• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It's the best he can find, so YES!
If you're obsessed with the Gen, buy a gen...
It's an amazing V1 effort from vsf.
I love the new "kermit", for example, so I'll buy one.
There's no need to be here comparing it to the gen or the previous versions.

I like what I see in the pictures some users posted here.
That's enough for me.
Killer rep for the price...

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It's the best he can find, so YES!
If you're obsessed with the Gen, buy a gen...
It's an amazing V1 effort from vsf.
I love the new "kermit", for example, so I'll buy one.
There's no need to be here comparing it to the gen or the previous versions.

I like what I see in the pictures some users posted here.
That's enough for me.
Killer rep for the price...

He didn't ask about the best, he asked if the accuracy to gen is equal to the vsf 116 model. That's a completely different topic and question, wouldn't you say? You answered a question that wasn't asked... But I do agree it's a good start

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefcake

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
He didn't ask about the best, he asked if the accuracy to gen is equal to the vsf 116 model. That's a completely different topic and question, wouldn't you say? You answered a question that wasn't asked... But I do agree it's a good start

Agreed that it’s a great first attempt.

Not sure what is the problem with comparing with Gen? Most folks would love to know how close it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Duckber

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It's close!

ZyBTiF.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I simply answered someones question on accuracy vs gen compared to VSFs last model. Nothing to do with obsession or trolling.

I follow many threads here on RWI, for many models I'm interested in. PPF's Nautilus, ZF's 15400, Noob's Daytonas, ARF DJs, The VRF Pepsi etc etc... everyone talks about the inaccuracies, what can be improved, what can't be, etc. People discuss objectively what is not up to par and what to be fixed in the next iteration. I haven't seen someone talk about issues in threads outside of this one where someone brings up an objective issue and is told to get a life, is a troll, is obsessive, etc.... this VSF thread has some die hard fan behavior that can't handle actual criticism.

Last edited:

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I simply answered someones question on accuracy vs gen compared to VSFs last model. Nothing to do with obsession or trolling.

I follow many threads here on RWI, for many models I'm interested in. PPF's Nautilus, ZF's 15400, Noob's Daytonas, ARF DJs, etc etc... everyone talks about the inaccuracies, what can be improved, what can't be, etc. People discuss objectively what is not up to par and what to be fixed in. I haven't seen someone talk about issues in threads outside of this one where someone brings up an objective issue and is told to get a life, is a troll, is obsessive, etc.... this VSF thread has some die hard fan behavior that can't handle actual criticism.

Well, well, well, here we go again. No hard feelings for you mate but in terms of objectivity, I get it that NO rep whether VSF, noob, ZF, 3k blah, blah.... can totally reach the finish line. But the thing is when a matter is blown out of proportion. I appreciate healthy objective criticisms, so do others but nobody stands for vitriolic troll-like nitpickings like yours. The lugs on VSF may not be as curved as the gen, but it is as good as one can vouch for, in real life, even you would not be able to tell without a gen in hand or side by side. Even gen owners would have a hard time to spot a rep when it's on the wrist. Also, one would be able to tell if one knows what to look for.... the whole point is VSF have done a great job on this one, this whole thread is a testimony to the fact though you may not agree(again). Objectivity is when one can prove and that too with SOLID eveidence in definite terms that yes, this is wrong but not just by swooning over images- your claims on proportions, taper etc had to be put to rest by some members and even then, you go on mudslinging. Some deficiencies are bound to be there but making it look like 100 times worse is not criticism but cynicism. Last thing, can you in any definite measurements, units etc prove that VS's crystal is lacking x times the AR than the gen?
​​​​​

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Well, well, well, here we go again. No hard feelings for you mate but in terms of objectivity, I get it that NO rep whether VSF, noob, ZF, 3k blah, blah.... can totally reach the finish line. But the thing is when a matter is blown out of proportion. I appreciate healthy objective criticisms, so do others but nobody stands for vitriolic troll-like nitpickings like yours. The lugs on VSF may not be as curved as the gen, but it is as good as one can vouch for, in real life, even you would not be able to tell without a gen in hand or side by side. Even gen owners would have a hard time to spot a rep when it's on the wrist. Also, one would be able to tell if one knows what to look for.... the whole point is VSF have done a great job on this one, this whole thread is a testimony to the fact though you may not agree(again). Objectivity is when one can prove in definite terms that yes, this is wrong- your claims on proportions, taper etc had to be put to rest by some members and even then, you go on mudslinging. Some deficiencies are bound to be there but making it look like 100 times worse is not criticism but cynicism. Last thing, can you in any definite measurements, units etc prove that VS's crystal is lacking x times the AR than the gen?
​​​​​

It's not nit picking when I noticed how badly shaped the lugs were from the get go which was then verified by a gen owner who seen the rep in person though. The gen owner didn't say he "had a problem" deciding which is which and said lugs were the biggest factor. You're downplaying it. As far as measurements go, no I don't have measurements for the VSF AR, which is obvious, where am I going to find documentation on that? I have seen photos of gen and the VSF side by side, they don't look equal in terms of clarity, and again, the gen owner said the VSF crystal was not up to par and needs to be replaced. Calling the obviously weird shaped lugs "nit picking" is bizarre, it's clearly not as curved and is more obvious than you say it is.

"but it is as good as one can vouch for," -- it's not as good as one can vouch for when Noob and Green factory has done it much better?

And again, it's a nice v1 model, but the person asked if the 126 VSF is equal to gen the way the VSF 116 is, and it's clearly not. When it comes to "reaching the finish line" the VSF 116610 is way further down the road than the VSF 126610. The person mislead him, I corrected him. Let's not spread misinformation.

Last edited:

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
It's not nit picking when I noticed how badly shaped the lugs were from the get go which was then verified by a gen owner who seen the rep in person though. The gen owner didn't say he "had a problem" deciding which is which and said lugs were the biggest factor. You're downplaying it. As far as measurements go, no I don't have measurements for the VSF AR, which is obvious, where am I going to find documentation on that? I have seen photos of gen and the VSF side by side, they don't look equal in terms of clarity, and again, the gen owner said the VSF crystal was not up to par and needs to be replaced. Calling the obviously weird shaped lugs "nit picking" is bizarre, it's clearly not as curved and is more obvious than you say it is.

"but it is as good as one can vouch for," -- it's not as good as one can vouch for when Noob and Green factory has done it much better?

And again, it's a nice v1 model, but the person asked if the 126 VSF is equal to gen the way the VSF 116 is, and it's clearly not. When it comes to "reaching the finish line" the VSF 116610 is way further down the road than the VSF 126610. The person mislead him, I corrected him. Let's not spread misinformation.

HOW BADLY SHAPED THE LUGS WERE- this is exactly what the term blowing out of proportion means. The gen owner you are quoting time and again, please read carefully what he said- they could be improved but still they are good- may sound weird to you but this means that VS actually did a good job, they are close, but not there. Coming to the crystal, it is the best ootb but which factory's crystal was this good ever? I get it may not be 100% there but it is close, say 80 to 90% which is pretty good in standards of a rep. If you are correcting someone from some other's misleading thoughts, please do tell that in comparison of any rep, the crystal is best, and please, when you do this, don't bring in the gen because if VS's crystal need to be replaced, same goes for any xyz rep out in the market.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
HOW BADLY SHAPED THE LUGS WERE- this is exactly what the term blowing out of proportion means. The gen owner you are quoting time and again, please read carefully what he said- they could be improved but still they are good- may sound weird to you but this means that VS actually did a good job, they are close, but not there. Coming to the crystal, it is the best ootb but which factory's crystal was this good ever? I get it may not be 100% there but it is close, say 80 to 90% which is pretty good in standards of a rep. If you are correcting someone from some other's misleading thoughts, please do tell that in comparison of any rep, the crystal is best, and please, when you do this, don't bring in the gen because if VS's crystal need to be replaced, same goes for any xyz rep out in the market.

Dude, me answering the persons question, which again, asked if the 126610 VSF is equal to gen the way the 116610 VSF is equal to gen, lead to me saying NO it's not, because of the lugs, the crystal, and the crown guards, does not mean I think the 126 VSF is bad, it's a good attempt. It's just not up there with the 116 release. The fact that Noob and Green did a better job on the lugs means that there is still room to improve. Telling him the 116610 is more gen-like than the 126610 release is not "blowing things out of proportion"

As far as crystals go, the VSF 116110 crystal is close to gen-like. The 126610 crystal is not. Doesn't matter if it's the best, it's not gen-like. Again, the person asked about gen-like. You don't need to replace the 116610 crystal. This is all common sense. If someone is going for gen-like, then stick with the VSF 116610. No need to worry about the crystal, weird shaped lugs or crown guards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefcake and BiH855

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Thanks, appreciate it, glad it helped at least one person here

In all honesty after following this topic for a while and reading every post I don’t think [mention]Duckbear [/mention] was being overly critical in his recent posts lol. I’ve seen him go on his rants lol, this time I feel he was trying to informative towards the members question. This is indeed a fantastic rep. Is it 100% perfect, no. But it’ll hold me over until I get a call from my AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I personally don't really see what the issues are here. We are all here to know how the reps compare to gen.

Obviously, as far as the 41mm Sub goes, every company's version is V1 at the moment and they all have flaws. Since VSF costs a lot more than Noob and a bit more than Green, I am sure many people would be interested in knowing how much better or how much closer it is to gen.

​​​​​​I personally found Duckber's comments helpful. I am glad this type of information is available here so people can make informative decisions.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I personally don't really see what the issues are here. We are all here to know how the reps compare to gen.

Obviously, as far as the 41mm Sub goes, every company's version is V1 at the moment and they all have flaws. Since VSF costs a lot more than Noob and a bit more than Green, I am sure many people would be interested in knowing how much better or how much closer it is to gen.

​​​​​​I personally found Duckber's comments helpful. I am glad this type of information is available here so people can make informative decisions.

Information is helpful when it's verified. His claims are based on someone else claims. It's different with the 116xxx series because there are actual helpful information from members that got the rep and the gen and based on their hands on experience give a thoughtful review. It's simply not accurate to compare a picture from x phone at x focal length to another photo at different focal length and so on. Talking about the crystal, he doesn't even have either the Gen or the rep, so tell me how on earth can he see thru a compress picture that the vsf is not coated like Gen.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this thread alone is full of his unconfirmed/unverified opinions. If you don't like the vsf, you can get the green factory. Just don't listen to him and don't get a noob, you will end up regretting it.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Information is helpful when it's verified. His claims are based on someone else claims. It's different with the 116xxx series because there are actual helpful information from members that got the rep and the gen and based on their on hand experience give a thoughtful review. It's simply not accurate to compare a picture from x phone at x focal length to another photo at different focal length and so on. Talking about the crystal, he doesn't even have either the Gen or the rep, so tell me how on earth can he see thru a compress picture that the vsf is not coated like Gen.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this thread alone is full of his unconfirmed/unverified opinions. If you don't like the vsf, you can get the green factory. Just don't listen to him and don't get a noob, you will end up regretting it.

The lug and and crystal not being genlike has been confirmed by a gen owners opinion of seeing the rep in person. Hardly uninformed.

I have seen the gen in person a few times already and noticed these two glaring issues from the jump. The fact that a gen owner stated the same things just recently, after seeing the rep in person and not in photos, gives a decent amount of credibility to warrant posting about it, surely at least on par with the rabid cult like yesmen that weirdly stated the rep is somehow equal to the last gen in terms of accuracy.

As far as Noob goes, all I can say is that proportionally, the watch is visually way better. Feel in hand is definitely a thing and I can't comment on that. For a more balanced approach I'd say green factory is the way to go at the moment as it is visually better than vsf and has user reviews that states it's pretty high quality.

Last edited: