• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Their 116 insert compares very well with the gen in most conditions - nothing to tell them apart. The exceptions is bright spot / sunlight.

Its the first LV rep I've been able to wear because the insert on everything up to and including the ZZFv2 was not good.

A slight difference in a photograph does not necessarily translate to a bigger difference in real life - thats not how real life to sRGB works.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
the color of the bezel is not quite there. It always looks better/closer in pictures.

I see zero difference SxS... across a room,
I highly doubt anyone else will either. This color green is pretty spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kevstah

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
I'm getting a little bit nervous reading these statements about a 400€ watch vs 9000€(17000€ grey market) watch that seems and it is really stunning on first batch.
Here we are touching the madness.
Someone could explain them that VSF factory is not Rolex factory and we are talking about reps?
If you expect a gen Rolex for 400€...you can sit and waith a loooong time!
oh, there is something more....some gens have flaws...really? Yessss
A special thanks to VSF, ARF, NOOB, xxx.. who allow us to wear 1:1 watches(for 99% normal people) and to rotate them when we want for a ridicolous price

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
the color of the bezel is not quite there. It always looks better/closer in pictures.

There is no way anyone can see any difference in that picture to the naked eye. No Way. If you use some imaging software to analyze the colors you "may" find slight variations in the color codes that are determined by the computer but not a single human in the world could tell from that picture. No one is superman. LOL

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
There is no way anyone can see any difference in that picture to the naked eye. No Way. If you use some imaging software to analyze the colors you "may" find slight variations in the color codes that are determined by the computer but not a single human in the world could tell from that picture. No one is superman. LOL

I can see the difference. The one on the right in more saturated.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Green on the left in more dull and it’s slightly darker too. I’m not trolling.

ornateLover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
Not being able to see the difference is probably more a function of the display you are using. On the latest OLED apple I could tell one insert was pale and dead and the other vibrant in less than a second.

Reactions: KJ2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Irrelevant on a photograph. Depends entirely where the sensor / software dumps the green into gamut.

It's not exactly the same as the gen, and no one says it is. But using this image to point out the difference is a fools errand.

The faux leather is brighter on the right side as well, and there is a bigger difference between the steel colour of the 2 watches. In reality we know this isn't so.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

There's so many variables when it comes to pictures, color space, white balance, light, camera sensor and so on. Without having both watches in your hands is mere speculation. Unless of course you have a super vision.

Edit: I downloaded the image and open it in Photoshop and it didn't even have a srgb color space embedded.
​​​​​

Last edited:

mixedbag

Looking Around
21/12/20
As a newbie to the forum I just wanna say thanks to all of you for the discussion and sharing/review. Decided to pull the trigger on the VSF 116610LV and 126610LV :D can't resist

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
LOL, I have a Dell monitor, expensive as f*ck, that I use to edit my pictures, and I can't see the difference.
It's my eyes?! LOL

I can see a difference in reflections tho!
Might be the case, that you are seeing darker areas because of the reflection.
Look at the well lit areas and you'll see an equal color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Screenshot-20201216-165821-Snapchat-copy.jpg

just for shits and giggles....

And the variation of the background - for context as to just how pointless the comparison of the bezels is....

background.jpg

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU

That looks absolutely magnificent. The differences I spot are:

- The dial isn't as black
- Xtal is quite dull compared to gen
- Width of the crown is different, seems fatter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckber

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
However, very hard to tell the two apart, especially if one is wearing the VSF without the gen next to it. Usually I spot a fake by looking at the date magnifier

walla65

20/5/19
apart from any thousandth percentages of differences in color with the naked eye .... but in real life and not in our "fanatic" world ... when will it ever happen to make such a comparison?

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Can anyone comment how close to gen the VSF movement feels? When pulling the crown, setting the time, or winding? It's not really important to me, just curious mostly because I feel like a large part of my temptation to get a gen Rolex is that the winding would feel more satisfying and smooth. My reps so far have just been crappy A2824s though so I doubt they feel that great to wind.