• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
The lug and and crystal not being genlike has been confirmed by a gen owners opinion of seeing the rep in person. Hardly uninformed.

See, you based your claims on someone's else claims. One dude said that and you took it as an absolute truth. Just stop spamming this thread, if you don't have really proof or photos to share from the watch, your comments are really counterproductive.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
See, you based your claims on someone's else claims. One dude said that and you took it as an absolute truth. Just stop spamming this thread, if you don't have really proof or photos to share from the watch, your comments are really counterproductive.

No, my claims are based through photos where the issues were obvious and someone else who has seen both in person felt the same way. It's definitely worth posting about. It's literally people like you shunning productive conversation if anything, positive circle jerks do nothing. A few have mentioned already they appreciate a counter point of view and even if you disagree with me it's worth making up your mind with an informed decision.

It's people like you that I'm talking about that have problems with objective criticism.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It is very nice finish on all bridges, wheels as predicted same quality as vr
Didn’t try all gen parts as don’t have any reason to do that but as you see gen balance and bridge fits with no issues
Gen auto module straight fit as well
Gen date disc don’t fit as they made date indicator seating to fit 3135 date disc
You can replace the indicator to gen but then date window in rep dial won’t line up with gen date disc- only slightly but still no go
Then you need gen dial and it may not fit into rep case (I don’t know, don’t have gen dial)
Gen hands fit as they wheels are same post diameter
Testing for power reserve now and is on 50h so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if they used a 3135 date indicator seating and date disc, it must be 3135 sized dial and so also a 3135 crystal, yes? Probably no change in the insert or bezel size either.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So if they used a 3135 date indicator seating and date disc, it must be 3135 sized dial and so also a 3135 crystal, yes? Probably no change in the insert or bezel size either.

Well, you can't post that thought cause you haven't held it in person and thus, while a very interesting tidbit, is quite actually counter productive. (Sarcasm)

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Information is helpful when it's verified. His claims are based on someone else claims. It's different with the 116xxx series because there are actual helpful information from members that got the rep and the gen and based on their hands on experience give a thoughtful review. It's simply not accurate to compare a picture from x phone at x focal length to another photo at different focal length and so on. Talking about the crystal, he doesn't even have either the Gen or the rep, so tell me how on earth can he see thru a compress picture that the vsf is not coated like Gen.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this thread alone is full of his unconfirmed/unverified opinions. If you don't like the vsf, you can get the green factory. Just don't listen to him and don't get a noob, you will end up regretting it.

I actually got the Noob before even seeing this thread. The decision for me wasn't based on which version is more accurate. I just wanted decent version of Kermit without spending 600 dollars after shipping and fees, knowing it's just V1 from all companies. I cannot personally justify spending this kind of money on first version of any replica.

However, my comment above had nothing to do with my purchase or opinions on Noob over VSF and vice versa. In fact, I am hoping VSF would nail V2 so I can upgrade mine when it comes out.

Unless we are talking about sales threads, I feel like all opinions, thoughts, criticisms, and observations should be heard, considered, and discussed (and refuted as necessary). The reason I originally chose to comment above was that I just kept seeing so much personal attack on Duckber (or maybe people just fanboy-defending VSF). If he made incorrect statements, all people have to do is to respond with objective correction and proof.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckber

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
It's the best he can find, so YES!
If you're obsessed with the Gen, buy a gen...
It's an amazing V1 effort from vsf.
I love the new "kermit", for example, so I'll buy one.
There's no need to be here comparing it to the gen or the previous versions.

I like what I see in the pictures some users posted here.
That's enough for me.
Killer rep for the price...
Stupidest reply I've read. The whole point of this forum is to discuss these watches and how they can be further improved.

If you just want a rep, I know about ab alley you can go to and buy reps real cheap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Stupidest reply I've read. The whole point of this forum is to discuss these watches and how they can be further improved.

If you just want a rep, I know about ab alley you can go to and buy reps real cheap.

It received four likes. A post that said since it's the best current model out, which is a big if on its own, somehow means it's equal to the vsf 116610 in terms of gen likeness. There's no sense to that. There's no reasoning with these people. I'm glad a few have come out to dispute this fanboyism in favor of objectivity though! Good to see indeed.

Last edited:

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I actually got the Noob before even seeing this thread. The decision for me wasn't based on which version is more accurate. I just wanted decent version of Kermit without spending 600 dollars after shipping and fees, knowing it's just V1 from all companies. I cannot personally justify spending this kind of money on first version of any replica.

However, my comment above had nothing to do with my purchase or opinions on Noob over VSF and vice versa. In fact, I am hoping VSF would nail V2 so I can upgrade mine when it comes out.

Unless we are talking about sales threads, I feel like all opinions, thoughts, criticisms, and observations should be heard, considered, and discussed (and refuted as necessary). The reason I originally chose to comment above was that I just kept seeing so much personal attack on Duckber (or maybe people just fanboy-defending VSF). If he made incorrect statements, all people have to do is to respond with objective correction and proof.

Mate, I have time and again told this dude to provide solid in hand proof but what he does provide is bullcrap, if you don't believe me, let's get into it,
1. Firstly, he used to crib about the fit and finish- it is poorly made, the SEL's are not good, there is no recession- all that shit, these claims were put to rest by the reviews of other members.
2. Then, on basis of a SINGLE video, he declared that the dimensions of the watch and taper are not right and orgasmed over noob(I am not against noob here). These claims too were put to rest by the reviews of other members.
3 But again, Ducky boy has to prove that he's the shit and how could his views be negated? So he came up with a new ploy- the crystal. Instead of gathering info, he's spamming left, right and centre. I am sure he does not know that it has AR coating underneath like the gen but how does he qualify himself for proving himself- by giving pleas of pictures, videos and unsubstantiated claims. Then, by claiming the lugs to be HORRENDOUS, anyone including me would feel that VSF produced a Canal Street rep produced in some dinghy sweatshop- see the extremity of his views, I am not saying VSF is perfect but atleast, it is almost there.
4. Even I feel a fool myself to write on these topics again and again but this guy is relentless. He's got quite the tongue to attack others- his posts are a proof themselves.
5. Last, the way he makes his tall order of claims, it is justified when he has the gen, noob and vsf in hand, but not by judging only through videos and someone else's views, that is, such extreme and strong views require solid proof and evidence- which he obviously doesn't have.
Thus my fellow mate, it becomes important to ask such people for solid proof lest you or others get swayed by the extremity of such fanatic views-
​​​​​

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Holy cow dude. This is a big one here. The fit and finish was initially bad and got better thankfully. I still haven't seen endlinks where all four sides are even but progress has been made. It's still not great.

The taper used to be bad and got fixed. How you hold this against me is bizarre. I'm glad it got better as well. By the way, used to is a strong word. The proportions of the noob lugs are still much more accurate as is the case set overall.

I spammed about the crystal? Right. I did my research on the crystal by seeing comparisons side by side, and by listening to people who actually seem both in person and spoke about it.

You also mention that I made something up regarding lugs for last. Uh, no. Lug profile was literally one of the first things I mentioned since the inception of this release. From day one I have spoken about the lug profile. But hey, contort the truth to for your weird narrative here.

Also, I attack others? Big lol here. Care to cite one post where I attacked others where they were giving a peaceful discussion without being rude to me first? Didn't think so bud. Pretty funny when you told me to get a life, called me stubborn, etc. Your duckyboy is not at all condescending either. Remember that time I called you sidhuboy? Oh, right.

Now, instead of writing a Wikipedia article on me that's filled with a bunch of disingenuous information that simply isn't true, speak on the model at hand, and negate my argument like he said you should do.

