• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Venniz

26/7/20
Misaligned rehauts are all over genuine Rolex models, Rolex couldn't give less of a damn

I'm on rolex forum (Facebook) and for now I've not seen any misaligned rehaut. The crystal is most of the time better on gen rolex too. Others the that with VSF it is 99,99% gen like.

Can't believe how VSF is looking the same as gen... it is crazy.

I'm thinking of posting my VSF rolex and see what people will say. Pretty sure no one will find out it isn't a gen one. Haha

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'm on rolex forum (Facebook) and for now I've not seen any misaligned rehaut. The crystal is most of the time better on gen rolex too. Others the that with VSF it is 99,99% gen like.

Can't believe how VSF is looking the same as gen... it is crazy.

I'm thinking of posting my VSF rolex and see what people will say. Pretty sure no one will find out it isn't a gen one. Haha

Trust me when I say the misaligned rehaut is very common on Rolex models, and that wouldn't be the tell on the vsf but rather the soft rounded lugs that don't taper as well along with the mishaped crown guards. Also don't post your vsf on the Rolex forums, it's a douchey thing to do.

Reactions: alexcast

Venniz

26/7/20
Trust me when I say the misaligned rehaut is very common on Rolex models, and that wouldn't be the tell on the vsf but rather the soft rounded lugs that don't taper as well along with the mishaped crown guards. Also don't post your vsf on the Rolex forums, it's a douchey thing to do.

Nah I won't. But it would be funny. Pretty sure no one would find out at wrist distance. Fake are so good these day's.

alexcast

23/6/19
Nah I won't. But it would be funny. Pretty sure no one would find out at wrist distance. Fake are so good these day's.

bb4255fd14b75a48311791d6e29c12c8.jpg

Sure! The owner of a Rolex Retailer would use a fake one haha

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: BobMartian

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I've seen many gen subs with misaligned rehauts and different sel variations. Printing application on some Subs is not that great too when checking it under a loop.
There were also a couple of genuine Explorer 1s with upside down numeral on the dial. Gen Rolex are not perfect.

Last edited:

guybythelake

13/7/14
Definetly the gen world has become a scam. Why the hell this model is being sold for over 15000usd? Offer and demand dont justify the craziness of pricing.

Absolutely right! In 1985 a Rolex GMT cost 700 bucks. 700 Bucks in 2020 is about 1700. The rip off is crazy. Yeah sure understand ceramic insert and solid links, better clasp. So add a free hundred. Still nowhere close to MSRP of 9000 or gray market of whatever.

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
I went and checked some pictures of the original .. and do not see a significant difference in lugs .. sometimes do not need to read here .. I ordered looks a good lug for me

Reactions: rcom440

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
I've seen many gen subs with misaligned rehauts and different sel variations. Printing application on some Subs is not that great too when checking it under a loop.
There were also a couple of genuine Explorer 1s with upside down numeral on the dial. Gen Rolex are not perfect.

Here was my gen 2013 hulk, bezel insert was not centered as well. So it’s true, Rolex QC may sometimes be worse than reps.

No issues with my 2018 and 2019 watches though, but it’s not a large enough sample size to confirm that QC issues are no longer present in recent years.

5e58ec83b588d91d2a048d57b4666aa0.jpg

713c350fde0265d5a12826897cb30ff9.jpg

629d2f22847f6d243364fb712346997f.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Here's something I put together to show what I'm talking about. Lugs are clearly a huge difference once you actually compare them.

Z1IXdS.jpg

I'd like to think that I wouldn't have to say which is the rep and which is the gen. But, pictures, from the top, #1 and #3 is VSF, and #2 and #4 is gen.

This is what I've been saying from day one.

The gen starts out a bit wider and ends a bit narrower. The taper is more definitive. The finishing of the lugs on the Rolex are sharp and not soft and rounded like they are on VSF. To me, this is a clear difference and is actually a major tell for the watch.

Now, before the VSF police come and say various random things:

No, focal length does not do this drastic of a difference in change of shape. No gen would ever look like VSF under the same focal conditions. Not to mention various TDs already mentioned this is reality and people who have seen the gen and VSF together in person said it's an actual thing in person.

No, this doesn't mean I think this is a garbage rep and that it has to equal gen in order to be worn and blah blah blah. It's a good rep, it's still a good purchase, I'm simply stating that it's not as on par as their previous work but it's still a good piece. However, if you don't care for the clone movement, and only care for aesthetics, the green factory subs are superior in this regard.

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Here's something I put together to show what I'm talking about. Lugs are clearly a huge difference once you actually compare them.

Z1IXdS.jpg

I'd like to think that I wouldn't have to say which is the rep and which is the gen. But, pictures, from the top, #1 and #3 is VSF, and #2 and #4 is gen.

The gen starts out a bit wider and ends a bit narrower. The taper is more definitive. The finishing of the lugs on the Rolex are sharp and not soft and rounded like they are on VSF. To me, this is a clear difference and is actually a major tell for the watch.

No, focal length does not do this drastic of a difference in change of shape. No gen would ever look like VSF under the same focal conditions. Not to mention various TDs already mentioned this is reality and people who have seen the gen and VSF together in person said it's an actual thing in person.

No, this doesn't mean I think this is a garbage rep and that it has to equal gen in order to be worn and blah blah blah. It's a good rep, it's still a good purchase, I'm simply stating that it's not as on par as their previous work but it's still a good piece. However, if you don't care for the clone movement, and only care for aesthetics, the green factory subs are superior in this regard.

I think it’s just an illusion. Gen lay flat while vsf is on an angle - you can see rehaut on vsf, gen lay flat.
I think vsf lugs may be a little thinner at the base - just a fraction on mm. I seriously don’t think there is much difference between vsf and gen. I’ve been staring at vids of both gen and rep for the last few days.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Jesus, you have NO idea about the basic rules of optics. Juat look at the ray angle over the bezel edge. One set of pictures was clearly shot with an ultra wide angle smartphone lens while the other is closer to 100mm FF. Very obcious for anyone that ever held a camera...

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
As I said, focal length will not do that drastic of a difference. I covered that and seen that reply coming a mile away. Here's a challenge: Show me a gen Rolex that looks like VSF in similar focal settings and show me a VSF that has the lugs of a gen Rolex, taper and non-roundedness and all in that same focal shot.

It's already been stated by people who seen both in person that this is not just an optics issue, they confirmed it's a real thing.

How come I haven't seen such a drastic difference in photos of the 116610 by VSF versus the Rolex? They look practically identical.

I think it’s just an illusion. Gen lay flat while vsf is on an angle - you can see rehaut on vsf, gen lay flat.
I think vsf lugs may be a little thinner at the base - just a fraction on mm. I seriously don’t think there is much difference between vsf and gen. I’ve been staring at vids of both gen and rep for the last few days.

It's actually not just the thinness or taper. The finishing is different. It's not sharp, but more soft and rounded, similar to ARF's Datejusts a few iterations back.

Last edited:

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Absolutely right! In 1985 a Rolex GMT cost 700 bucks. 700 Bucks in 2020 is about 1700. The rip off is crazy.

I don't want to derail this thread but you need to educate yourself little bit before paying such blanket statements and not understanding about economics. You are so far off I don't feel to reply to your point.

On other hand, it's not only Rolex. Imagine today Rolex GMT costs $1700 ( as you said), where would that keep other watches like Omega, Tudor(which is half of Rolex), Breitling and mid-tier brands like Tag, FC, Raymond Weil and then finally where would microbrands be? What about Seikos? It's the chain. In today's market Rolex is a bargain, that's why folks are ready to pay over retail price to get one. Think a little!

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Also pics of those 2 gens are so distorted. Look at the bezel. Look how narrow bezel teeth look like.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Also pics of those 2 gens are so distorted. Look at the bezel. Look how narrow bezel teeth look like.

Distorted? Hmm
Z1IMF8.jpg

Doesn't look distorted to me, don't see why it would be either. Looks like lighting. But here's the full photo, let users be the judge.

Last edited:

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19

Z1IXdS.jpg

It's all a matter of angle of photography and how the strip is laid..maybe there is a difference but it is really not noticeable ..
and