• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello folks.

I have a problem with my 126610LV. Anyone has an idea ?

The problem is the bezel. It was flushy, when I press on the bezel it was wobbling and then the bezel started to come off and I removed it easily.
I put it on again but it was doing the same and removed easily again.

There was only 4 ball like pins on the watch
b0ab1f6199286c17e39588b9906223e2.jpg

and thats it. No ring or etc under the bezel. Is it normal ?

Here are the photos.
6decbb215617a4353c45ffa49df60d09.jpg

83e7f5a7f13c7288bb6be11804115eaa.jpg

Your watch has all the pieces that normally come with it. The configuration is just like the gen. Yours is not the first report of a VSF 126610 bezel being wobbly and coming off easily. The issue most likely stems from the bezel gasket (called a hytrel ring) not fitting well.

It's possible the hytrel ring was installed upside down in the bezel groove. You can try CAREFULLY removing it from the groove, flip it over vertically and reinsert it. Then make sure all your springs and balls and the click (at 7 o'clock) are in position and press the bezel back onto the case. Take care not to press hard on the insert itself, ceramic cracks very easily.

I think the hytrel rings VSF is using are not wide enough or maybe not shaped properly or both. Bezels should be moderately hard to remove, and not able to be removed by hand only. The hytrel rings vary from one factory to another. Some have stairstep edge profiles on the inside edge, some on the outside edge. Some are oriented up and down differently than others. My own 126610 LV has a noticeable wobble, if I push one side down there is some give.

Whatever you do don't distort the shape of the hytrel ring or stretch it out. They are very hard to replace. TDs won't source them, gen ones are ridiculously expensive and no guarantee they will fit. Aftermarket ones usually won't fit either.

You can learn more about 6 digit Rolex bezel construction and components in the thread linked below

ZZF Sub bezel not flush

Last edited:

Delifisek53

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/9/20
Your watch has all the pieces that normally come with it. The configuration is just like the gen. Yours is not the first report of a VSF 126610 bezel being wobbly and coming off easily. The issue most likely stems from the bezel gasket (called a hytrel ring) not fitting well.

It's possible the hytrel ring was installed upside down in the bezel groove. You can try CAREFULLY removing it from the groove, flip it over vertically and reinsert it. Then make sure all your springs and balls and the click (at 7 o'clock) are in position and press the bezel back onto the case. Take care not to press hard on the insert itself, ceramic cracks very easily.

I think the hytrel rings VSF is using are not wide enough or maybe not shaped properly or both. Bezels should be moderately hard to remove, and not able to be removed by hand only. The hytrel rings vary from one factory to another. Some have stairstep edge profiles on the inside edge, some on the outside edge. Some are oriented up and down differently than others. My own 126610 LV has a noticeable wobble, if I push one side down there is some give.

Whatever you do don't distort the shape of the hytrel ring or stretch it out. They are very hard to replace. TDs won't source them, gen ones are ridiculously expensive and no guarantee they will fit. Aftermarket ones usually won't fit either.

You can learn more about 6 digit Rolex bezel construction and components in the thread linked below

ZZF Sub bezel not flush

Thanks again KJ for your help.

I just removed the hytrel ring and changed the direction but it didnt worked. And then I put the ring in the same direction again, the bezel is sitting more firmly I think but it still plays when I press on the bezel.

The problem can be the springs ? Maybe one of them can be more longer than the others and pushing the bezel from the under. ?

I’m just trying to figure out the exact problem.

Delifisek53

Banned
13/9/20
Yeah, I was just wondering the same thing. The spring may have gone flying across the room if he didn't know to look for that. The ring would be hard to miss though...

Clickspring is different on that one mate.Cant fly nowhere. :)

Thnx.

D.EASTLEY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/16
Paid 10 days ago.
From Trusty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid 14 days ago to trusty. As he told me they were in stock.

Did you go the LV?

I went for LN.

I guess I got somewhat unlucky here.

Patiently waiting for him to come good.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I just removed the hytrel ring and changed the direction but it didnt worked. And then I put the ring in the same direction again, the bezel is sitting more firmly I think but it still plays when I press on the bezel.

The problem can be the springs ? Maybe one of them can be more longer than the others and pushing the bezel from the under. ?

Springs would be a potential issue only if the ball cannot be pressed down flat against the case. The springs are too small and weak to push a bezel with a properly fitting hytrel ring past the crystal retaining ring lip. That is, unless the spring is fully compressed and the ball is still elevated above the hole then there would be constant stiff upward force on one side leading to an uneven seating and undue pressure and wear on the hytrel ring.

Each of the 4 springs should allow its ball or click to recess completely into its hole. You can test this with the bezel removed. Be very careful as these tiny parts can grow wings. If they recess fully, they are not the problem.

Another possible reason for wobble is the crystal retaining ring not being seated fully all the way around. Yours looks OK from what can be seen in your pics. Or the retaining ring can be slightly too tall. See the link below for a situation like this.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...an-arf-sd43-v3

Note that this only addresses wobble and not easy removal. For that, you can try an aftermarket hytrel ring. There is only one size/shape available AFAIK, and I have never succeeded in using it in any rep bezel. It has always been swallowed completely into the bezel groove. A few other members have reported success though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-GASKE...-/293590263482

If all else fails, it's time to go fish, haha.

Noob GMT Pepsi's poor bezel design

Last edited:

Patricdeen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania

ZZF Sub bezel not flush

i have the same problem. but its not so crazy like yours. its just 1 mm. but I can push the bezel down on my ZZF V2s. the click sound by turning the bezel is lighter on the crown side. but I think don't put the bezel off.

nofitstate

20/7/13

Hey, just incase you find the hytrel ring does need replacing, I found the WSO ones for sale on ebay do fit the VSF bezel. If you have a look at my recent posts you should find the listing for them. The ebay listing does say they are for a 116610 version but I found the fitted perfectly for my 126610LN.

Delifisek53

Banned
13/9/20
Springs would be a potential issue only if the ball cannot be pressed down flat against the case. The springs are too small and weak to push a bezel with a properly fitting hytrel ring past the crystal retaining ring lip. That is, unless the spring is fully compressed and the ball is still elevated above the hole then there would be constant stiff upward force on one side leading to an uneven seating and undue pressure and wear on the hytrel ring.

Each of the 4 springs should allow its ball or click to recess completely into its hole. You can test this with the bezel removed. Be very careful as these tiny parts can grow wings. If they recess fully, they are not the problem.

Another possible reason for wobble is the crystal retaining ring not being seated fully all the way around. Yours looks OK from what can be seen in your pics. Or the retaining ring can be slightly too tall. See the link below for a situation like this.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...an-arf-sd43-v3

Note that this only addresses wobble and not easy removal. For that, you can try an aftermarket hytrel ring. There is only one size/shape available AFAIK, and I have never succeeded in using it in any rep bezel. It has always been swallowed completely into the bezel groove. A few other members have reported success though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-GASKE...-/293590263482

If all else fails, it's time to go fish, haha.

Noob GMT Pepsi's poor bezel design

I will try to change the hyrtel ring and lets pray and see if its okay.
The 4 springs seems to be okay too.

Hope its not fishing time yet. Haha

Thnx for the feedback again.

Reactions: KJ2020

Delifisek53

Banned
13/9/20
Hey, just incase you find the hytrel ring does need replacing, I found the WSO ones for sale on ebay do fit the VSF bezel. If you have a look at my recent posts you should find the listing for them. The ebay listing does say they are for a 116610 version but I found the fitted perfectly for my 126610LN.

I will look for that too.

Thnx.

D.EASTLEY

3/5/16
Is there a fix for the low date wheel? Something that can be changed with parts? Or we have to live with it?

D.EASTLEY

3/5/16
Something was just delivered!!!
My first VSF, curious to find out if it lives up to all the hype
7a33cb666d796e88893c4b4eb3c795aa.jpg

Quick shot on iPhone
6c87b661907d7226c4759f2463ac4932.jpg

That looks so good mate! Are all the numbers on different dates lined up? Say around the 20 through to 29 etc.

Reactions: GMTlover

GMTlover

27/12/12
That looks so good mate! Are all the numbers on different dates lined up? Say around the 20 through to 29 etc.

Thanks!
From 21 it goes slightly left so I’m going to put a gen date wheel in there????

Reactions: D.EASTLEY

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Thanks!
From 21 it goes slightly left so I’m going to put a gen date wheel in there????

If I recall correctly, 3235 doesn't share the same DW as 3135. Maybe I am wrong.