• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
hey guys just got myself a new vsf Starbucks.... clasp number is 3vv.... I was wondering ..... is there anyway to know for sure I have the vs3235 without opening the back case? I don't want to mess with the water resistance....

To know "for sure" you are going to have to open the back.

You can also put it on a timegrapher and note the amplitude. A 3235 will have a lower amplitude than the typical 31xx movements, but it's still not a "for sure" identification.

A lot of the VSF subs I've seen have had barely finger tight casebacks, so you're not likely to cause any problems opening it, and I definitely would not assume it's water tight anyway.

Reactions: leo6929

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
hey guys just got myself a new vsf Starbucks.... clasp number is 3vv.... I was wondering ..... is there anyway to know for sure I have the vs3235 without opening the back case? I don't want to mess with the water resistance....

The simple answer is NO

QQ0

Known Member
19/2/23
EU

Simple answer is no. However if you buy from a td, I wouldn't worry. Or if its new with the plastic from factory and caseback has not been open, then provide us the case number, then we know if its a VSF

Benkennett

Looking Around
31/5/18
Hi all, I’ve received QC pics of my VSF 126610 but the serial number and clasp code are throwing me off, rehaut 14Q4 and clasp 1LD can anyone confirm this would be VSF?

Thanks in advance

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
Hello everyone.
I have a few questions:
1. Usually, before leaving the house, I shake the watch several times until the second hand starts working and then set the date and time (I don't make a single turn of the crown). Is my option more correct for prolonging the life of the mechanism or is it better to make about 20 revolutions of the crown?
2. After ~4 hours of walking with a watch on your hand, the watch usually stops completely after 10-12 hours (when they are already lying on the table at home). Do I understand correctly that in this mode, the rotor simply maintains the current winding and power reserve, but it will not be able to wind 48 and more than 70 hours of power reserve from scratch when walking?

engbanna1

Known Member
29/5/23
KSA
Hello everyone, I have ordered the following watch and delivery is anticipated within the coming 2 weeks:

1- Submariner 126610LV 41mm VSF VS3235 (Starbucks)

Can anyone who recently bought the same watch tell me what Clasp/Bracelet/SEL Codes should I see when I get my QC photos received prior to shipping?
Would appreciate a response please, Thanks all.

ICaymenCider

Horology Curious
Supporter
5/7/23
nYC
Hi all, I’ve received QC pics of my VSF 126610 but the serial number and clasp code are throwing me off, rehaut 14Q4 and clasp 1LD can anyone confirm this would be VSF?

Thanks in advance
My rehaut this month is Q66 and clasp is 1LQ

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Hello everyone.
I have a few questions:
1. Usually, before leaving the house, I shake the watch several times until the second hand starts working and then set the date and time (I don't make a single turn of the crown). Is my option more correct for prolonging the life of the mechanism or is it better to make about 20 revolutions of the crown?
2. After ~4 hours of walking with a watch on your hand, the watch usually stops completely after 10-12 hours (when they are already lying on the table at home). Do I understand correctly that in this mode, the rotor simply maintains the current winding and power reserve, but it will not be able to wind 48 and more than 70 hours of power reserve from scratch when walking?
IMO no. The best option for prolonging the life of a machine is to let it completely stop, but then why did you buy it? It's an automatic watch, wind it before you wear it in order to have the best performance.

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
All 126610 from last week are 2r8...could be latest batch. My rep from last month has q66.

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
I believe all new ones are Q66, there are a few 2r8 2r9 cases recently (but that could just be spare cases) Majority I have seen are Q66

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
Mine is 2R9.

Picked one recently from M2M.
Regulated by myself and it’s 3rd day with 0s/day and 24/7 on my wrist - even @ night.
I usey watch at night cause I feed my daughter and write time & ammount :-D

Reactions: Hec and Fabulously

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
So I came across a blog talking about ways you can distinguish a gen from rep Rolex, and the rep Rolex they were using as an example had what looked to be a "2R30" serial. Any idea if it's a VSF?

Hodgdon.ryan

Has no idea
13/8/23
Simple answer is no. However if you buy from a td, I wouldn't worry. Or if its new with the plastic from factory and caseback has not been open, then provide us the case number, then we know if its a VSF
I just received mine from Puretime and

Hodgdon.ryan

Has no idea
13/8/23

I just received one from Puretime and it is 3vv.