’s one reason Chinese replicas are becoming more and more accurate

Okay you can bet. Lmao.

Reactions: alexcast

ornateLover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
Woah two things
(1) price on food and goods are never high due to labor.
(2) Rolex are made in Switzerland

Reactions: Screwtape

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
You're both wrong.
Saw some pictures, on reddit, of one of VSF factories, and they have really good working conditions.

Rolex watches are made in Switzerland.
Some components come from china, of course, but the quality control is top notch.
Rolex movements are 100% swiss assembled and again, super quality control.

An average swiss factory worker earns 4500$ to 5000$ a month. A qualified watchmaker earns 5500$ to 7000$ a month.
Marketing employees can earn even more (I know people earning close to 20k at the marketing division where I work - I do not work for Rolex, but I work for a very big swatch group brand).

After all that, rolex spends millions upon millions with publicity and ambassadors.
You can't even imagine how much they pay for that.

I'm not saying a rolex submariner is worth 9k because of that.
But it certainly can't be 1500$!

Chinese factories, on the other hand, they just produce/copy the components, they assemble them with a fraction of the care and quality control, and in a country that pays a tiny fraction, of what rolex pays, to their employees.
Simple as that...

Cheers

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

Nope.
Rolex is not Apple. Apple actually got busted for getting parts from Chinese manufacturer who employ children, work them to the bone for 12 hours a day and pay them shit.
Nike is actually worst. They have slave labor in work camps - there are vids of workers getting beat shit out of them.
I really hope workers who puts our replicas together are not being treated like that. It leaves bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: alexcast

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Please don't write if don't know what you talking about. I have seen photos from one of VS fsctories, I can assure you they're nothing like what people like you claim. Most of the employees are not illegal, as you might not know most of the big factories are legit watch manufacturers, how do you think a factory can achieve such a high level of watch regardless rep or not, quality is outstanding, it is because they have been in the watch business for over 30 years. All those allegations might be true for the canal street or dhgate reps that almost disposable. Are you really that naive to think that an illegal/ untrained worker can assemble a watch in such a meticulous way?

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Nope, They are getting some of their parts from Romania.
they used to get parts for China long time ago - I’m talking ‘80s, ‘90s.

No, I can assure you they receive parts from china.
I don't work with Rolex, but I have some friends there.

When the Pandemic start hitting hard, Rolex was one of the first factories closing doors.
They've said it was to protect their employees, but that wasn't the case.
They ran out of some components and they couldn't continue with production.

The same happened to us, where I work.

If china closes, everyone suffers...
There's always something coming from china.
And that's not bad at all.

The chinese market is super strong.
We sell a lot, and I mean a lot, to china.
It goes both ways...

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Please don't write if don't know what you talking about. I have seen photos from one of VS fsctories, I can assure you they're nothing like what people like you claim. Most of the employees are not illegal, as you might not know most of the big factories are legit watch manufacturers, how do you think a factory can achieve such a high level of watch regardless rep or not, quality is outstanding, it is because they have been in the watch business for over 30 years. All those allegations might be true for the canal street or dhgate reps that almost disposable. Are you really that naive to think that an illegal/ untrained worker can assemble a watch in such a meticulous way?
You are mixing two companies here. Some are gen factories which make reps on the side. So they'll have some experienced workers working on the watches. Some are full on illegal factories.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
You are mixing two companies here. Some are gen factories which make reps on the side. So they'll have some experienced workers working on the watches. Some are full on illegal factories.

Those illegal factories are most of time dhgate ones. Vsf is a legit company, they just make reps on the side.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Both are still illegal AF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we all benefit from that illegal AF Chinese ppl so I’m not complaining.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk