• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
This is true. Andrew said, factory has in stock. However he will have to wait to receive it in hand.

I paid for my VSF 114060 on 30 March and am yet to receive QC pics from Andrew. In the past it was typically 48 hours.

Reactions: DustinY

GMTlover

27/12/12
This would be my first sub. First time from trusty too. Any tips for QC?

Yes.
Take your time to watch it the first time..
make notes.
Then look again after 4-5 hours or so, just to make sure you don’t see any funny stuff

No missing paint
SEL’s
Everything aligned (date, dial, insert)
Dust
The basics ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D.EASTLEY

D.EASTLEY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/16
I paid for my VSF 114060 on 30 March and am yet to receive QC pics from Andrew. In the past it was typically 48 hours.

This is the no date? Stock is not available yet. 126610 is apparently available.

Will let you know when I have QC pics. As will GMT no doubt.

Many thanks for the QC tips gents.

sr_design

Horology Curious
17/7/12
Just Received by VSF 126610LN, all good except date wheel alignment issues for the vast majority of dates.

Only fix is a competent watchmaker needs to make some adjustments? I understand its not the date wheel itself, but the gears correct?

660-CBDF6-8545-4-DF9-8-D76-F99-D56352889.jpg

Last edited:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
DW alignments on the VSF is getting worse. They started off nearly all perfect upon release. Looks like they are rushing to meet demand.

Reactions: oridian and oay62

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
yup, i have rejected 4 watch with bad 2X alignement, but gladly the 5th watch was perfect !

(there is the same problem on some VSF Panerai)

that's really need some attention at the QC level :(

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It's been discussed a good few times. Let the date change by itself at midnight and see where it sets before jumping to conclusions. I bet you will find it centres perfectly. It's only when setting by hand it doesnt centre. Try and come back..

The guy above rejected 4x watches.. jeez..

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

oay62

1/1/20
South Germany
It's been discussed a good few times. Let the date change by itself at midnight and see where it sets before jumping to conclusions. I bet you will find it centres perfectly. It's only when setting by hand it doesnt centre.

You are right. I read that too before I approved my QC's. The date was crooked on those too. Anyway, I didn't complain either.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
It's been discussed a good few times. Let the date change by itself at midnight and see where it sets before jumping to conclusions. I bet you will find it centres perfectly. It's only when setting by hand it doesnt centre. Try and come back..

Jeez ... the guy quoted didn't read the whole story before to talk.

I have already wrote here, that i have asked my TD to do a video of the date changing by itself at midnight before to reject it, and you know what ? still badly misaligned !

so stop to spread this kind of information because it's not always true.

Last edited:

sr_design

Horology Curious
17/7/12

This is with the date changing by itself, no better. From about 7 - 28 it gets progressively worse and then looks centered 29 - 6

Of course the QC photo was only of 29 and looked fine

88f75afe30efc4b46553250b893b5582.jpg

Reactions: Sharki06

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
This is with the date changing by itself, no better. From about 7 - 28 it gets progressively worse and then looks centered 29 - 6

Of course the QC photo was only of 29 and looked fine

88f75afe30efc4b46553250b893b5582.jpg

The way I am, I would have gone mad every time I looked at that DW!
I couldn't live with that problem.
This reinforces my idea of waiting for a "no date", I want to avoid making an enemy of my TD by discarding all the clocks it shows me in the QC until I find a clock with the DW aligned.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
D.EASTLEY Puretime

sr_design : Thanks to also highlight the same problem even if the date change by itself, this false information about that should be stopped ... for the QC, i always ask for some other date pics in every range (like 6 / 8 / 12 / 18 / 21 / 28 / 31) , we pay like an extra of 50/100 $ by watch to goes with an TD , i think we can ask for it.

Manuel.b : same , dw aligment is a nightmare for me also , and even more with this cyclop that magnify it right in your face ... i'm a bit (a lot ?) ocd ? surely... but i think my TD was pretty patient and the problem of alignment is very clear (is not like a tiny little details ...) ! (and i think this can be avoided if the TD take a little more attention to this but that's another subject) at least, they still want my orders :) , but i can look the date whitout losing my hair

Reactions: Manuel.b

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
D.EASTLEY Puretime

sr_design : Thanks to also highlight the same problem even if the date change by itself, this false information about that should be stopped ... for the QC, i always ask for some other date pics in every range (like 6 / 8 / 12 / 18 / 21 / 28 / 31) , we pay like an extra of 50/100 $ by watch to goes with an TD , i think we can ask for it.

Manuel.b : same , dw aligment is a nightmare for me also , and even more with this cyclop that magnify it right in your face ... i'm a bit (a lot ?) ocd ? surely... but i think my TD was pretty patient and the problem of alignment is very clear (is not like a tiny little details ...) ! (and i think this can be avoided if the TD take a little more attention to this but that's another subject) at least, they still want my orders :) , but i can look the date whitout losing my hair

Your watch is very nice and everything is well aligned.

Reactions: Sharki06