Again, the discussion was on how equal to gen this 126 rep is compared to the vsf 116. I said it's a good v1, but not to the level the 116 is cause of the poor lugs, nongenlike crystal and inaccurate crown guards. Now go and discuss that, not me. The fact you consider me stating the 116 is a better rep an "extremist view" is hilarious. I don't need to see the bad in person to see the obvious issues with the lugs and crystal and crown guards. The fact that someone I don't know who has seen both in person and said the same thing I said should only strengthen that position. If you consider these extremist views then you and Jay can create a vsf forum where no criticism is allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefcake

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18

You are a little child, compared to me.
I know a lot more about watches than you.

I really don't care if you think my reply was stupid. Not here to please you!

This VSF is really good, and it's the best yet.
What do you want me to say? Buy the noob? Buy green factory?
Green factory looks really nice, but uses an ETA clone (and also has its problems).

This V1, not being perfect (there are no perfect reps), it's really good out of the box, and close to gen.
If you don't like it, go to your alley mate!

Reactions: StreetFighter

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
You are a little child, compared to me.
I know a lot more about watches than you.

I really don't care if you think my reply was stupid. Not here to please you!

This VSF is really good, and it's the best yet.
What do you want me to say? Buy the noob? Buy green factory?
Green factory looks really nice, but uses an ETA clone (and also has its problems).

This V1, not being perfect (there are no perfect reps), it's really good out of the box, and close to gen.
If you don't like it, go to your alley mate!
Ok Mr. Big man. You wearing your big man pants today? ????????

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Ok Mr. Big man. You wearing your big man pants today? ????????

Don't be such a child and post some good comparisons between the gen and the VSF.

I would appreciate that.
Both watches, same angle, same light.

Until then, we won't be able to tell those differences you are talking about (mostly the other user, that's obsessed with lugs).

It's always the same - a rep is never "that good" when announced, but then some adventurous guy buys one and posts really nice pictures of the watch and opinions start to change!

It was exactly the same with previous submariner generation, from VSF - case shape, lugs...
The watch was nice, but "not that good", until it became the best submariner rep, and really close to gen.

We're seeing the same at the Datejust thread.
Just wait some time!

Reactions: StreetFighter

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18

one more time...plastic protection on the rep lugs slightly obscures, but it is what it is....

Yes, it looks that the gen is rounder, but can't say for sure, since the watches are not at the same angle or under the same lighting conditions...

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Don't be such a child and post some good comparisons between the gen and the VSF.

I would appreciate that.
Both watches, same angle, same light.

Until then, we won't be able to tell those differences you are talking about (mostly the other user, that's obsessed with lugs).

It's always the same - a rep is never "that good" when announced, but then some adventurous guy buys one and posts really nice pictures of the watch and opinions start to change!

It was exactly the same with previous submariner generation, from VSF - case shape, lugs...
The watch was nice, but "not that good", until it became the best submariner rep, and really close to gen.

We're seeing the same at the Datejust thread.
Just wait some time!

You don't know watches as you say you do when you say the 126 is equal in gen-likeness like the 116. Also, an actual 126 gen owner literally stated the crystal and the lugs are inaccurate when he has seen it in person. Which literally contradicts what you're saying...?

Last edited:

Qatar974

16/11/18
Qatar
Guys please stop fighting, all the flaws mentioned by you are correct for every factory, i think all of you agree on that but the thing is every person can live with some flaws and some not and we need to respect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
Yes, it looks that the gen is rounder, but can't say for sure, since the watches are not at the same angle or under the same lighting conditions...

Agreed. If we can get a member to post some straight on side shots that would help.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Holy cow dude. This is a big one here. The fit and finish was initially bad and got better thankfully. I still haven't seen endlinks where all four sides are even but progress has been made. It's still not great.

The taper used to be bad and got fixed. How you hold this against me is bizarre. I'm glad it got better as well. By the way, used to is a strong word. The proportions of the noob lugs are still much more accurate as is the case set overall.

I spammed about the crystal? Right. I did my research on the crystal by seeing comparisons side by side, and by listening to people who actually seem both in person and spoke about it.

You also mention that I made something up regarding lugs for last. Uh, no. Lug profile was literally one of the first things I mentioned since the inception of this release. From day one I have spoken about the lug profile. But hey, contort the truth to for your weird narrative here.

