• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
So you mean the clarity of the gen crystal is even better than the VSF? An improvement over VSF? Or the VSFs clarity is noticeable in general?

I would say the clarity difference is not earth and heaven since VSF's crystal is really good already

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
So you mean the clarity of the gen crystal is even better than the VSF? An improvement over VSF? Or the VSFs clarity is noticeable in general?
Vsf crystal is verry good, you will be more than happy with it

Jem93

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/14

se my work on my vsf, gen crystal is gen m8, you have another look....

deadaglev

6/5/13

se my work on my vsf, gen crystal is gen m8, you have another look....
Thanks a lot for those pictures.
So you say there is a noticeable difference right?
The pictures really look like night and day but i have a feeling it is also due to different ambient lights.

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
The VSF crystal is really a good one. The Gen is better.
It has a clarity that is missing from all the replica glasses I know of. However, this point can really only be seen clearly in direct comparison. What I always see with the VSF glasses that I know, however, is that the magnifying lens has distortions when you look at the date at an angle. These distortions are most clearly visible when the date is positioned at the upper or lower edge of the magnifying lens when looking at it at an angle.

Reactions: vodamerc and Jem93

Jem93

13/11/14
But there is a difference?
yes there is, if you have a VSF you will be happy with it, but if you want to upgrade, you have to change the xtal, only if you change it you will understand that it give you a little bit more....

Jem93

13/11/14
Thanks a lot for those pictures.
So you say there is a noticeable difference right?
The pictures really look like night and day but i have a feeling it is also due to different ambient lights.
it was in the same room at same time, little bit different angle give other colours...but the gen xstal is like a "no xstal" on watch, it's mutch better

deadaglev

6/5/13
Thank you guys! Really helpful input that convinced me now to get a gen crystal.
after all the clarity of the VSF is one of the best features of the watch.
And if there is even more to gain then it is awesome.
I would wish to have that in the 116610 as well😄

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I have a question to all those who installed a gen crystal into the 126610.
Is it just the cyclops (color and distortion) that is improved doing It?
Or is the gen crystal itself even more clear, better quality than the VSF in any way?
I am contemplating that mod but if it is just the cyclops that is getting improved by it, i will keep the stock VSF crystal.
thanks for any input!
I just installed a gen crystal on one a couple of days ago. Yes the rep cyclops has a bit of distortion when viewed at an angle, but quite honestly you're going to get very little for your money if you go gen. The rep crystal is very clear and side by side I couldn't see any difference between the gen and an identical watch with the rep crystal. IMO you get bragging rights and not a whole lot more. Some might disagree and that's fine. Just my opinion. Cheers.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I just installed a gen crystal on one a couple of days ago. Yes the rep cyclops has a bit of distortion when viewed at an angle, but quite honestly you're going to get very little for your money if you go gen. The rep crystal is very clear and side by side I couldn't see any difference between the gen and an identical watch with the rep crystal. IMO you get bragging rights and not a whole lot more. Some might disagree and that's fine. Just my opinion. Cheers.
I agree. I have gen crystal on one of my daytona(yes its no cyklop on a Daytona i know) and compere to my other Daytona with deep crystal i prefer the deep crystal al day long. Its over hyped with gen crystals. At least on non cyklop crystal. But Im verry happy with my proof crystal on my gmt so i stick to that. And you can get 2 prof crystals and 2 deep crystals for the same amount as 1 gen crystal. :)

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Did you use the gen crystal gasket for installation too? If yes, it pressed fit OK?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Did you use the gen crystal gasket for installation too? If yes, it pressed fit OK?
Yes this gen crystal gasket fit just fine but sometimes they don’t . They can be too short, too tall, or too tight.

Jotwoo

Looking Around
13/11/20
Not sure if I’m at the right place but I’ve got the qc pics for my LV, the clasp seems crooked. What do you think?

3KKDeK.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: StreetFighter

SuRo

5/2/23
Germany
Hey guys,

i ordered my first Watch (126610LN) from Chazingtime08 a few days ago, was a bit surprised that there are different price categories for the sub, but finally decided on this one, is also the most expensive they have on offer. Am already on the QC pictures excited and when it is then with me. Will report!

Man_pete

9/12/14
EU
I want to ask on for a input on a VFS Submariner that I bought recently M2M,

To me it looks like the crown is standing to far out compared to a lot of pictures I’ve looked at of VFS Submariner

Do you guys agree and if yes is what to do to fix it?

Any advice is highly appreciated 🙏

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
How weird? The ad says VS and then the caption on the picture says N Factory Official Outlet?
¥3050 = $445