Also, I attack others? Big lol here. Care to cite one post where I attacked others where they were giving a peaceful discussion without being rude to me first? Didn't think so bud. Pretty funny when you told me to get a life, called me stubborn, etc. Your duckyboy is not at all condescending either. Remember that time I called you sidhuboy? Oh, right.

Now, instead of writing a Wikipedia article on me that's filled with a bunch of disingenuous information that simply isn't true, speak on the model at hand, and negate my argument like he said you should do.

Again, the discussion was on how equal to gen this 126 rep is compared to the vsf 116. I said it's a good v1, but not to the level the 116 is cause of the poor lugs, nongenlike crystal and inaccurate crown guards. Now go and discuss that, not me. The fact you consider me stating the 116 is a better rep an "extremist view" is hilarious. I don't need to see the bad in person to see the obvious issues with the lugs and crystal and crown guards. The fact that someone I don't know who has seen both in person and said the same thing I said should only strengthen that position. If you consider these extremist views then you and Jay can create a vsf forum where no criticism is allowed.

Long story cut short, you think that the initial batch had inaccuracies and then somehow, VSF secretly corrected those- how delusional, I got one of the initial batches and got my TD to measure all those proportions which match with those posted by other members. Your comprehension too is bad mate, I never talked about 116610, your views on 126610 are what one can call extreme.
About negation of your "facts", I already did multiple times, it is up to you to to provide SOLID evidence that instead of making a good 126610, VSF fucked up and made a bastard of a watch by mixing Rolex and Casio.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Long story cut short, you think that the initial batch had inaccuracies and then somehow, VSF secretly corrected those- how delusional, I got one of the initial batches and got my TD to measure all those proportions which match with those posted by other members. Your comprehension too is bad mate, I never talked about 116610, your views on 126610 are what one can call extreme.
About negation of your "facts", I already did multiple times, it is up to you to to provide SOLID evidence that instead of making a good 126610, VSF fucked up and made a bastard of a watch by mixing Rolex and Casio.

Nice cherry picking my arguments. VSF definitely fixed a couple things, there's no doubt about that. Many variations of the end links have been shown and the braclet has been tapered down.

It's you who has the bad comprehension sidhumate, I came and corrected someone who stated the gen-likeness is like the 116, while stating the 126 is a decent rep just not up to par in likeness like their work on the 116. Then you claimed that my view is extreme and fanatic just cause I said it's not as accurate. Get your argument together if you don't understand my perspective.

You didn't negate anything but spew disingenuous assertions. Solid evidence? Anyone with eyes can see the the lugs are not tapered well enough, the crystal is not as clear, and the crown guards are inaccurate. Compare the lugs and crystal and crown guards. They're all off. What more evidence do you need? Then when someone who has the gen and seen the rep in person states the same thing I'm not allowed to source him as further verifiable evidence LOL. It's okay if you're fine with the issues, but don't kid yourself like this is an accurate representation of the model and that it's as gen-like as VSF's 116610.

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
You don't know watches as you say you do when you say the 126 is equal in gen-likeness like the 116. Also, an actual 126 gen owner literally stated the crystal and the lugs are inaccurate when he has seen it in person. Which literally contradicts what you're saying...?

I didn’t say exactly that, but ok!
And the gen owner didn’t say that as well. He said it could use some work, but it was very good.

Why talk about the crystal? 116 crystal better than 126 crystal? Show me please...

You talk from what you see in pictures, and so do I.
And now?! Who’s right?

I love what I see from QC pictures to “real pictures” and, honestly, I can’t see any problems as you do.
That’s why it would be nice to see a good comparison between gen and vsf - both watches, same angles, same lighting conditions.
It’s the only way we’ll be able to tell if what you so strongly defend is true!

That doesn’t really matter, to me!
I already ordered the watch because I really love what I’m seeing here.
I don’t think anyone will tell me “look at those lugs, that’s a bad replica” :D